What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 NJ CB Yuri Wright (Signed to Colorado)

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the B&G Yuri!!!!!:rock3::thumbsup:

One other thing that isn't getting the attention it deserves is that with guys like Gerald Thomas, Yuri Wright, Kenneth Crawley, Marques Mosley, John Walker and Donta Abron coming in we have made a monumental upgrade to our special teams.

Great point. I'm happy with the overhaul being performed on this team. Injecting much needed talent and speed as well as the DLineman we need desperately. Embree is doing what I'd hope he would.

So these Freshmen CBs are really ready to be depended upon from day 1? That seems kinda scary to me, but perhaps my fears are unfounded.

We gave up 439 yards per game and 255 of that through the air last year. I'd say give the freshmen a chance because it really doesn't get too much worse than that.

Did we ever find some video? I looked through the first 10 pages and didnt see any.

Do not be surprised if Yuri redshirts. My guess is he plays early, but people talking about him starting game one might want to tap the brakes. He is still pretty raw.

I would guess the chances of him redshirting will be 0. His worst case scenario is the #4 corner and playing special teams. But he played at the highest level of high school ball and could very well come in here and win the #1 corner spot. Regardless, it is good news for us in the stands.

I would guess the chances of him redshirting will be 0. His worst case scenario is the #4 corner and playing special teams. But he played at the highest level of high school ball and could very well come in here and win the #1 corner spot. Regardless, it is good news for us in the stands.
Your guess is extreme.

Do not be surprised if Yuri redshirts. My guess is he plays early, but people talking about him starting game one might want to tap the brakes. He is still pretty raw.

I figured that might be the case. I also understand the need to develop depth. Depending upon Freshman is certainly not the way to go in the long run. The problem is, we REALLY need to win games next year in order to improve our recruiting. To win games, we need to improve our secondary ASAP. Good teams just picked us apart last year. I'm sure it will be much improved in two years with these latest CB additions, but I'm just hoping it will be good enough next year to allow us to stay in games.

Your guess is extreme.

Guessing that he "will not" redshirt is extreme? You'd be right if we were stacked at DB, but we were starting RB's there last year and this is the PAC 12 where 6 DB's are on the field at one time sometimes. I'd guess that starting summer camp that the depth chart is Henderson at #1 and then Wright/Crawley/Walker/Harrington/Bell competing for the next spots. You think Wright gets redshirted? :wow:

Guessing that he "will not" redshirt is extreme? You'd be right if we were stacked at DB, but we were starting RB's there last year and this is the PAC 12 where 6 DB's are on the field at one time sometimes. I'd guess that starting summer camp that the depth chart is Henderson at #1 and then Wright/Crawley/Walker/Harrington/Bell competing for the next spots. You think Wright gets redshirted? :wow:
Your guess of 0% is extreme.

Checked-in first thing this morning and missed this by about 2 minutes, but my lunch hour just got about 100% better. Great get for this staff.

He no doubt has the football talent... Glad to see that he passed the sniff test by Embree in the other areas too.

Wondering if there will be any backlash by the Denver media now... You know it is coming, just hope it doesn't gain any traction.

He no doubt has the football talent... Glad to see that he passed the sniff test by Embree in the other areas too.

Wondering if there will be any backlash by the Denver media now... You know it is coming, just hope it doesn't gain any traction.

Almost makes me want to take out a subscription ot the Denver Post just so I can call in in 2 days and cancel it.

The competition at corner and the corners with WRs in camp is going to be so intense. Having this competition is what the elite teams have. Urban meyer always talked about it it florida. he said if your scared to compete then dont come here. Competition on the practice field between and within positions is huge!

Dont forget about all the guys we already have! Bell, Orms, Sherrard, vigo, henderson, washington, polk, T.smith and Jmo. love adding mosley walker yuri and kenny to these.

F*ck the Denver media. A simple investigation into the twitter feeds of HS students in the most affluent areas of the metro area will uncover a multitude of tweets as bad if not worse than those of Yuri's. Fact.

:dance2::dance2:
dance2.gif

Welcome!!!

F*ck the Denver media. A simple investigation into the twitter feeds of HS students in the most affluent areas of the metro area will uncover a multitude of tweets as bad if not worse than those of Yuri's. Fact.

You don't understand media then... They won't do that simple investigation. They will rely on what went national a few days ago on ESPN and Yahoo. Story is already done for them, all they have to do is put it on 9news and credit the source in the Post. At this point I kinda doubt anything comes of it actually... That is as long as Yuri doesn't give the media anything at all to use in the future, you wont hear about it. The second he gives them ANYTHING to use though, you can bet he will be the recruit that had the wild Twitter comments before CU signed him.

I think it is great for the players to have twitter accounts, I just wish the coaches or someone would monitor them better. Basically tell them that they speak for the university now and if a 10 year old and a grandma would feel uncomfortable reading their posts then they shouldn't post it for the world to see.

At any rate, glad to see some great talent coming to CU, hopefully he makes the most of it!

Back