What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 WA OT Walker Williams (Signed to Wisconsin)

Has walker or DoWork given any indication he is wavering? I just don't see the point in bumping this thread

I wouldn't consider this "bumping".

DoWork has been kind enough to stop by and fill us in on Walker's recruitment, and has shared commentary about the CU program, other recruits, and recruiting in general. The Walker's may not be (or become) part of the family, but they're damn good friends and some of us care how they're doing.

I wouldn't consider this "bumping".

DoWork has been kind enough to stop by and fill us in on Walker's recruitment, and has shared commentary about the CU program, other recruits, and recruiting in general. The Walker's may not be (or become) part of the family, but they're damn good friends and some of us care how they're doing.

This.

Honestly, I rarely venture into the football recruiting board until after signing day because there are just so many damn players to keep track of (God bless the 13 scholarship limit in basketball). That said, I've been following this thread closely for the last few months. It started out because DoWork was posting here and was really giving us a great "insider" view of recruiting, but even after Williams committed to Wisconsin I've kept track of the kid and I'll cheer for him in college no matter what*. He's everything we hope for in a Buff - a very talented kid who has a great family and is on every level a class act and someone you can cheer for.

* - unless he goes to Nebraska. That's just not allowed.

This.

Honestly, I rarely venture into the football recruiting board until after signing day because there are just so many damn players to keep track of (God bless the 13 scholarship limit in basketball). That said, I've been following this thread closely for the last few months. It started out because DoWork was posting here and was really giving us a great "insider" view of recruiting, but even after Williams committed to Wisconsin I've kept track of the kid and I'll cheer for him in college no matter what*. He's everything we hope for in a Buff - a very talented kid who has a great family and is on every level a class act and someone you can cheer for.

* - unless he goes to Nebraska. That's just not allowed.

Added to that, Walker's also someone who could be an academic all-american. Hopefully at CU. Be cool to put an 8th Buff into the college football hall of fame on the scholarship side.

I don't think we'd hear about that on this board if he was wavering. However, you'd have to expect that he's having second thoughts given the fact that the majority of coaches he was recruited by are leaving. Including, if I remember correctly, his position coach.

I agree that DoWork probably wouldn't say anything here until a commitment was made, but I will say that a few of DoWork's recent posts have led me to believe that Walker may at least be thinking about other options. I'm probably reading too much into things, but I've just had this feeling all along that this isn't over.

I'm probably sounding like a broken record, but if he does decide to come here, he better make up his mind pretty soon. There aren't a whole lot more seats on the bus.

I'm probably sounding like a broken record, but if he does decide to come here, he better make up his mind pretty soon. There aren't a whole lot more seats on the bus.
WW has a seat on the bus even if the bus has to come back around the block to pick him up. (especially considering the Asiata info)

WW has a seat on the bus even if the bus has to come back around the block to pick him up. (especially considering the Asiata info)

Echo this, he is a guy you find room for even if it means somebody else takes the next bus.

Williams was thinking about possibly taking a trip to Boulder for a short period of time earlier this month, but he decided to stick with Wisconsin.
Doh. per a post by adam at rivals.

Yes. Walker is solid with Wisconsin.

CU was given strong consideration, relationships were built here, and it would have been a good situation for Walker. We were a definite #2 on Walker's list, but Wisconsin was where he felt the best fit was.

Great kid. Great family.

Best of luck as a Badger (except when we take you guys on in the Rose Bowl). We'll be watching your career.

Hopefully we'll see DoWork at Folsom some time to take in a game.

Beat Nebraska!

The rest of the OL class is falling apart around Wisconsin. They have lost a top OL recruit to Rutgers and now appear to be losing another one to Ohio State.

Hmmmm. Better peel that onion before making a career mistake.

if this is true, then good luck at wiscy! fun town, good school, good people. while i would like for CU to get every recruit it targets, it hurts a tiny bit less when it is a situation where a recruit really appears to have made a thoughtful and considered choice.

Back