What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CO OT Dan Skipper (Verbal to Arkansas)

Saw Skipper play last night against BHS. He is every bit of 6'10". Maybe more. There was a Tennessee coach in the stands. No idea who it was. Ralston Valley has one helluva good football team. Their QB really impressed me. Throws a very nice ball. He hit a few receivers way downfield right in stride. I came away more impressed by their QB than with Skipper. To be fair, BHS has had so many injuries that they were basically playing their JV squad, so they didnt generate much pass rush.
Looks like Boulder gave up some gashers. 55 yds per completion.
The Mustangs scored touchdowns all six times they had the ball in the first half, with QB Jacob Knipp completing five passes for 223 yards and TDs of 31, 37, 89 and 44 yards -- all before being pulled in the second period.

http://www.bocopreps.com/fall-sports/football/ci_21712693/boulder-panthers-football-ralston-valley

It wasn't a fair fight. RV has some serious speed at WR, and a QB that can hit them in stride. It was beautiful, unless you happen to be cheering for BHS. RV looked like a college team out there. It's very unusual for a high school team to have a passing attack like that. It didn't help matters that BHS has something like 15 starters out, lost five more during the game, and was down to playing their 4th string QB. It got ugly fast.

It wasn't a fair fight. RV has some serious speed at WR, and a QB that can hit them in stride. It was beautiful, unless you happen to be cheering for BHS. RV looked like a college team out there. It's very unusual for a high school team to have a passing attack like that. It didn't help matters that BHS has something like 15 starters out, lost five more during the game, and was down to playing their 4th string QB. It got ugly fast.

So in other words it looked kind of like Dan Hawkins coaching against Missouri?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Lol yup big difference between a 44.6 avg and a 55 avg

Not if you are on the defense that is giving them up. Watching some guy celebrate in the endzone after a long play isn't much different between 44 and 55 yards.

A game like this one probably isn't a very good measure of Skippers potential considering the competition. At the same time I'd like to see him go to CU and see how he could develop. Sometimes guys go to SEC country and end up competing against guys who have competed at much higher levels in HS. They can tend to be buried a bit due to the adjustment and never quite get back on track. Staying in state gives them a better shot at developing into their potential as players.

Not if you are on the defense that is giving them up. Watching some guy celebrate in the endzone after a long play isn't much different between 44 and 55 yards.

A game like this one probably isn't a very good measure of Skippers potential considering the competition. At the same time I'd like to see him go to CU and see how he could develop. Sometimes guys go to SEC country and end up competing against guys who have competed at much higher levels in HS. They can tend to be buried a bit due to the adjustment and never quite get back on track. Staying in state gives them a better shot at developing into their potential as players.
Well obviously it's not going to make that big of a difference if you're getting a TD nearly every play but a ~9 yard difference is significant in football IMO.

Well obviously it's not going to make that big of a difference if you're getting a TD nearly every play but a ~9 yard difference is significant in football IMO.

If a guy is scoring from 44 he most likely would have scored from 55 or 70, he was past the defense. It matters only on the stat sheet, not in terms of winning, losing, or how you played. Huge difference between 4.4 ypp and 5.5 ypp. What we are talking about is meaningless to the players in the game.

If a guy is scoring from 44 he most likely would have scored from 55 or 70, he was past the defense. It matters only on the stat sheet, not in terms of winning, losing, or how you played. Huge difference between 4.4 ypp and 5.5 ypp. What we are talking about is meaningless to the players in the game.
Oh I agree with you, just looking at it from the 44.6 to ~55 y/pass only it's a big difference

Well enough recruit threadjacking for today

I think it's important for #MacIce to reach out to the best in-state players. If he flips one or more, that would be amazing. But just as importantly, making that effort helps him get started on a good foot with the 2014 guys. Players and their coaches talk and things filter, whether you're doing things the right way or wrong way.

According to scout, Skipper now have offers from Michigan, Ohio State, California. Boise State, among other teams. He is still my number one rated prospect out of Colorado. I still have hope that he will be a Buffalo, Mike McIntyre should atleast get him to visit.

Last edited:
Skipper sounds like he could be a very good player. I am worried about how his height will translate to college ball.

Skipper sounds like he could be a very good player. I am worried about how his height will translate to college ball.

I'm not any more. When we were building toward a pro style I formation, I had serious doubts. But out in space with wide splits on the OL for a spread attack, we're talking about OLs that can maintain gaps and play on an island. This isn't about drive blocking any more. I would be ecstatic if HCMM could get Skipper to stay home.

I am not worried about that either, but probably due to the validation of the Michigan and Ohio State offers.

BigBang2 was right all along.:wtf:

I am not worried about that either, but probably due to the validation of the Michigan and Ohio State offers.

BigBang2 was right all along.:wtf:

UM and OSU need guys to block FG's too. But in all seriousness, both of those teams have multiple 4* Tackle commits already. They have the luxury of taking a project with sky high potential

UM and OSU need guys to block FG's too. But in all seriousness, both of those teams have multiple 4* Tackle commits already. They have the luxury of taking a project with sky high potential

Correct.

I stand by my earlier comments. Guy will never make an impact at the college level.

Back