1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'15 FL PF Andre Adams

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive - Basket' started by Goose, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Rivals
    Scout
    ESPN
    247sports

[​IMG]
    IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)

AAU Team: Arizona Magic

Ht: 6-foot-8
    Wt: 200 lbs

Rivals rating (2014): 3*; unranked PF (#130 overall)
    Scout rating (2014): 3*; #36 PF
    ESPN rating (2014): 3*-71 grade; #61 PF
    247sports rating (2014): 3*-89 grade; #29 PF (#126 overall)

Reported offers: Colorado, Arizona State, Boise State, CSU-Northridge, New Mexico, Northern Arizona, Oregon State, UNLV, USC, Washington

2. Goose

Another combo forward who would be perfect for us because it would allow us to continue to scream "Dre's ball!". Rivals had a nice write-up on him this summer:

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

New Rivals article says he's 6'9" now after growing over 5 inches in the past year.

"They're really good, good all around," he said of the Buffaloes. "Their defense is great…everything that you want in a school is there."

Tad Boyle has reciprocated that love, including the choice to be the only head coach in attendance for Adams' initial breakout game last July.

Rivals subscribers should check out the full article.

4. mattrob

mattrob Club Member Club Member

It sounds like we're going to be head-to-head with ASU on a lot of prospects this cycle. It's not really surprising, since we're recruiting AZ pretty hard, but both schools seem to be targeting similar players.

5. Buffnik

Yep. And we have to win those battles. Obviously, conference affiliation is a tie and for the AZ kids location likely works in the favor of the Sun Devils. Playing time may be in their favor, too. But from the standpoint of where the programs are, we're ahead. They didn't make the Dance even with Carson and Felix - what are they gonna be without them? We've been the past 2 years while we were rebuilding. Our head coach stability is also a much clearer picture.

6. mattrob

Agreed. There are always kids who want to stay close to home, but we really need to land at least one of our AZ prospects this year. For one, there are four damn good prospects that could really help the program, but I also think it'll be important to help establish inroads in the area. I don't want to see the Sun Devils clean up on those kids this year, then build on that momentum in future classes.

7. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

AZ is blowing up as a talent hot bead. Many of these kids left East LA and the Smog valleys east of there aka as the Inland Empire.

8. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

****in LA!!!! :pissed:

9. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

10. Buffnik

ESPN updated their scouting report on 4/22.

I liked this bit: "while operating on the block he showed a developing jump hook over his right shoulder".

That's the perfect counter-move to his left-handed post moves. (Exactly what Jelly's been developing.)

11. Goose

Now that Dom is locked up (God it's fun typing that) and Perkins is probably headed out of state, this is my #1 target.

12. Medford M.

Medford M. Well-Known Member

Give me a shooter and one of either Andre or Zylan Cheatham and I'll be ecstatic. I think we'll get our last two commits out of Arizona.

13. Goose

I don't think we'll have 3 scholarships next year.

14. Medford M.

If we don't take another one this year, we will. Next year we'll have Dinwiddie, Booker, XJ, Gordon, Scott, Jenkins, Fletcher, Hopkins, Thomas, Talton, Stalzer, and Mills. That's 12, and we'll lose 2 with Dinwiddie leaving. You can have 13 scholarshipped players, so there will be 3 open slots.

15. mattrob

I love Cheatham's game, but if we only have 1 more scholarship, Adams would be the best fit as a defender and shot-blocker.

16. Buffnik

I'm pretty sure Goose knew that. :smile2:

He thinks we're going to bring in another guy this year. I think so too. Based on the last time I talked to Goose about this, I think we're both unsure about that. Good arguments both ways. Do you take a go-ahead field goal off the board? The guy Tad found is really, really good.

17. SuperD

SuperD Club Member Club Member

You guys seem awfully confident in a guy who appears to be completely off the radar, my initial instinct is to bank the scholly unless we've made some ridiculous stealthy play for a pipe dream player like Wiggins. I don't think there is a single top 150 guy still in play outside of him since Freeman just flipped from UCLA to (eff) Baylor (they have got to be so dirty). Yeah I get that it seems selfish to only want to take top 150 level guys...but that is where we are. :thumbsup:

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  18. mattrob

This is really a case of trusting Tad and the staff. It also helps when the player has D1 talent, but for various reasons, didn't get the opportunity to showcase that talent as much. This seems to be a case where there are pretty legitimate reasons for the kid being under the radar.

Goose likes this.
  19. Goose

I think there's a difference between being confident about the player, and confident that we're using the scholarship on him. I firmly believe that Tad will sign one more member of the class of 2013 before the signing period ends next week. I am uncertain on if that is the right move, but Tad & Co. have more than done enough to make me trust them in their evaluations.

20. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

'14 AZ PF Andre Adams

Visiting USC unofficially tomorrow per Gershon

21. Medford M.

Apparently, he's looking at SDSU as well.

22. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Reported offers: Colorado, Arizona State, Boise State, New Mexico, Northern Arizona, Oregon State, UNLV, USC, Washington

In all seriousness, we should be able to out-recruit all these schools for a basketball player.

23. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Yes. The schools in that list that have the best chances to win their conference are in the Mountain West. The rest don't have the upside that we've shown the last three years and have been mediocre since these recruits started playing AAU ball.

24. Nor Cal Buff

Nor Cal Buff Well-Known Member

Huh? UW won the P12 regular season title just last year and Romar is an excellent recruiter.

25. Medford M.

Losing his credibility as a coach though.

26. Buffnik

Romar and UDub are at a crossroads. I think he'll be a victim of his own success if his new high-post offense doesn't pay immediate dividends. The trajectory isn't good since they've started pulling in more elite players.

27. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

247 has two predictions (one is AZ)to Arizona State. Twitter mentions OV's to USC, CS Northridge, and SDSU

28. mattrob

I wonder if we're still recruiting Adams as hard as we were. He hasn't had a strong AAU showing and his stock has been dropping. I haven't heard Will mention him for awhile either.

29. Goose

[tweet]472439436425166848[/tweet]

Wonder if he could be this year's Tory Miller.

30. Buffnik

Very interesting. Got the frame to put on a lot of good weight.

I also think he's taller than 6'8". Check out these 2 photos of him standing next to Michael Humphrey, the 6'10" PF who committed to Stanford:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Perspectives are a bit different in the 2 photos, but it looks to me like their shoulder height is the same.