What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO PG Josh Perkins (Verbal to Gonzaga)

I honestly don't know which one I'd prefer. All the talk is tat we won't get both, so I guess I hope we get one. Either one will be fine by me. I'd prefer that the one that goes elsewhere goes to a school outside of the PAC 12.

I'm not picky. I'd be happy with either just so long as we don't end up with neither.

I honestly don't think you can go wrong with either of them. Both provide completely different aspects of the game, so they'd be perfect together, but it appears that's a pipe dream. As long as we get one of them - and I'm confident we will - I'll be happy.

It would be a major upset if CU, where it is right now nationally, doesn't land either of the top rated PGs from its own state with PG being an area of need.

Confirmed during the WBB NCAA sub-regional .... posted on the inside stall doors about prospects may be present at games and that fans should not approach prospects nor should their names be chanted or on signs as that could be an NCAA violation.

That is an interpretation by CU's compliance dept.

I'd rather have Collier

It would be a major upset if CU, where it is right now nationally, doesn't land either of the top rated PGs from its own state with PG being an area of need.
Tad just needs to break down and tell them he's only taking on PG, and it's first come, first serve. I'd really love to get the PG position taken care of, so Tad can focus all is attention on landing a swing man and an athletic big.

If what some people think is true, and they both want to be the only PG signed to their class... little reason for Tad to say that. I imagine Tad would love it if both players committed to CU

If what some people think is true, and they both want to be the only PG signed to their class... little reason for Tad to say that. I imagine Tad would love it if both players committed to CU

Especially since Tad doesn't think in terms of PG, SG, etc. He wants combo guards. He might sign more than 1 guy who is listed as a PG in the Rivals database, but that doesn't mean both "PGs" won't start.

As we saw this last season, Tad doesn't really care if his guards fit a pre-defined roll. Spencer flipped between the 2 and the 1 mid possession sometimes.

Especially since Tad doesn't think in terms of PG, SG, etc. He wants combo guards. He might sign more than 1 guy who is listed as a PG in the Rivals database, but that doesn't mean both "PGs" won't start.
These kids don't care about that. They want to be THE GUY. Also, even if they both came here, I would say one of them will be coming off the bench. Hopkins, Fletcher, and Jenkins will all be here and will be sophomores when they arrive, and I don't think Collier and Perkins would start at the 2 over one of those guys.

These kids don't care about that. They want to be THE GUY. Also, even if they both came here, I would say one of them will be coming off the bench. Hopkins, Fletcher, and Jenkins will all be here and will be sophomores when they arrive, and I don't think Collier and Perkins would start at the 2 over one of those guys.

If Collier and Perkins were the only 2 PG's in play, I'm sure this would all work itself out. But what if the staff decides they just can't pass on Casey Benson? Or Jeremiah Paige blows up this summer, and the staff decides to make him a priority target? As others have mentioned, I think Tad's looking at Guards, while the kids are focused on PG. He's smart to not paint himself into a corner and give the staff the best opportunity to maximize the talent in the 2014 class. Besides, I think at least one of these kids will see the opportunity and come to CU.

UCLA just lost out on 5* PG Rysheed Jordan to St. John's. With their top PG target off the board, they're definitely looking around.

William tweeted that he was at the Miners game a few minutes ago. I'm sure he'll have a report on Rivals in the next day or two.

From all accounts Perkins is tearing it up in Vegas at the Pangos Spring Spectacular Tourney. Sounds like Mark Few and Tim Floyd were in attendance this morning watching him play.

There were a ton of people tweeting about his game, but this one pretty much sums up his weekend.

Johnny Hernandez ‏@JOVICHERN 19h Quote of the Day "Josh Perkins is so Good, he makes u want 2 offer other players on his team" Makes Teammates Better I Agree

HUGE weekend for Perkins. Hopefully it's too late for anyone else to jump in the race.

I hope so too, but I can see Perkins dragging out his recruitment if other major schools come along from the east. Either way, Perkins would be huge get. Ditto for Collier. I don't expect to get both since each play the same position.

I think Tad's relationship with him and his family over the last three years should be enough to overcome late interest, but teh Kansas offer might too hard to pass up. I hope I am wrong.

You hear Perkins being compared to guys like Deron Williams and Jason Kidd, and it's fairly obvious that he'd be the type of commitment that his signing would help bring CU's program to the next level.

I hope so too, but I can see Perkins dragging out his recruitment if other major schools come along from the east. Either way, Perkins would be huge get. Ditto for Collier. I don't expect to get both since each play the same position.

I think Tad's relationship with him and his family over the last three years should be enough to overcome late interest, but teh Kansas offer might too hard to pass up. I hope I am wrong.

This is nothing more than a gut feeling, but I'm actually more worried about UCLA and Gonzaga now.

I think it is pivotal that we land Perkins. It will send a message to not only future Colorado recruits, but also the nation. If he keeps blowing up all summer, he's going to end up as a 5 star PG on all recruiting websites. He would be able to come in and take over for Dinwiddie after Dinwiddie leaves next year. I hope that Tad can secure him as our future PG. He would be able to take our program to the next level without any regression.

'14 CO PG Josh Perkins

If Tad has taught us anything, it's that no single recruit is essential. If Perkins comes here, great. If not, I have absolute confidence that we will still win 20+ games a year and be in contention for conference titles every year.

If Tad has taught us anything, it's that no single recruit is essential. If Perkins comes here, great. If not, I have absolute confidence that we will still win 20+ games a year and be in contention for conference titles every year.

That's true sackman because Tad relies on a balanced TEAM, but I believe for Tad to take this program to the next step: top 10 and above, Elite 8 and above, compete for national championships on a consistent basis, etc.... that we need to attract the five star talents, especially the ones in our backyard.

Perkins would send a message to those four/five-star out of staters that Colorado is a place to play and win in bball.

Look at all the four star recruits we obtained from getting Darrell Scott in football. Great players want to play with other great players. They all know each other from the AAU camps and events.

Basketball is even more about talent than football because you only have five guys on the floor. Boyle has the program going in the right direction, but he still hasn't landed that elusive five star. I think he gets one in 2014, and Perkins is probably the best chance due to location and relationship with Boyle for the past three to four years.

If we get Perkins, I think we land two other four star prospects. He is a huge prospect, not just for this year, but for the program.

That's true sackman because Tad relies on a balanced TEAM, but I believe for Tad to take this program to the next step: top 10 and above, Elite 8 and above, compete for national championships on a consistent basis, etc.... that we need to attract the five star talents, especially the ones in our backyard.

Perkins would send a message to those four/five-star out of staters that Colorado is a place to play and win in bball.

Look at all the four star recruits we obtained from getting Darrell Scott in football. Great players want to play with other great players. They all know each other from the AAU camps and events.

Basketball is even more about talent than football because you only have five guys on the floor. Boyle has the program going in the right direction, but he still hasn't landed that elusive five star. I think he gets one in 2014, and Perkins is probably the best chance due to location and relationship with Boyle for the past three to four years.

If we get Perkins, I think we land two other four star prospects. He is a huge prospect, not just for this year, but for the program.

Well the next step is either that, or the coaches making smarter decisions on gameday, i.e. half court offense, inbounds plays, etc.

I think you're too hung up with star ratings. I want Perkins too (we all do), but you're setting yourself up for disappooment if we land Collier instead. That's an added variable with both of these kid's recruitment, and ultimately, we probably have one scholarship for whichever pops first.

Back