What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

15 years ago today.

I had to ask buff mom to pinch me after the first quarter I thought I was having a purple Micro dot flashback. it was an amazing game day atmosphere and we killed *ebraska football that day. Go Buffs 92g baby

That game will forever be the barometer for how loud Folsom is. I still remember looking at my dad and saying "it's 30 ****ing 5 to 3!"

My brother asked how last week's crowd was. I said it was loud, but nowhere near 2001 Nebraska loud.

Last edited:
That game will forever be the barometer for how loud Folsom is. I still remember loon at my dad and saying "it's 30 ****ing 5 to 3!"

My brother asked how last week's crowd was. I said it was loud, but nowhere near 2001 Nebraska loud.
yup. waves of sound washing over the crowd. Must have sung the fight song 100 times.

I'm mostly a lurker here but have to post on this thread as that is still the greatest day I've ever had as a sports fan. Grew up in Boulder and remembered the National championship and Bienemy's fourth quarter against the Fuskers, but I was only 7 and definitely wasn't old enough to appreciate it. But I still vividly remember 17-12 when we couldn't get in the end zone, the missed field goal that seemed to go right over the top of the upright, the Ochs two point conversion and ensuing awful squib kick. All of that made that amazing Friday that much sweeter. I watched with my parents at the old Lazy Dog off Iris and that place was a mad house. It felt like all the pain of 9 straight years was turned to pure joy in a matter of hours. The shreds of doubt at 42-30 was just enough to remind us of how awful the previous games had been and those final 20 points just tasted that much sweeter.

This really does feel similar this year, just the built up pain and anguish of being a buffs fan for 10 years since we had a winning season (similar to the 10 years since we beat the Fuskers) has made the wins this year have the same type of surreal sweetness. I think we all have probably had the same kind of pinch me moments at times this year that we had at 35-3. Go Buffs!

My buddy and I were doing volunteer donor parking lot duty (we worked that from 1998-2007) at the foot of Stadium Drive by the Frank Shorter statue until about 10-15 minutes after kickoff, as was required by the job. We could hear a lot of noise from the stadium, and the pessimist in me was thinking "oh no ... here we go again" since the last two NU games in Folsom, the fuskers had scored on their first play from scrimmage.

When we got into the stadium and looked at the scoreboard, which already said 14-0, I again assumed the worst and figured the nubs were already up two TDs on us ... and then I saw that wasn't the case at all! Before we even got to our seats, Daniel Graham took a pass from Pesavento and roared down the east sideline to the 1 yd line ... and then Bobby took it in on a QB sneak. 21-0! And it just got better and better from there.

My favorite experience as a CU fan was topped off in 2010, when I was watching the last time we played the nubs at the Blake Street Tavern with a whole bunch of Buffs fans ... we lost. :cry: But my disappointment was at least a bit ameliorated by the fact that I got to buy Bobby Pesavento a beer and thank him for giving me the best two weeks of my CU fandom! Pretty cool.

I was in Florida I believe. About to move back to Colorado. I graduated from CU in 1994.
Here is some perspective...

49November 3, 1990Lincoln#9 Colorado27–12
50November 2, 1991BoulderTie19–19
51October 31, 1992Lincoln#8 Nebraska52–7
52October 30, 1993Boulder#6 Nebraska21–17
53October 29, 1994Lincoln#2 Nebraska24–7
54October 28, 1995Boulder#2 Nebraska44–21
55November 29, 1996Lincoln#4 Nebraska17–12
56November 28, 1997Boulder#2 Nebraska27–24
57November 27, 1998Lincoln#14 Nebraska16–14
58November 26, 1999Boulder#3 Nebraska33–30OT
59November 24, 2000Lincoln#10 Nebraska34–32
60November 23, 2001Boulder#14 Colorado62–36
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

You'll note that the last 5 meetings prior to 2001 were decided by a difference of 15 points. So, 62-36 was a huge release for me because we were so close 5 times and because we hadnt won since 1990. The most painful of all those loses was my senior year, 1994.

My buddy and I were doing volunteer donor parking lot duty (we worked that from 1998-2007) at the foot of Stadium Drive by the Frank Shorter statue until about 10-15 minutes after kickoff, as was required by the job. We could hear a lot of noise from the stadium, and the pessimist in me was thinking "oh no ... here we go again" since the last two NU games in Folsom, the fuskers had scored on their first play from scrimmage.

When we got into the stadium and looked at the scoreboard, which already said 14-0, I again assumed the worst and figured the nubs were already up two TDs on us ... and then I saw that wasn't the case at all! Before we even got to our seats, Daniel Graham took a pass from Pesavento and roared down the east sideline to the 1 yd line ... and then Bobby took it in on a QB sneak. 21-0! And it just got better and better from there.

My favorite experience as a CU fan was topped off in 2010, when I was watching the last time we played the nubs at the Blake Street Tavern with a whole bunch of Buffs fans ... we lost. :cry: But my disappointment was at least a bit ameliorated by the fact that I got to buy Bobby Pesavento a beer and thank him for giving me the best two weeks of my CU fandom! Pretty cool.

We're you the guy that almost choked on a bay leaf and sitting at the bar?

Think it's the best game I've been to, at least in the last 25 years. Remember screaming out to the "offensive line", because they were masterful.

Was a freshman and will never forget that day. The Huskers made me cry on an annual basis between at least 1994 and 2000. The blowout and NU's ranking made revenge about as sweet as it can get. Still have a piece of the south end zone turf somewhere.

I was in Florida I believe. About to move back to Colorado. I graduated from CU in 1994.
Here is some perspective...

49November 3, 1990Lincoln#9 Colorado27–12
50November 2, 1991BoulderTie19–19
51October 31, 1992Lincoln#8 Nebraska52–7
52October 30, 1993Boulder#6 Nebraska21–17
53October 29, 1994Lincoln#2 Nebraska24–7
54October 28, 1995Boulder#2 Nebraska44–21
55November 29, 1996Lincoln#4 Nebraska17–12
56November 28, 1997Boulder#2 Nebraska27–24
57November 27, 1998Lincoln#14 Nebraska16–14
58November 26, 1999Boulder#3 Nebraska33–30OT
59November 24, 2000Lincoln#10 Nebraska34–32
60November 23, 2001Boulder#14 Colorado62–36
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
You'll note that the last 5 meetings prior to 2001 were decided by a difference of 15 points. So, 62-36 was a huge release for me because we were so close 5 times and because we hadnt won since 1990. The most painful of all those loses was my senior year, 1994.
That 19 -19 game was the coldest football game I have ever attended.

That game was special and won me quite a bit of money from co-workers. They thought I was crazy, probably right lol, then they didn't wanna pay. Umm no, I got the money owed. We had been close to beating them for years, eventually we were gonna go nuts. That game had that feeling.

After a day of tailgating my wife turned into the ****ty CU fan that every Nub complained about. Every TD in the first quarter she would hit the Nub fan in front of us with her pom pom. They left before halftime (y)

Outstanding. Ylonda knocked them on the head with a mic. Yours knocked them on the head with a Pom. Close enough. Yippee ki yay mother****aa!

My future ex-wife wanted to skip the game and watch it on TV. I should have known.

That is just dodgy. Gotta pay attention to the signs.

Back