What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO PG Dominique Collier (Signed to Colorado)

[video=youtube;AL9YWaqhHVw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AL9YWaqhHVw[/video]

The last half of the video is impressive as all hell. The move he makes at 0:57 actually caused me to say "Oh ****" in the office.

It's going to be fun watching Dom in 2014.

His length is really apparent in that video. He really makes it look easy too. I think he was playing at about half speed through parts of that.

His length is really apparent in that video. He really makes it look easy too. I think he was playing at about half speed through parts of that.

He plays very efficiently. Doesn't try to do the spectacular when simple is just as effective. Doesn't show people up but gets done what needs to be.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/national/post?id=7075
[h=1]Top performers from UA Grind Session[/h]
The talent of all four teams was deep and the games were ultra-competitive with guys like James Demery, Dominique Collier and Troy Brown making their presence felt frequently.

Best Shooter
Dominique Collier (Denver, Colo./Denver East)
2014, PG, 6-2, 160
AAU team:
KC Run GMC
Committed to Colorado
Collier is a pure point guard with an extremely strong feel for the game. He did a good job of finding open teammates with his penetration and made defenses pay repeatedly from deep when his man played off of him. I like his chances to knock down treys whenever his feet are set, something he did quite frequently in this contest.

I guess that work that Will said Dom has put in on his shot mechanics has paid off.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/national/post?id=7075
Top performers from UA Grind Session

The talent of all four teams was deep and the games were ultra-competitive with guys like James Demery, Dominique Collier and Troy Brown making their presence felt frequently.

Best Shooter
Dominique Collier (Denver, Colo./Denver East)
2014, PG, 6-2, 160
AAU team:
KC Run GMC
Committed to Colorado
Collier is a pure point guard with an extremely strong feel for the game. He did a good job of finding open teammates with his penetration and made defenses pay repeatedly from deep when his man played off of him. I like his chances to knock down treys whenever his feet are set, something he did quite frequently in this contest.

I guess that work that Will said Dom has put in on his shot mechanics has paid off.

I believe Collier received MVP honors too. It wasn't a huge pool of talent (around 40 players total), but there was some legitimate talent in attendance, including Shaquille Carr, Brekkott Chapman, and Joe Burton.

I believe Collier received MVP honors too. It wasn't a huge pool of talent (around 40 players total), but there was some legitimate talent in attendance, including Shaquille Carr, Brekkott Chapman, and Joe Burton.

With this sort of display, he may be moving up in the ranks again!!! Get em!!!

With this sort of display, he may be moving up in the ranks again!!! Get em!!!

There's actually talk that he could be moving down in the rankings. Apparently, there's a lot of differing opinions on Collier amongst scouts. I think he'll probably stay right around where he is, which is fine and doesn't really matter in the end.

Very impressive for Dom to be the MVP of that event. 15 Rivals150 recruits, with 6 of those being in the Top 40. Would like to see Dom go up in the rankings as it might help increase the odds of another fairly highly ranked kid in joining the program

He got bumped a bit in his ratings by ESPN. Now 85 and 12 PG. Oh ya, and #55 in the nation.

Snow clearly missed your post. YMSSMR. Dom somehow dropped in 247s rankings.

Medford M. a troll or psychic?

Possibly just knows wtf he's talking about.

:wtf: :lol:. The better question is how did we both get different PG #s.

[video=youtube;LGsr0d0Eap8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LGsr0d0Eap8#![/video]

Dom definitely flashed the jumper at the UA event. Check out the step-back at 1:30.

It's because they changed it back from yesterday. I was the one to initially write that he got bumped up to the #12 a few weeks ago. They dropped him yesterday and now he's back. Doesn't make sense to me, but you tell me.

'14 CO PG Dominique Collier (Verbal to Colorado)

[video=youtube;LGsr0d0Eap8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LGsr0d0Eap8#![/video]

Dom definitely flashed the jumper at the UA event. Check out the step-back at 1:30.

Sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Re: '14 CO PG Dominique Collier (Verbal to Colorado)

His shot looks really smooth to me. Can you guys explain what you don't like about it?

His shot looks really smooth to me. Can you guys explain what you don't like about it?

It looks a lot better than it did even a couple of months ago. Before, the ball was coming off his right shoulder, it was flat, and he would kind of sling it at the hoop. Basically, exactly what you'd expect from a skinny kid who probably lacked the strength to even get the ball to the hoop with a more traditional stroke until the last couple of years. Now, the ball still comes off that right side a little bit, but he's starting the shot higher and releasing it higher. That will pay dividends at the college level (and looks like it is even now).

Dom is releasing before he hits his apex and his elbows are still bent...to his benefit his release is very quick so he's hard to block and requires less space to get it off and he does resemble SD only SD is 5-6" taller.

I like his shot just fine. I think he needs to add some strength still and he'll be able to shoot a little more at the apex of his jump (he's still using his legs to elevate and the ball is coming out during the elevation, which means he's harnessing leg energy to get some extra lift on the ball - not unusual at this stage of development). But he has good rotation, the ball is now more centered and in a better place (not over his shoulder) and fundamentally looks pretty good. The ball seems to come out of his fingers decently. Just needs some more strength (forearms, wrists, fingers, triceps).... For a Jr in High School, that's the last thing Tad Boyle is going to be worried about.

Personally, I don't give a damn what his shot looks like if he can knock them down. Shoot it the same way every time.

Dropped to 80th (think from 61) on rivals. http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/rankings/rank-2993

Does anyone know what the reasoning is behind the services dropping him? Is it his shot as mentioned above or something else? I know we are getting a great prospect regardless of ranking, but curious about the drop.

Familiarity, maybe? Dom's been in the spotlight for so long that maybe the service scouts are falling in love with others' upside and passing Dom in the rankings. Who knows? Usually we benefit from that dynamic since we've been the program discovering guys. With J-Hop and Dom, it's been the opposite. They kept winning MVPs and falling in the rankings anyway.

Back