What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 NV DT Greg Rogers (Verbal to UCLA)

Rogers was very silent and somewhat cryptic on twitter during and after the game last night. I'm not sure if I'm reading too much into this, but I basically think he has come down to a final 2. I believe it's between UCLA and USC.

I don't really think it matters, Rogers seems like the guy who will still be up for a flip until signing day. Very worried about USC though.

I might pretty sure UCLA is gonna add him to Jaelan Phillips. Rogers tweet of being a dynamic combo of D lineman makes a lot of sense. I hope UCLA's disfunction potentially makes him change his mind. Those two are potent and likely potential future 1st round picks.

I might pretty sure UCLA is gonna add him to Jaelan Phillips. Rogers tweet of being a dynamic combo of D lineman makes a lot of sense. I hope UCLA's disfunction potentially makes him change his mind. Those two are potent and likely potential future 1st round picks.
Not sure I would use the word "likely" there

Maybe he knows Noah Elliss is a quite commit to CU? o_O

Rogers and Ellis will form a great duo at CU. Will start early. We also have a great DL coach, former Cowboy. Great chance to go to the NFL if he comes to CU. Won't start early at USC or UCLA. Josh Topou is going to get drafted. He should keep that in mind.

I think the notion that neither UCLA nor USC can offer early playing time to Rogers is quite faulty.
I agree he would get playing time at almost any school, but he be a star here. We have a void at DT he could fill immediately. Plus it's not like years back when there were voids all over the team. We have a lot of experience coming back at most other positions and a staff that can make the most of it.
Be a Buff Mr. Rodgers.

Don't think him following a UCLA edits guy is a coincidence along with UCLA commit Jaelan Phillips being who he's obviously referencing. Should probably try the early playing time/be a star/big fish small pond tactics in the Damion Daniels thread, I'm sure it'll work next time.

Don't think him following a UCLA edits guy is a coincidence along with UCLA commit Jaelan Phillips being who he's obviously referencing. Should probably try the early playing time/be a star/big fish small pond tactics in the Damion Daniels thread, I'm sure it'll work next time.

Kid's like a junior Duff in training.

After watching UCLA's act, I'm not sure why a kid would want to play for Mora. But I'm sure he can put on the charm. And of course our perception is a lot different than an 18 year old HS kid.

After watching UCLA's act, I'm not sure why a kid would want to play for Mora. But I'm sure he can put on the charm. And of course our perception is a lot different than an 18 year old HS kid.
Have to remember these are kids... I know I would make a few different choices today.

So was 8-2 after 10 games
8-2 was more than a typical long shot. It was more like this.....

176756.gif

It was always going to be tough with Rogers. The Southern California teams(USC and UCLA ) were generally considered the favorites for him, pre OVs. After his visit to CU it looked like we were in the drivers seat. He must have changed his mind, because the most likely destination it seems is UCLA. I think they probably sold him on playing on a D line next to a 5 Star recruit in Phillips.

It was always going to be tough with Rogers. The Southern California teams(USC and UCLA ) were generally considered the favorites for him, pre OVs. After his visit to CU it looked like we were in the drivers seat. He must have changed his mind, because the most likely destination it seems is UCLA. I think they probably sold him on playing on a D line next to a 5 Star recruit in Phillips.

That sucks but best of luck to him until he plays CU.

Well. If you can't actually play in the Rose Bowl, the next best thing is playing in the rose bowl stadium for your home games.

UCLA? Such a bad decision!
One, we won't know where he's going until he announces. Two, it's bad form to say a kid is making a bad choice because he chooses to go someplace else. I think Boulder is the greatest college town in America, but let's not act like you can't make some great arguments for UCLA if you're a Bruins coach. Wish any recruit who goes elsewhere good luck and leave it at that.

Back