What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 NJ CB Yuri Wright (Signed to Colorado)

Who knows? Maybe they did. But in the end Yuri has plenty of opportunity to make up for this, umm, youthful indiscretion (or at least not repeat it) and judging by the quotes from Toal at Don Bosco, those who know him assume he will.

I’m with you on this one – heaven knows I’m not the same person today that I was when I was 18 and learned from my mistakes, that’s one of life’s gifts, right?

Although it appears that Yuri’s “mistakes” were not just Twitter related but more about his general casual use of obscene language (cussing and obscene are two different things) I know his CU football family (coaches & players) will embrace and mentor him. He has A LOT to offer and as with all things, we thrive where we are allowed to thrive. I think Embree is clear on his expectation of behavior and he made it clear to Yuri. Boulder is a different world than NJ, lots of opportunity for him to turn into the man and player he was meant to be. The negative posters need to worry about their own backyards and give the kid a chance to succeed and contribute in HIS new backyard and that's at CU! :thumbsup:

Articles like that will make it so much sweeter when we get start winning again

People are hating us again. We are becoming relevant instead of pitied :smile2: :woot:

I can't wait until Yuri is a first round pick, I wonder if BR will still think we regret offering him.

Can someone please explain how anything he tweeted was racist? Pointing out race is not racist. Maybe I just missed one.

The Bleacher Report article is the most poorly written piece of professional journalism I have ever read. "Several" instead of "sexual" (I think that is what the author meant), mixing up the plural and possessive and the singular and the plural. And then there is this gem: So, if Wright felt comfortable to tweet that nonsense a week ago, what in the world would he be capable of doing, when he's playing on a team he probably doesn't want to play for?

I hope Yuri is a first round draft pick in four years and tells Bleacher Report to suck his balls.

Can someone please explain how anything he tweeted was racist? Pointing out race is not racist. Maybe I just missed one.

I dont think anyone ever said he said anything racist. It was more singling out the Jewish lady about how they sprayed her with the puddle water. Not racist, but not far from that neighborhood. The guy a few posts up called me racist because he had no clue what was going on.

I dont think anyone ever said he said anything racist. It was more singling out the Jewish lady about how they sprayed her with the puddle water. Not racist, but not far from that neighborhood. The guy a few posts up called me racist because he had no clue what was going on.
no no NO! I wasn't saying you were racist, I was ****ing up cause I'm tired.

Should have read "Insert Racist Remark about white girls in Boulder here"

Worse thing he tweeted was that he doesn't trust his mother. Aside from that, meh. Welcome to the B&G Yuri. VERY glad to have you. Now go apologize to your mom.

The Bleacher Report article is the most poorly written piece of professional journalism I have ever read. "Several" instead of "sexual" (I think that is what the author meant), mixing up the plural and possessive and the singular and the plural. And then there is this gem: So, if Wright felt comfortable to tweet that nonsense a week ago, what in the world would he be capable of doing, when he's playing on a team he probably doesn't want to play for?

I hope Yuri is a first round draft pick in four years and tells Bleacher Report to suck his balls.

BR is not profession journalism. Anyone can write an article on BR.

Every message board in the college football universe has mention of this. Love it.

Any press is good press. Honestly I think most people with a brain don't understand the big deal. Ya he has a foul mouth. Ya he is a typical teenage boy and only has one thing on his mind. Its honestly only a problem for two reasons. One, he commited to Colorado (if it had been michigan or ND we wouldnt hear about it) and because of the school's over reaction and suspension... after the football season of course.

BR is not profession journalism. Anyone can write an article on BR.

Well, that makes me the uninformed asshole. So, theoretically, a Michigan, Rutgers or Notre Dame fan could have written the article? The grammar reeks of a CSU or kNU alum, though.

He's a Buff. Nobody will care about this tweet issue in March. Let's go to work and win some games.

I’m with you on this one – heaven knows I’m not the same person today that I was when I was 18 and learned from my mistakes, that’s one of life’s gifts, right?

Although it appears that Yuri’s “mistakes” were not just Twitter related but more about his general casual use of obscene language (cussing and obscene are two different things) I know his CU football family (coaches & players) will embrace and mentor him. He has A LOT to offer and as with all things, we thrive where we are allowed to thrive. I think Embree is clear on his expectation of behavior and he made it clear to Yuri. Boulder is a different world than NJ, lots of opportunity for him to turn into the man and player he was meant to be. The negative posters need to worry about their own backyards and give the kid a chance to succeed and contribute in HIS new backyard and that's at CU! :thumbsup:

We hope, huh? BTW, and I'm taking the SI article's word for this, they evidently weren't even his words, he was quoting a song. Still casually done, but to me makes it less of a deal. He just needed the education about the world, and the world gave it to him.

Wow, didn't think we'd get him. Great pickup. :thumbsup:

Embree and brown need to keep this kid moving in a positive direction so he can prove all these people wrong.

As far as CSU, they can go **** themselves. Any of you, go read their board and tell me if you still hope they do well other than when they play cu. I hate csu worse than nebraska.

Wow, didn't think we'd get him. Great pickup. :thumbsup:

Embree and brown need to keep this kid moving in a positive direction so he can prove all these people wrong.

As far as CSU, they can go **** themselves. Any of you, go read their board and tell me if you still hope they do well other than when they play cu. I hate csu worse than nebraska.

Not me....will always hate those mother****ers from lincoln more than anybody.

Back