What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 TX PF Dustin Thomas (Signed to Colorado)

Why do we keep hearing this about Tad recruits? Dude knows what he is looking for.

Earlier post joked about the CU bump but I would have to guess that the services might want to give a look, or a second look, at anyone Tad is actively recruiting. The man knows talent.

Does this close the book on 2013?
Not quite... We are only going to be looking at Lexing from here on out though, and we may wait until the spring signing period to see what happens this season. Unless Tad knows something we don't quite yet, though, we can't take another recruit.

Re: '13 TX PF Dustin Thomas (Verbal to Colorado)

How do class rankings work? Is it top 2 or 3 players only? At this point we might be top 50.

247Sports just upped him to a 89 three star. But check out this stats of last year.
20ppg / 48% from 3pt / 6apg / 14rbg / 5 spg

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT WELCOME TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!

:dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4:
:dance5::dance5:

Tad Boyle, making it cool to go to CU football games!
:dance5:

Re: '13 TX PF Dustin Thomas (Verbal to Colorado)

I go to football games hoping to see the basketball team. PAC 12 champs

Some told me the staff has this kid rated as the #8 prospect in Texas, they had Dre as #37.....

So, Thomas is basically a near-consensus top-150 talent now? This kid just came out of nowhere. The depth on this team is going to be incredible in a couple of years.

So, Thomas is basically a near-consensus top-150 talent now? This kid just came out of nowhere. The depth on this team is going to be incredible in a couple of years.

top 120 per Ziskin earlier

That's just ESPN though. Let's see where everyone else has him when it's said & done. I'd say it's likely he's in the Top 150 of all four when it's signing day, but it's still too early to say.

Question for anyone who might know. The 6'8" 210lb listing is from when? Is he still growing?

I am happy to have him with his skills at the listed size but if he does like Scott and Gordon (and Xavier Johnson) and continues to grow taller and mature physically before he gets here he could turn into a nightmare for opponents to deal with. The idea of having a guy with the height and bulk of a college PF but with wing skills and quickness in addition to the other athletes that Tad has brought in. Can't wait to see it happen on the floor.

That's just ESPN though. Let's see where everyone else has him when it's said & done. I'd say it's likely he's in the Top 150 of all four when it's signing day, but it's still too early to say.

A couple of days ago, William posted that he talked to the bball analysts at 247 and they had him in the same range as ESPN.

The 247 grade is 1-point away from being a 4-star player and puts him in the top-150 range.

247 now has him as the #133 player in the country and #30 PF.

Based on Tad's track record for finding and developing talent he just might be better than that rating would indicate.

Basketball season could be very fun for Buffs fans the next few years. :smile::gobuffs:

I am particularly excited about this kid. Can't wait to see some video on him.

As many have said, welcome to the Buffs!

'13 TX PF Dustin Thomas (Verbal to Colorado)

Based on Tad's track record for finding and developing talent he just might be better than that rating would indicate.

Basketball season could be very fun for Buffs fans the next few years. :smile::gobuffs:

Could? Already is!

Thomas looks slim and in much better shape in the photos I've seen from this season.

This one is from December 12th (Texarkana Gazette), when he led Pleasant Grove to a 71-47 win over what might be the 2nd best team in the Texarkana region.

122112_PG-AH-BBall01_sm.jpg

I think we need to recruit more Texas kids especially after how Roberson has performed for us over the last two and a half years. We need a pipeline to TX just in case the Pac-16 with Texas does happen.

I think we need to recruit more Texas kids especially after how Roberson has performed for us over the last two and a half years. We need a pipeline to TX just in case the Pac-16 with Texas does happen.

I'm not sure it's that important in basketball. I mean, if a kid has talent, go after him, but it's hard to build strong pipelines when you only take 2-3 kids per year. It's pretty easy to fill that within the Pac12 footprint too.

Back