What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TX WR Jeffrey Thomas (Signed to Colorado - GS)

Not the end is near! Cracking me up! I've told that this part of the recruiting is normal so I'm sure it's happening to Peyton and Gerald as they are putting up their numbers. The part I don't understand and folks around me laugh at is that they do a pretty extensive eval before the senior season starts. Recruiters go to spring games, stats from summer camps are usually posted. Most kids attend the college summer camps and highlight tapes are all over youTube. So other than the few sleepers that are out there, you would figure that the coaches would know what they want. I might be oversimplifying but then the circling around after the fact...........I just don't get it if you have depth in a position.

And I say this for schools that haven't offered a recruit. Its different if they have offered and are trying to turn a recruit. But if you haven't offered, why now? It's kinda like that guy/girl you always wanted in high school but they never gave you the time of day until after you've both graduated and they now have no pressure of the "popular" kids talking. SMDH!

You know you guys are already like family. Honestly I only know of 1 team that has circled around at him. The good thing about Jeff is he's loyal and early support is important to him. Who believed in him first is important. CU is where he wants to be. So any articles or videos I post is really PR to help him get into an all american game (the machine never stops).

The funniest part of the journey is the folks around that are surprised we aren't running in their direction. My thing, how people treat you when you "aren't somebody" is proof of how they truly feel about you. You guys pretty much sealed it with the mag cover. For so many people to rally around a kid you only know from pics and videos to help him is HUGE. Not alot of people are willing to do those kinda things anymore.

I think for many of us, we viewed your son's and Gerald's commitments as proof of how they feel about CU. They rallied around us in down times...we reciprocated, that is natural for a family. When they said they wanted to be family, they became much more than pictures and video.

Hi Moett, any plans for Jeffery to come see a game on a visit this fall?

It wouldn't be a bad for him to wait until states are over. That way he can come in January when Embree is trying to close some of the top undecided targets who are available late. It would help to have guys like Dillon and Jeff in the group those weekends to help recruit for us. This weekend, I love that we have the Irwin brothers in at the same time we are trying to make an impression on 2 of our other top targets (McNamara and Hooker).

I think for many of us, we viewed your son's and Gerald's commitments as proof of how they feel about CU. They rallied around us in down times...we reciprocated, that is natural for a family. When they said they wanted to be family, they became much more than pictures and video.

Here, here! Well said.

4 catches for 63 yards and two TDs in a 38-31 win. It appears he was the only receiving threat for his team as they only had 92 passing yards on the night.

4 catches for 63 yards and two TDs in a 38-31 win. It appears he was the only receiving threat for his team as they only had 92 passing yards on the night.

He's having a heck of a year. It sounds like he would be going for about 200 yards a game if their offense aired it out and had a QB who was more of a passer. Having him as such a threat on the outside has got to be keeping defenses honest and helping the running game a ton.

He's having a heck of a year. It sounds like he would be going for about 200 yards a game if their offense aired it out and had a QB who was more of a passer. Having him as such a threat on the outside has got to be keeping defenses honest and helping the running game a ton.

He's trying to do what he can but I was looking at stats and to go from over 200 yrds avg per game from our QB to 91 yds........just don't get it. I want to try and give credit to the other team's defense this past week but watching film just pissed me off even more and keep me from doing it. Watching our QB hesitate is just painful because I know he's conflicted in whether to throw or run. GOING DOWN IN FLAMES! And for me its not even just about Jeff and his stats as we have 3 other good receivers and one kid that plays both sides that is a monster straight runner.........and the lack of throwing is affecting them as well cause 2 of the other 4 don't have scollys and are seniors. It was so sad.......I found myself literally standing on the bleachers yelling "throw the ***** ball"! Glad that was NOT on film. The parents in front of us were cracking up though.

It wouldn't be a bad for him to wait until states are over. That way he can come in January when Embree is trying to close some of the top undecided targets who are available late. It would help to have guys like Dillon and Jeff in the group those weekends to help recruit for us. This weekend, I love that we have the Irwin brothers in at the same time we are trying to make an impression on 2 of our other top targets (McNamara and Hooker).

Yeah AustinBuff and Buffnik that might be the plan. The coaches had asked that we look at an official visit around December. So bummed we won't be in the stands during the season but we will get to see the beautiful snow. LOL.

Yeah AustinBuff and Buffnik that might be the plan. The coaches had asked that we look at an official visit around December. So bummed we won't be in the stands during the season but we will get to see the beautiful snow. LOL.
Stands can happen next year :thumbsup:. But truthfully, its better for the kids to come on a non-gameday week. Coaches can give them more individual attention, and they get to see the campus and student life how it will normally be...

