What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 CU MBB SOS Watch (OOC & Pac-12 Opponents)

they (cyclones) are better than you think. They will probably beat the squaks in ames this year. Their PG is like 6'5 215 and a monster.

they (cyclones) are better than you think. They will probably beat the squaks in ames this year. Their PG is like 6'5 215 and a monster.

This. ISU is a damn good team. I had them slightly behind Baylor in the preseason (and those two a good gap behind OSU & KU) but Baylor and ISU are clearly proving that there's a four headed monster in the B12.

With the Cy-clowns ranked unfathomably high, this doesn't hurt the Buffs very much.

Why ARE the Clowns so highly ranked? Undefeated, yes, but not much of an OCC sked; even though their RPI was good. What's missing here?.
You don't watch much basketball do you?

With the Cy-clowns ranked unfathomably high, this doesn't hurt the Buffs very much.

Why ARE the Clowns so highly ranked? Undefeated, yes, but not much of an OCC sked; even though their RPI was good. What's missing here?.
Very good offense and a pretty good defense. Baylor, BYU, Michigan, Iowa, and Boise State are all solid teams that they've played.

Interesting article on the rise of Harvard's BB program.

Although the overall quality of the article is diminished by this:

Saunders, who is averaging a team-high 15.7 points per game, had offers from Pac-12 schools USC and Stanford. But Harvard possessed an appeal that the others couldn't match. The world-class academics.

Stanford can't match Harvard's "world class academics?" Really? :rolling_eyes:

Exactly. Not like ISU has come out of nowhere either. That program has been on a clear upward trajectory since Hoiberg took over.

The late Johnny Orr launched that program into national prominence in the 1980's. So it's not like they don't have some cred as a national program.

What I find interesting (and amazing) was the astounding salary that ISU hired Orr away from Michigan with (the highest for a college BBall coach at the time (1980). An incredible $45,000. :wow:

That wouldn't come close to paying Coach K's income tax on his salary.

Last edited:
The late Johnny Orr launched that program into national prominence in the 1980's. So it's not like they don't have some cred as a national program.

What I find interesting (and amazing) was the astounding salary that ISU hired Orr away from Michigan with (the highest for a college BBall coach at the time (1980). An incredible $45,000. :wow:

That wouldn't come close to paying Coach K's income tax on his salary.
Really amazing how 35 years, college basketball coaches weren't exactly superstars. Not in that article, but when he died I was reading elsewhere that Dick Vermeil was making $34k at UCLA, while Wooden was making $35k at the same time.

This game is a great lesson in talent. It's incredibly obvious that we have so much more than the Cougs. We've played like complete ass and are somehow winning.

Georgia is now a Top 200 RPI after getting that Mizzou win.

Georgia looked to me against CU to be a much more talented and athletic team then their record indicated. While I'm somewhat surprised they beat MU in Columbia, I'm not shocked. Given the OOC schedule they played and the experience that gained, I'll bet they make some waves in the SEC.

No more Wednesday night games. This Utah-Washington affair is also a snoozefest. Utah leads 27-26 with 16 mins left.

Utah losing 45 to 48 with 6 minutes left...
and its all but over. Utah has failed to make a single 3 pointer in the game and UW is up 7 with 1:20 left.

Makes me feel better about the Buffs' shooting woes :lol:

Last edited:
Utah losing 45 to 48 with 6 minutes left...
and its all but over. Utah has failed to make a single 3 pointer in the game and UW is up 7 with 1:20 left.

Makes me feel better about the Buffs' shooting woes :lol:

For some sadistic reason I stayed up to watch it. Utah had a shot to tie or win at the end but idk what the **** that last play was.

Washington beats Utah 59-57 with a quirky exchange at the end:

With 12 seconds to go, Washington misses the front end of a one and one and manages to get the rebound. Then turn it over with 10 seconds to go. Utah then misses a 3 at the buzzer, which should have been a good look given the time left.

Someone said we will benefit by teams having to work against Utah as our travel partner. I agree.

Utah much improved but they need to work on their end of game plays...I am not looking forward to playing them this season at all...

Dear Utah. In the future, please schedule a little harder than St. Matthew's school for the blind for your entire non-conference.

Love, the rest of the Pac 12.

Dear Utah. In the future, please schedule a little harder than St. Matthew's school for the blind for your entire non-conference.

Love, the rest of the Pac 12.

They will. But this year, they needed St. Matthew's. That team has gotten the **** kicked out of them for years. They needed some confidence building.

Back