What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO PG Josh Perkins (Verbal to Gonzaga)

pimpin aint easy (AAU coach in Denver) says that we will "definitely not get both" as in Collier and Perkins, because they do NOT want to play at the same school.

And that kind of goes against what others have said

Who? just tifwiw, he does seem very close to both of them. I think he was posting about them when they were in middle school. He kinda also made it seem like Perkins is slightly favoring KU

I wonder how skewed PAE's opinion is by the fact they didn't want to play on the same AAU team and made that known?

That's a different type of thing. With that, you're showcasing your skills and also developing them. You need to be the man to maximize your recruiting. So it would make total sense to want to be able to dominate the ball and run the team. In college, no matter where you go, you're going to have a backcourt mate who you share the ball and spotlight with. To use the current CU team and past teams as examples, neither Burks nor Higgins were hurt by playing together and sharing the spotlight. It actually made them better. Same goes for Spencer & Ski right now.

Bottom line: NCAA ain't AAU.

Who? just tifwiw, he does seem very close to both of them. I think he was posting about them when they were in middle school. He kinda also made it seem like Perkins is slightly favoring KU

PAE seems closer to Perkins than Dom, but he's consistently said they won't play together in college for a year or so now. The thing I liked is he said Josh may be swayed by the “glamour" of playing for Kansas or Arizona, where he can be in the limelight every year. Didn't we just beat Arizona... again? I guess I don't see that big of a difference in the programs right now. Tradition? Sure. But right now? Nope.

I don't think you can fault any player from wanting to take his visits, and making his decision then. Although, I wouldn't exactly complain if he committed to CU beforehand.

New Mexico has a great crowd, and that will be a good atmosphere to take in. While I don't think he's likely to commit to them after visiting or anything, he's probably somewhat high on them to be willing to take an official visit there

I am a Lobo fan and will be in the PIT tonight to welcome Josh Perkins to Albuquerque. It is sold out and we are playing Boise State. We are in first place in our conference and have an rpi of 4 and sos of 4. I really don't know if Josh Perkins will commit to New Mexico but he his a fine young man with great character and whoever gets him will be very lucky. I think if CU gets him he will really help your program. He is really an outstanding player. We are gonna do everything we can to make him feel welcome. I love all the Colorado teams when they are not playing New Mexico.

I am a Lobo fan and will be in the PIT tonight to welcome Josh Perkins to Albuquerque. It is sold out and we are playing Boise State. We are in first place in our conference and have an rpi of 4 and sos of 4. I really don't know if Josh Perkins will commit to New Mexico but he his a fine young man with great character and whoever gets him will be very lucky. I think if CU gets him he will really help your program. He is really an outstanding player. We are gonna do everything we can to make him feel welcome. I love all the Colorado teams when they are not playing New Mexico.

Solid post. Let's keep it positive. Love your arena and respect your program.

Perk needs to stay home, though. :smile2:

The Pit is the most impressive part of Albuquerque.
That place (town) really is a POS. The club section at their football stadium is pretty cool as well but not a lot of redeeming qualities there.

I just have a feeling that we see him in Boulder. Something special is building, this is a rebuilding year and we will be dancing and had a shot at the 6/7 seed had we won out at home and split the Bay trip. Next year we will be a top 15 team if Spencer and Dre return and his family will get to see him play.

Crazy to think that for as exciting as this team is this year, that we are just touching the surface of what we will see in the coming years.

My Gonzaga-grad buddy, who's very tapped into Zag stuff, says Perkins is most likely going to go there. Lotsa talks so far, etc, kinda under the radar.

My Gonzaga-grad buddy, who's very tapped into Zag stuff, says Perkins is most likely going to go there. Lotsa talks so far, etc, kinda under the radar.
jlaw-okay.gif

Honestly, Gonzaga wouldn't surprise me. Kind of sounds like it could be any of the final 3.

I tell you, if he doesn't go to CU, I hope he goes northwest. Screw the Beakers.

Honestly, Gonzaga wouldn't surprise me. Kind of sounds like it could be any of the final 3.

I tell you, if he doesn't go to CU, I hope he goes northwest. Screw the Beakers.
wouldn't surprise me either, it also doesn't surprise some big time fan is confident they're going to get him.

Both New Mexico and Gonzaga fans seem very confident they can get Perkins. KU fans more concerned with Randle, Wiggins, Tyrus Jones among others to care much one way or the other on Perkins.

I do think New Mexico, Gonzaga, CU are all better spots for Perkins then KU would be.

Back