What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 PA OLB Deaysean Rippy ('13 TNFR to Colorado)

As I said before, I don't think anybody really knows how this is going to turn out.

Wouldn't shock me either way. That said I think we have a pretty good shot still.

From what I saw he never gave any indication we were in good standing. Plus we have lost out on every 4* this class regardless of circumstance

What exactly did you see because he wasn't very open to giving interviews till a month a go and hasn't done one since the CU visit.

And how does losing out on others have any impact on this one? Not like McNamara and Rippy were buddy buddy with each other.

Elite players want to play with other elite players, especially with recent trend of networking at camps/all-star games.

What exactly did you see because he wasn't very open to giving interviews till a month a go and hasn't done one since the CU visit.

And how does losing out on others have any impact on this one?
Not like McNamara and Rippy were buddy buddy with each other.

It doesn't. But the staff hasn't really gone toe-to-toe with elite programs and won... or Pac-12 programs (minus Utah) for that matter

It doesn't. But the staff hasn't really gone toe-to-toe with elite programs and won... or Pac-12 programs (minus Utah) for that matter

I understand the sentiment that we've lost on a lot of our recruiting battles, and are pretty much batting .000 for four star prospects at this point, and agree with you on that count. But to say that we haven't won any toe-to-toe battles with legit programs for the recruits that we have is a bit of hyperbole, I'd say.

looks like he loved his arizona visit saying it was "one of the best trips iv'e had". he is planning on setting up a UCLA visit... with the way UCLA has been reeling kids in... im worried about this one

looks like he loved his arizona visit saying it was "one of the best trips iv'e had". he is planning on setting up a UCLA visit... with the way UCLA has been reeling kids in... im worried about this one

a-sailing-ship-sails-during-sunset-towards-the-harbor-of-bremerhaven.jpg

Posts on the UCLA Scout board indicate they have similar concerns as us with the ability to get him in.

So we've "stopped recruiting him" - does that mean he no longer has an offer from CU? Can we still be pleasantly surprised here?

The only thing I can think of is that the staff stopped actively recruiting him, but left the offer on the table until it gets filled.

Back