What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 TNFR ATH Jaleel Awini (Committed to Colorado)

Roster lists him at 6-2 220lbs. If he has maintained his speed at that size, he could be a heck of a LB.

I like it. Assume Awini wants a shot at another position if he wasn't going to be 1 or 2 on the QB depth chart. Respect his willingness to move over to LB, it will be interesting to see how he does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure he played some defense in hs, probably safety. Smart guy and a good athlete, not like we have an abundance of LBs in front of him.

Would not surprise me to see him getting snaps this season.

That size and quickness, he's got the physical tools to be LB. He may be a sleeper in that position...may make a little noise in 15.

It's the perfect time to make a switch. He's got to be focused on getting on scholarship and that probably had been made clear was not going to happen soon. He's got a new DC and a new position coach - everyone is on a clean slate. The spring will focus on fundamentals (tackles, reads, etc). And we know we lack depth there.

He's got the athleticism and size (I'll assume he can pack on another 10 lbs easy enough). Does he have the instincts? Will be an interesting watch this spring.

It's the perfect time to make a switch. He's got to be focused on getting on scholarship and that probably had been made clear was not going to happen soon. He's got a new DC and a new position coach - everyone is on a clean slate. The spring will focus on fundamentals (tackles, reads, etc). And we know we lack depth there.

He's got the athleticism and size (I'll assume he can pack on another 10 lbs easy enough). Does he have the instincts? Will be an interesting watch this spring.

It seems like the perfect time to switch would have been during this last season when he was sitting out after transferring. This is definitely in response to a failure on the recruiting trail to get adequate numbers. At least the time when he was in the weight room wasn't a waste, but it would have been nice if he could already have a year of thinking like a LB under his belt.

That being said, I have no problem with having athletes on the team and slotting them somewhere after giving their body some time to develop. Hopefully he catches on quickly and can be a contributor.

It seems like the perfect time to switch would have been during this last season when he was sitting out after transferring. This is definitely in response to a failure on the recruiting trail to get adequate numbers. At least the time when he was in the weight room wasn't a waste, but it would have been nice if he could already have a year of thinking like a LB under his belt.

That being said, I have no problem with having athletes on the team and slotting them somewhere after giving their body some time to develop. Hopefully he catches on quickly and can be a contributor.

He was told he could have a chance to play QB. He spent one semester here doing that.

He was told he could have a chance to play QB. He spent one semester here doing that.
That works for me. Will be a special teams contributor this year at the minimum. Wouldn't be surprised if his athleticism allows him to get on the field for some defensive packages as well.

Would love to have his eligibility cleared up as I know he got docked a year while at Air Force's prep school because he had taken classes at CSU the summer before. Then he played a year at AF, before getting booted. Then he sat out a year here.

cubuffs.com is listing him as a SO for next season - so wonder if there's a mistake or if he got that first year back thru appeal?

He played Safety in High School. Sounds like he was a very good Safety as well. Won't be completely foreign to him to play on that side of the ball.

He was a very good option QB. Totally different look from offense to defense but the idea of reading keys and making the appropriate response isn't new to him. Even as an athlete the AFA doesn't take a lot of dumb guys.

If anyone can learn how to play LB in a short time he should be able to. Based on what I saw last year he may already be able to make better reads some of the guys we were playing.

Back