And thanks for the compliment, but I don't think I'm on the schedule :lol:.

Wait, early December you said? Nevermind, that is finals week. So not that normal.

Stands can happen next year :thumbsup:. But truthfully, its better for the kids to come on a non-gameday week. Coaches can give them more individual attention, and they get to see the campus and student life how it will normally be...

And thanks for the compliment, but I don't think I'm on the schedule :lol:.

Wait, early December you said? Nevermind, that is finals week. So not that normal.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::nod::lol::lol::lol::lol:

4 catches for 90 yards and a TD (which went for 65 yards) in a tough 27-20 loss.

I urge anyone with a Scout sub to go watch the senior video highlights they posted today. You will be happy.

Painful loss tonight guys! The TD was on a comeback swing as we were down 27 to 13. The QB overthrew him 4 times. Just don't have words right now!

Could use a quality QB with a good arm and an ability to find an open reciever. Somebody like maybe . . .

Shane Dillon?

Big game for Jeff tonight. 6 catches for 118 yards (team only threw for 127 yards total) in a come from behind 20-16 victory.

welcome, this is JT, also known as your entire passing offense.

CRACKING ME UP! This was a rough game. I thought I was gonna have to go down on the field. But the boys fought thru the struggle. I showed this link to Jeff and asked the coaches to do the same for the team. I was happy to hear that they took the time to do it. This guy somes up life! Hang in there Buff Nation!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPf0sClRgrU&feature=related

That's allsome! :lol::lol:

Sometimes have to remind them not to get comfortable and not to give up when things are hard. There were a couple of times we got ROCKED in this game. One of our hybrid WR/RBs caught a great short pass, started running and his defender came at him........next thing you know ball is up in the air and so were his legs! Had several key mess ups that cost us. We received the ball on opening kick off, ball slipped right thru our hands and was recovered by the other team. The other team's first TD was defense recovering a fumble on the 20 yrd line and taking it in for a TD. So I promise you.......ET (the commentator of this link) was speakign straight to us! But it was nice........Jeff's 45 yard catch got us going in the 4th and we pulled it thru. I think we gave a few coaches heart attacks. But I do forget that most of our team is juniors/sophmores and this is their first year on Varsity. So the seniors on the team remember our trials from last year but the younger ones don't. Everyone is learning together.

CRACKING ME UP! This was a rough game. I thought I was gonna have to go down on the field. But the boys fought thru the struggle. I showed this link to Jeff and asked the coaches to do the same for the team. I was happy to hear that they took the time to do it. This guy somes up life! Hang in there Buff Nation!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPf0sClRgrU&feature=related

That guy is awesome. Always gets me pumped up.

He had 6 receptions for 76 yards and 2 TDs in a tough 39-28 loss tonight. They still seem to be struggling in the passing game, only had 162 passing yards tonight as a team.

He had 6 receptions for 76 yards and 2 TDs in a tough 39-28 loss tonight. They still seem to be struggling in the passing game, only had 162 passing yards tonight as a team.

Last 2 games ... Wanna run the ball for 3 qtrs until we get in a hole then expect the WRs to bail them out in the 4th. Crap is just getting old. Watching the season go down in flames. Now having to fight to get into playoffs only to play Euless Trinity in first round. There are no words right now.

Last 2 games ... Wanna run the ball for 3 qtrs until we get in a hole then expect the WRs to bail them out in the 4th. Crap is just getting old. Watching the season go down in flames. Now having to fight to get into playoffs only to play Euless Trinity in first round. There are no words right now.

Hang in there Mo. There are some things that are just outside of your control. Clearly Jeff is doing everything within his control to help the team win games, and that's a positive reflection on him and his upbringing. Still, if that's not consolation enough, I'm sure we could get a crew together to road trip down there and rough up the coaching staff; knock some sense into them. Just say the word... :thumbsup:

Hang in there Mo. There are some things that are just outside of your control. Clearly Jeff is doing everything within his control to help the team win games, and that's a positive reflection on him and his upbringing. Still, if that's not consolation enough, I'm sure we could get a crew together to road trip down there and rough up the coaching staff; knock some sense into them. Just say the word... :thumbsup:

Thank you sir. If the next game is like this I might just make a phone call! LOL!

2 catches for 25 yards and 2 TDs in a 64-50 shootout. Duncanville was up big for most of the game (43-7 halftime lead) and clinched a playoff spot with the victory.

Back