What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2009 RMS to be played in Boulder

I can just hear Clough now "The CU administration has proven it's just as classless at its fan base" or some such nonsense.

Okay, I wasnt a huge fan before I became a student in 04. Was there the same backlash when the game was played in Folsom after being played in Invesco before for a few years?

heard a few rammies talk about how Hughes will be rockin in 2010 and we won't know what to do.....bout spit my beer out laughing....:lol:...did they forget we play in stadiums that 1. Sell Out, 2. Are Loud as Hell & 3. Hold 2-3 times as many screaming fans as Hughes....not to mention that there will be a lot of Gold in FOCO in 2010!!!!

heard a few rammies talk about how Hughes will be rockin in 2010 and we won't know what to do.....bout spit my beer out laughing....:lol:...did they forget we play in stadiums that 1. Sell Out, 2. Are Loud as Hell & 3. Hold 2-3 times as many screaming fans as Hughes....not to mention that there will be a lot of Gold in FOCO in 2010!!!!

hell NO they did not think about that!!! are you crazee??? they are so busy justifying how many stadiums they play in that hold 50k that they forgot that the buffs play hostile larger crowds as if it ain't no thang.

We'll see. I know they want to have it at home, I just don't think they'll be able to afford to skip the payday.

It seems like they at the very least think they can skip the payday
Statement from Paul Kowalczyk

CSU AD responds to announcement by CU to play 2009 football game in Boulder

CU will play CSU at Hughes Stadium in 2010

Aug. 29, 2008

"We are disappointed by CU's decision as we believe the series ultimately belongs in Denver. However, in light of CU's decision to play the 2009 game in Boulder, we believe we owe it to Colorado State University, our alumni, fans, students and the City of Fort Collins to bring the 2010 game back to Hughes Stadium. We look forward to working with CU to ensure the continuation of the series beyond 2010."

Last edited:
Want to bet that csu ends up only selling tickets to the CU game in 2010 as some sort of package.....

1) you want a CU ticket you must buy Nevada and SDSU tickets too...

or

2) they will force people to buy season tickets

wouldn't surprise me one bit-

Last edited:
Want to bet that csu ends up only selling tickets to the CU game in 2009 as some sort of package.....

or

yeah...except if they do that, they're going to find out that their fans won't be willing to spend any extra money to have to watch their crap ass team play more than once...so they'll have trouble even selling he CU game out then

Want to bet that csu ends up only selling tickets to the CU game in 2009 as some sort of package.....

or

they could try. but any savvy fan would pass. they don't have rights to sell tix till 2010.

It seems like they at the very least think they can skip the payday

I stand corrected. They really will cut off their nose to spite their face. Who knew?

After they pay CU $650k and pay all their event staff and gameday expenses, is there anything left for them? LMAO

Want to bet that csu ends up only selling tickets to the CU game in 2010 as some sort of package.....

or

If they do that, the series is over. Put a nail in the coffin because CU will do the same to them on Folsom games and the series will go away.

It'll be great to see a stadium half full of these morons up at Ft fun.

:lol: :lol:

Attachments

• smackdown_csu.jpg
    smackdown_csu.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 53
If they do that, the series is over. Put a nail in the coffin because CU will do the same to them on Folsom games and the series will go away.

we were just discussing this. estimating 29k paying fans (10k is students and their all time high attendance was 39k), and factoring an average gameday ticket at $35 (some are less, some are more), they will net 875k on average joe type tix. do they have luxury boxes that net mad cash?

i know that cu's sold out game day outlook is far different. our luxury suites (full) bring in hella green. our increased crowd size and ticket mean that even with a payout of 650k, this move makes SENSE.

ram fans claimed our calculators are broken. i would like to hear their take about how exactly so.

we were just discussing this. estimating 29k paying fans (10k is students and their all time high attendance was 39k), and factoring an average gameday ticket at $35 (some are less, some are more), they will net 875k on average joe type tix. do they have luxury boxes that net mad cash?

i know that cu's sold out game day outlook is far different. our luxury suites (full) bring in hella green. our increased crowd size and ticket mean that even with a payout of 650k, this move makes SENSE.

ram fans claimed our calculators are broken. i would like to hear their take about how exactly so.

aren't the CSU student tickets free to all students on a first come first serve basis as well???

It'll be great to see a stadium half full of these morons up at Ft fun.

:lol: :lol:

their move assured that the csu game in 2010 is on my calendar to fly in for. a significant chunk of the ticket will go to cu, anyway. and i would be so glad to be a part of a buff crowd that dwindles theirs on what may be the last game of the series for some time.

if they three pack the ticket, i can unload the extra games on ebay, or give them to unruly friends who would dress in visitor colors and heckle the locals for two games for the sheer sport of it.

CSU has 34k seats, no luxury suites. At $650k, they would have to pay $19 of every seat directly to CU before they can even deduct gameday expenses. There will be little left for them at the end of the day. But at least they'll have their dignity. LMAO.

I hope we never play another game in Invesco after Sunday even if it means we have to go to goat country every other year.

if they three pack the ticket, i can unload the extra games on ebay, or give them to unruly friends who would dress in visitor colors and heckle the locals for two games for the sheer sport of it.

If they three-pack the tickets, CU will do it right back to them. And our tickets are more expensive. :smile2:

There seems to be now way for CSU to earn any money playing the game at home.

Should be fun parking in their dirt-field parking lot :lol:

***Edit***
Whoa there grammar

CSU has 34k seats, no luxury suites. At $650k, they would have to pay $19 of every seat directly to CU before they can even deduct gameday expenses. There will be little left for them at the end of the day. But at least they'll have their dignity. LMAO.

I hope we never play another game in Invesco after Sunday even if it means we have to go to goat country every other year.

its worse. 10k seats go to students for free. that makes the burden $27 per ticket.

their people are used to paying about $30 for their top dollar opponents. the rms is by far their worst of the year - because they have to pay rent. i can see ram fans ditching the ticket price.

If they three-pack the tickets, CU will do it right back to them. And our tickets are more expensive. :smile2:

i hope they three pack them. i know some GREAT hecklers with time on their hands. they would go to ft fun for a twelve pack. :lol:

When does the search committee meet for a new CSU AD?

Back