What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 TX QB Steven Montez (Signed to COLORADO)

[tweet]589065710686449665[/tweet]
[tweet]587687787068948480[/tweet]

sorry the track stats didn't post.

High Jump District Champ: 6'-4"
Long Jump 3rd Place: 20'-7"
100m Finals today, qualifying time was 11.5 sec

Last edited:
The visitors found this page section is pretty funny. Lots of Workaholic fans stumbled on allbuffs.

I have a lot of faith that Lindgren is going to turn this kid into a great college QB. He seemingly has the tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope not. Highly, highly doubt he's ready, as much as I really like Montez

I want us to be like teams that have a nice solid progression at QB. Unless we get a kid who is a superstar I want us to be redshirting our QBs followed by a year on the depth chart before even considering them competing for starting jobs

We didn't have any choice with Sefo when Wood fell apart in the face of the rush and we had nobody else to play. I also believe that had Sefo had a year to develop and learn we might not be seeing him have some of the turnover problems.

If we are being real, there is no reason to waste a year of Montez's eligibility if he doesn't win the starting job from day 1. We have Apsay and Gehrke should something happen to Sefo. Think Montez is going to be a star for us, so if we can have his services for 5 years I think its a no brainer

If we are being real, there is no reason to waste a year of Montez's eligibility if he doesn't win the starting job from day 1. We have Apsay and Gehrke should something happen to Sefo. Think Montez is going to be a star for us, so if we can have his services for 5 years I think its a no brainer

I agree. Only 2 ways he doesn't redshirt: 1) he wins the job outright or 2) he's clearly the best we have after an injury and it's a long-term situation.

Ziskin was at practice today

[tweet]628988244886052864[/tweet]

[tweet]628994493442711552[/tweet]

This is a good position to be in. Let Montez learn the system. Let him get acquainted with the entirety of the playbook, then unleash him on an unsuspecting Pac 12.

This is a good position to be in. Let Montez learn the system. Let him get acquainted with the entirety of the playbook, then unleash him on an unsuspecting Pac 12.

assuming a high level of staff stability, Montez would be an expert by the time he would be expected to start. Would be the first time in a long time that we have had that level of QB succession available on our roster.

assuming a high level of staff stability, Montez would be an expert by the time he would be expected to start. Would be the first time in a long time that we have had that level of QB succession available on our roster.

Maybe. I don't think Sefo showed enough last year to believe that he is the definite starter for the rest of his career.

Maybe. I don't think Sefo showed enough last year to believe that he is the definite starter for the rest of his career.

Well considering Montez won't play this year due to redshirt, and Sefo will be a senior next year, Montez will need to be very very good to unseat a 4 year starter next season.

Well considering Montez won't play this year due to redshirt, and Sefo will be a senior next year, Montez will need to be very very good to unseat a 4 year starter next season.

Not if Sefo chokes away a bunch of games again this year.

Not if Sefo chokes away a bunch of games again this year.

Montez does not play this year unless Sefo goes down with a long term injury. You cannot waste a redshirt on a good prospect for only a portion of the season. Can't do it. Hawk did that with Hansen, and I can only imagine how much better off we would have been had Hansen been given the opportunity to develop his game properly and use his full 5 years of eligibility.

Sure Sefo had some mistakes last year, but he was also one of the more productive QB's at CU in a decade. By the way. Sefo DIDN'T have the advantage of a redshirt freshman year and he will not get the benefit of a full 5 years of eligibility. He got thrown into the fire halfway into the season and you can see how steep the learning curve has been. How about you give him a little patience instead of already writing off a kid who just completed his sophomore season.

Last edited:
Back