What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 FL SG Chris Thomas (Signed with Chipola JC/Manhattan)

I hate to see such a young, talented person in turmoil.

At this point, he might be best served finding an international league or something if he is able to do so.

I'm having a hard time reconciling "Going overseas" and "getting his head straight". Not sure how the former accomplishes the latter.

Get away from bad influences.

There are no bad influences in Europe? He'll be stuck in a foreign country with a lot of time on his hands and no support system around him. That's a recipe for disaster, IMO.

This is head-scratching and almost comical from an athletics point of view but looking at him personally I am more saddened and concerned. There are personal issues here which could end up hurting his life which goes far beyond basketball. For his own well being I hope someone he respects gets through to him and he turns this around.

There are no bad influences in Europe? He'll be stuck in a foreign country with a lot of time on his hands and no support system around him. That's a recipe for disaster, IMO.

Maybe that's the problem here. That and he's close to all his old ties. Probably a little tougher to get into trouble in you don't speak the language and you're living in some idyllic little town like Bamburg Germany.

Seems to me like the kid has been trying to run away from his problems for a while now, only to have his problems catch up with him every time.

Seems to me like the kid has been trying to run away from his problems for a while now, only to have his problems catch up with him every time.

Like trying to run away from your shadow. Try everything you can and the next morning it's back.

I'm not confident he'll find this in Europe but he does need to find somebody who can be a mentor, give him some guidance. He also has to be willing to pay attention to that person and make it happen, for some guys a much harder thing to do.

Hope he can get his act together in time for his basketball talent to help him get a decent start on the rest of his life.

If anybody is wondering how he ever got admitted to a juco while he is a HS junior (which is probably everybody) i found this.

The High School Dual Enrollment and Early Admission Program, authorized under Florida Statute 1007.27, is a cooperative effort with Chipola College and Calhoun, Holmes, Jackson, Liberty, and Washington school districts and select private schools to provide enhanced learning opportunities for qualified high school students through effective use of college programs and resources.* The program allows qualified high school students the opportunity to enroll free of charge in college courses to earn both college credit and credit toward high school graduation.

A couple of the requirements he probaby got around b/c he is good at basketball b/c as I see no other way.

Be enrolled in a public high school*located within the college’s five county district. (his last HS was in conn., this school is in FL)

Have written approval of the high school principal. (he presumably isn't enrolled in a hs so getting a letter from the principal could be tough)

There are also a bunch of academic requirements that I have a hard time believing he could possibly meet gong to 4 HS's.

I remember researchng this and trying to figure out what classification he was and yrs of eligibility he had.......that was 2 years ago, it's only gotten more confusing.

Back