What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#18 CU WBB v CSU, Thursday 7 pm

MarkW

Big game? Yes. CU lost last season in Ft. Collins (63-64) to a CSU team that made the NCAA tourney. It was a horrible season on the court for the Buffs. CU has defeated Northern Colorado and Air force this season a win over CSU and they are back on top of the heap in-state. It also means they are likely to go into conference play 11-0.

CSU is 5-3 this season. All three losses were on the road to quality opposition, Washington, Nebraska and Oklahoma.

Certainly CU will work hard to get the tempo in their favor which means trapping the ball in the half-court and creating a lot of turnovers. Keep the pace high and get a lot layups in transition will be one of the keys to winning.

Remember, this game is a "black out." It should be a dandy.

Wonder if we should start a thread to bet whether the Men's game against Xavier tonight or the women's game against CSU tomorrow night has more people in attendance.....

No, we do not. I think that went out in the 90s, but I've seen a couple pubs use it this year (from the school even - someone running social media missed that memo)

That went away in about the 1992-93 season or the 93-94 season never to be heard again. I did see it on the Buffs Twitter one game and many people pointed out the team is not the Lady Buffs.

Nebraska is not a quality opponent, imo. They are 3-6 and appear to be having growing pains adjusting to the coaching change.

I do know this is a rivalry game and anything goes in rivalries. I really hope the Buffs can pull this game out.

I also hope the video live stream has audio. I've been told the issue has been resolved.

Won't find out about the live stream tomorrow as I get to actually watch the game on television. Much better than on a computer screen.

43-36 at the half.
CU's defense is poor - too many points by CSU at the rim. 61% from the floor.
Kennedy has been fantastic with 19 point including an NBA trey.

Leonard is amazing.

Great start by JR Payne but Lappe had a similar early impact

43-36 at the half.
CU's defense is poor - too many points by CSU at the rim. 61% from the floor.
Kennedy has been fantastic with 19 point including an NBA trey.

Ended up at 42% and 14% from 3's. Perimeter D will be better than interior obviously. Hopefully they can develop Jones.

Good game for the Buffs. Anyone else wondering why CU didn't recruit Callie Kaiser?? I mean 17 points on 7 for 8 shooting.

Kennedy was huge, obviously. Also good adjustment after the first to try to reduce dribble pen by the rams. Love Ellis on D, harassing. And Freeman with some nice aggressive drives when the O got stalled a couple times

Good game for the Buffs. Anyone else wondering why CU didn't recruit Callie Kaiser?? I mean 17 points on 7 for 8 shooting.

Not really. She had the game of her life. She is like the 3rd or 4th person off the bench at best for CSU. Doesn't seem like a miss at all. Unranked prospect as well. We need them to recruit players that other good programs recruit.

Callie Kaiser is a sophomore. Our sophomore class is Kennedy Leonard, Alexis Robinson, Ariana Freeman(Tr), Mackenzie Ellis.. Also in that recruiting class was RFr Monica Burich. I don't see any spot in that class where Callie Kaiser would have been an improvement. That class is the best the Buffs have recruited in years.

Back