What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO PG Dominique Collier (Signed to Colorado)

:thumbsup::nod::five::gobuffs:This is in my opinion is Tad's best recruit in terms of HS talent. GO BUFFS! I haven't been this excited about a bball recruit since Chaunc - that includes Harrison.

This will be great for Dom and for CU, excellent match.

Really an elite player. Will help attract other top flight players but no matter who else we get he is good enough that he will play a lot.

"It's great to be born and raised in Colorado, go to high school in Colorado and then college in Colorado," Collier said. "I'm a Colorado kid. To go there and have all the support you could have, to follow in Chauncey Billups' foot steps (means a lot)."

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1503642

Will goes on to say in his article that this is the 8th Rivals 150 recruit Tad has landed in his short time here.

This will be great for Dom and for CU, excellent match.

Really an elite player. Will help attract other top flight players but no matter who else we get he is good enough that he will play a lot.

He's a PG who likes to distribute. Like getting a top QB, this only makes other guys want to play here. They know Dom will get them the ball in good spots and make them look good. And that CU will be winning a lot of basketball games.

The PG position looks strong for years to come. Great news and I agree, this may be the biggest get for Tad and Co yet, given some of Dom's other offers and his strong start to the AAU season.

More-Awesome-Than-A-Double-Rainbow_4663-l1.jpg

Looks like my investment in season tickets is paying dividends already. :woot:

I like how all the players and signed recruits end tweets with #rolltad. So awesome and pumped for Dom!

Welcome Dom! So freakin' psyched! I'm off to change my pants. That's how excited I am.

Seriously on cloud 9 right now. I love Dom. Like Nik pointed out, he can run the point, but he can also score when need be. There's a reason that schools have been going after him since his freshman year in high school. He's an elite prospect.

And he's a Buff.

Best part? He committed early. Now he's going to go out on the AAU circuit and recruit for CU. Players are going to want to play with him. Remember how we used to joke that Spencer had a rolodex of every recruit's number? Dom's been playing with the elite of the elite (see that picture on page 1 of him in a "Team USA" jacket?) for years. This is HUGE.

First off, nice get. Welcome aboard Dominique!

Sorry, I don't follow basketball recruiting much. Is this guy a true point guard? Is Perkins a true PG too?

First off, nice get. Welcome aboard Dominique!

Sorry, I don't follow basketball recruiting much. Is this guy a true point guard? Is Perkins a true PG too?

Yes and yes. Both can score, too, so they would probably play pretty well together if they decided they wanted to do so.

Yes and yes. Both can score, too, so they would probably play pretty well together if they decided they wanted to do so.

With the way Tad likes to play they would probably thrive together. Tad likes to have more than one guy who can play the PG role and also likes his PGs to be able be offensively aggressive like a SG would be. Both of these guys fit this description and would create major headaches for opposing teams, especially those who have limited options as far as defensive capabilities. Who do you defend like the PG and who do you put your SG defender on, either way you are creating a mismatch.

It would also mean that when they aren't playing together each can get enough rest that you can go the entire game with at least one of them on the floor fresh, keep the pressure on the defense the entire game.

Last edited:
Enough of that, though. Tonight is about celebrating the fact that the Mayor will pass the torch to the Dominator!

Just texted Dominique's name to a friend and it switched his name to Dominate. I like the Nick name of Dominator. Really excited about his commitment and think he will be a great fit.

How the hell does this thread not have any videos? First, I must say he looks good playing at the Keg.

[video=youtube;oCfV8IJ28Jw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCfV8IJ28Jw[/video]

In this one, watch the first clip. It's a thing of beauty.

[video=youtube;UxAk67oBLqs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxAk67oBLqs[/video]

CO Gatorade Player of the Year.

[video=youtube;WhtJTozp6Cc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhtJTozp6Cc[/video]

Don't mean to say anything negative. Is it OK for Rodney to tweet about it? Just curious.

Dom is definitely smoother than he is explosive, but that seems to be the kind of recruits that Tad likes. Even the guy's he gets that are explosive have the smoothness.

Seriously on cloud 9 right now. I love Dom. Like Nik pointed out, he can run the point, but he can also score when need be. There's a reason that schools have been going after him since his freshman year in high school. He's an elite prospect.

And he's a Buff.

Best part? He committed early. Now he's going to go out on the AAU circuit and recruit for CU. Players are going to want to play with him. Remember how we used to joke that Spencer had a rolodex of every recruit's number? Dom's been playing with the elite of the elite (see that picture on page 1 of him in a "Team USA" jacket?) for years. This is HUGE.
This. 100x this. I hope Dom has Adams and Pickens on speed dial, because this could be the start of a truly special class.

Dom is definitely smoother than he is explosive, but that seems to be the kind of recruits that Tad likes. Even the guy's he gets that are explosive have the smoothness.
Those videos don't show his defense either. His ability to pressure the ball could turn out to be a huge asset and fits in well with the direction Tad seems to be going.

Don't mean to say anything negative. Is it OK for Rodney to tweet about it? Just curious.

Read what Rodney tweeted. He's known Dom a long time. Was probably just congratulating him for getting an A on a paper.

Those videos don't show his defense either. His ability to pressure the ball could turn out to be a huge asset and fits in well with the direction Tad seems to be going.
Dom has some great length on the perimeter. Should give other PG's fits.

I love this commitment. Think Dom can be a dominant defensive player at the next level and his offense won't be shabby either. I am shocked that he committed so early though.

Back