What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 NJ CB Yuri Wright (Signed to Colorado)

I just think as more time passes, he likes CU less and less. Also, until proven otherwise, I doubt Greg Brown can help close on elite DB prospects.
images

We should get him as long as we maintain contact with him. If we lose Yuri I'll be dissapointed.
:nod:

Great news, we needed a marquee player to be the frosting on a solid class with some fine athletes that should be a lot of fun to watch in the coming years. I'll be thrilled with whoever else we get between now and NLOI day.

Oh and, HELL YEAH! WELCOME YURI!!!!

[video=youtube;7LuSP4QaXiQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LuSP4QaXiQ[/video]

As previously mentioned this also means that Orms can move to safety. He has the intelligence and attitude to be a safety but his time at CB also means that he will be more effective in coverage from the safety spot.

The other big thing have Yuri, Crawley, and Henderson as our primary guys at CB means that the other corners are available to play on coverage teams where we have to put it kindly, stunk for years. If we are going to return to winning this is another area we have to be much better, this could help a lot.

You don't understand media then... They won't do that simple investigation. They will rely on what went national a few days ago on ESPN and Yahoo. Story is already done for them, all they have to do is put it on 9news and credit the source in the Post. At this point I kinda doubt anything comes of it actually... That is as long as Yuri doesn't give the media anything at all to use in the future, you wont hear about it. The second he gives them ANYTHING to use though, you can bet he will be the recruit that had the wild Twitter comments before CU signed him.

I think it is great for the players to have twitter accounts, I just wish the coaches or someone would monitor them better. Basically tell them that they speak for the university now and if a 10 year old and a grandma would feel uncomfortable reading their posts then they shouldn't post it for the world to see.

At any rate, glad to see some great talent coming to CU, hopefully he makes the most of it!

That's the gist of this column in SI. Pretty balanced write up regarding Yuri and social media used by recruits in general.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...4/recruits.social.media/index.html?xid=cnnbin

Holy testicle tuesday, didnt see this one coming. Brown and the rest of the coaches have been putting in the work, lets hope we get a few more and finish strong.

I just read through all 54 pages. Possibly the most rollercoast-ery ride of any prospect we've been serious about.

Btw how much better is Yuri and the DC4 going to make our Texas Trio? Be the best by practicing against the best everyday in practice. These two big commits from Yuri and KC help us in many many ways.

Last edited:
Btw how much better is Yuri and the DC4 going to make our Texas Trio? Be the best by practicing against the best everyday in practice. These two big commits from Yuri and KC help us in many many ways.
^^^ DC3(including Sherrard) vs Texas Trio should be interesting.

I just read through all 54 pages. Possibly the most rollercoast-ery ride of any prospect we've been serious about.

And yet with the competition in the secondary (testing everyones character) and fact we will still have a couple rough seasons something tells me this roller coaster is only getting started...

Last edited:
And yet with the competition in the secondary (testing everyones character) and fact we will still have a couple rough seasons something tells me this roller coaster is only getting started...
I hope not. 2012 season ending bowl game. 2013 we hit the afterburners.

Back