What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 CO OLB Carlo Kemp (Signed to Michigan)

No chance of Kemp ever stepping on the field for CU. Should have brought in Martin (and maybe even Hill) this year to help solidify the FHS pipeline. Aint gonna happen.

I would love to see Kemp play for CU, but I'm not sure basically using 3 scholarships to get one player is a good idea.

No chance of Kemp ever stepping on the field for CU. Should have brought in Martin (and maybe even Hill) this year to help solidify the FHS pipeline. Aint gonna happen.

A "Fairview pipeline"?

Oh my head. Now I've heard it all. Why the Hell do we need a pipeline to Fairview? It's in Boulder for Christ's sake. It's coached by Tom McCartney. If there was ever a school that had a built in special relationship with CU, it should be Fairview.

A "Fairview pipeline"?

Oh my head. Now I've heard it all. Why the Hell do we need a pipeline to Fairview? It's in Boulder for Christ's sake. It's coached by Tom McCartney. If there was ever a school that had a built in special relationship with CU, it should be Fairview.

This. Also, off the top of my head, O'Niell (sp?) currently on the team. Where's UBL?

A "Fairview pipeline"?

Yeah, this. Plus I don't think Carlo cares about the pipeline. He's been tied to Boulder his entire life with that family legacy and has an opportunity to choose pretty much any corner of the country to see something different for his college years. And go to a program that wins. This is about Coach Mac building and maintaining a relationship and showing promise this fall and maybe the next to change his mind.

It isn't about two players who are now in the MAC and Ivy League (with other FCS offers). We gladly would have taken Martin and Hill as PWO but scholarships are limited. Anyone who has followed the team since the coaching change knows that.

The big Fairview mistake was the way Hawkins fumbled the Kenny Bell recruitment (or lack thereof).

I know a little bit about this situation and we could have put the entire Student Body of Fairview HS on scholarship, and there would be no impact. A good kid and he deserves our respect, but to suggest that if we would have recruited Sam or their QB to get Kemp is laughable.

I know a little bit about this situation and we could have put the entire Student Body of Fairview HS on scholarship, and there would be no impact. A good kid and he deserves our respect, but to suggest that if we would have recruited Sam or their QB to get Kemp is laughable.

Exactly. One of the most respectful young men I have met.

I think UCLA is going to be the team to beat for his signature. Mora is a close family friend to the Pagano family.

No chance Kemp will ever wear a Buffs uniform.

You may be very well right but you have two total post on this board with basically the same declaration and no backing information or support.

Sounds like somebody with an agenda to push to me.

By the way I remember (not going back to look up the post, not worth my time) somebody basically saying exactly the same thing in about the same words about Nick Kasa.

We all know how that turned out.

That's cute. I hope you're no older than 4. And the helmet goes on the other way.

It used to be I'd say "Fairview sucks", and folks on this board would tell me to pipe down. Now, you're doing all the heavy lifting for me. Thanks.

I remember coaching this kid at Fairview basketball camp when he was in 5th grade, crazy. Also remember Hoskins as well, time flies!

Yeah, this is a regular Mensa group here. You're right, I clearly can't keep up.

Some folks are being dicks.

But the point, which I think is valid, is... you had made 2 posts that were simple, declarative statements that Kemp wasn't coming here.

That's unusual, to say the least. Folks have no idea whether you know Kemp, are Kemp, or are just trolling the board.

Most of us look at it like this:

- Kemp's going to have a ton of options for where he plays his college football.
- CU is not as good of a team as many of those options, so that makes recruiting Kemp a challenge.
- Kemp has lived in Boulder his whole life. If he wants to stay home, CU gains an advantage. But what we've heard is that he wants to experience a different place, which really would make this an uphill recruiting battle for CU.

Given all that, people here aren't confident at all that CU will sign Kemp. What we do believe is that a guy this talented in your back yard needs to be heavily recruited and for CU to build a strong relationship. It's almost a year and a half until LOI Day and a lot can happen in that time. CU's on-field performance, Kemp having a serious girlfriend who is going to CU, a basic change of heart/mind since a teenager's worldview often changes a lot in 17 months, etc., etc. There's every reason to stay positive and keep fighting. We expect our coaches to do just that.

I'll reiterate: The idea that we should need some kind of "pipeline" to Fairview is absurd. Did I mention that the coach there is Tom McCartney? The son of Bill McCartney? Holy Jesus, what more "pipeline" do we need? This is ludicrous.

Can you imagine a high school in Lincoln that was coached by Tom Osborne Jr? Think about that for a second. You think that the fuskers would need a "pipeline" to that school? :rolling_eyes:

This entire conversation is insane and pushed by somebody with an agenda. What that agenda is, who knows.

Last edited:
Had a chance to see Kemp play today. He's a beast. We absolutely need this kid. I don't care what we have to do to get him. He's a difference maker. As a High School junior, he's already physically ready for the next level. Big. Strong. Fast. I don't want to hear this junk about there being no way he will ever come here. He needs to be a priority. Get it done.

Had a chance to see Kemp play today. He's a beast. We absolutely need this kid. I don't care what we have to do to get him. He's a difference maker. As a High School junior, he's already physically ready for the next level. Big. Strong. Fast. I don't want to hear this junk about there being no way he will ever come here. He needs to be a priority. Get it done.

Very, very unlikely he comes here. Just reality. The coaching staff has made him a priority and it likely won't matter.

Very, very unlikely he comes here. Just reality. The coaching staff has made him a priority and it likely won't matter.

I refuse to believe this. There's no reason why CU can't make a solid and convincing case for him to stay in Boulder. This is the kind of player you build programs around. Dominant.

Ive seen a lot of high school kids play a lot of football. He is at the top of the list. Extremely impressive. He plays a lot with his hand on the ground on defense. Wouldn't shock me to see him at DE. He even lined up at nose tackle today. Just about decapitated the RB just as the handoff was made. Pure miracle the kid held on to the ball.

Did I read here that he has a serious GF that lives in Boulder and plans to go to CU? Is it an NCAA violation to also recruit her by offering a full-ride to join the cheerleading squad or something? :nod:

Back