What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 NJ CB Yuri Wright (Signed to Colorado)

Just to temper the news: Steve Levy played QB for Cal (as well as Don Bosco).
This is not a widely known fact. Good research.

We have been recruiting his 5*teammate at Don Bosco Darius Hamilton pretty hard. I would imagine we were/are in contact with Yuri a lot also. I thought we were out of it a while back with ND or Michigan in the lead but things are fluid once again. Per our new commit Jordan Payton:

"I'm proud to be a part of the family. I'm going to see them when I go back to the hotel. It's exciting. I'm lovin' it." Payton's commitment to Cal was a poorly-kept secret this last week, as the 6-2/190 receiver was one of Cal's most active recruiters during the bowl prep week in San Antonio. "We're about to get everybody," said Payton, with a big smile. "Yuri Wright from Don Bosco, he's going to take an official so he might come. It's just a domino effect. We love it. Me, Ellis, Shaq, we've been planning on it for the whole week. It's just amazing. We're all a big family. You can just see it."

http://bearinsider.com/news/story.php?article=1697

We'll see what happens. Ismael Adams wound up choosing Ucla btw so we have openings.

Michigan boards saying YW cancelled his visit there for this weekend. The thread links to a pay site I don't have access to (although the reporters there usually seem to be right from what I can tell), so I didn't bother to link to it. Not sure if this is YW cooling on UM, or the other way around (as has been rumored for a while), but couldn't hurt from our perspective either way, I suppose.

Last edited:
I think Yuri got hit on long and hard by other Cal recruits at the AA game. Doesn't hurt that they are in the mix for Hamilton too. Cal's a player in the mix now. Think it is CU, Cal and ND in the end.

I think ND is out of it. They do have a great clas for a secondary. I think it will come down to Georgia and us.

From what I have read, it appears that we are in competition with Cal for the kid. In our corner, his position coach at the allstar game last week was his old high school coach/mentor (the one that convinced him to play football instead of basketball). The coach is very tight with and a big supporter of Greg Brown. That should have helped our case a bit. On the con side, he became very good friends with some of the high profile recruits that are heading to Cal and they were working him hard. In the end, I hope he is a Buff and I think it is a 50/50 proposition right now.

You've met Nik, right?

05spanky_ham_hospital04.jpg

apparently michigan has stopped recruiting yuri because of the appropriate nature of his tweets.
chatsportsACE
Ace Williams

YuriWright
's tweets are why Michigan stopped recruiting him

hope he doesnt follow shu to ND. come on buffaloes. met the kid on his OV at the wyoming bball game and was a nice kid.

Some of that's funny, even educational. :wow: Michigan probably was ok until he dissed their homeboy. :lol:

Funny that one of the tweets they used was him complaining about his last night in Boulder.

Arrogance of Michigan. If you don't want to deal with hearing how teenagers talk in the hood, don't recruit kids from the hood. CU is happy to have them. We've got a proud history here with guys who have done extremely well and displayed great character. Their loss, our gain.

Good post Buffnik. I agree!

Arrogance of Michigan. If you don't want to deal with hearing how teenagers talk in the hood, don't recruit kids from the hood. CU is happy to have them. We've got a proud history here with guys who have done extremely well and displayed great character. Their loss, our gain.
If only they knew how common it is.

So, is it true that he had "a lock" on these tweets but they got out anyway? Who snitched on him?

So, is it true that he had "a lock" on these tweets but they got out anyway? Who snitched on him?
Yes his profile was on private, pretty sure he also has to confirm you if you want to follow him, then some UM booster didn't like the tweets, reported it to Hoke or someone else, and bam, done.

Back