What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 CU MBB SOS Watch (OOC & Pac-12 Opponents)

That UCSB game looks like it's over. They were up early and then stopped playing any defense. Very strange and unexpected performance.

Hard to fathom how a small conference squad can seemingly give up like that seeing as this is their one shot to try to Dance. Poly is bad, if UCSB can start raining 3's they can get back in it, but not if they don't start playing defense. Very disappointing.

So many threads going on right now ... but since we played both teams, putting it here ... KU and OSU going to OT. Helluva game.

So many threads going on right now ... but since we played both teams ... KU and OSU going to OT. Helluva game.

I know it's not cool for conferences to just have 8 teams anymore but imagine the original Big 8 as a conference playing basketball this year.

KU survives in OT ... got away with a non-foul call late under the boards that was ALMOST as flagrant as the one yesterday when Josh was taken down.

Wyoming falls to UNLV by 4. Disappointing end to what was a solid season before Nance's acl tear.

Washington is officially a bad loss now, too. Huskies have fallen to 102.

Wyoming falls to UNLV by 4. Disappointing end to what was a solid season before Nance's acl tear.

Washington is officially a bad loss now, too. Huskies have fallen to 102.

Funny how that works when there are those arbitrary cutoff numbers.

What's killing CU's RPI right now is that everyone from our OOC is completely tanking in the conference tournaments. SOS was at 11 about a week ago and its down to 26 right now.

We really need the Big 12 Final to be KU vs Baylor and for Georgia to go deep in the SEC.

I don't have a link but VT has been in discussions with MD. We still have the joint vet school with them and 98% of our alumni are in the DC area, so it makes sense.

I have mixed feelings. You're right that the ACC/B1G challenge will undoubtedly make that a match up sooner rather than later. Aside from that, though, it's been made pretty clear ACC schools want nothing to do with Maryland and won't willingly schedule them for a long time. As I've said, I think Maryland is making a poor choice, but I personally don't harbor any resentment to the point I wouldn't want to see a UVA/UMD bball or football series. However, others, like Coach K feel quite strongly about never playing UMD again.

I don't have a link but VT has been in discussions with MD. We still have the joint vet school with them and 98% of our alumni are in the DC area, so it makes sense.

1. Fill the arena? check
2. Great DC tv time slot? check
3. Piss off UVA? check

Of course VA Tech is doing this.

1. Fill the arena? check
2. Great DC tv time slot? check
3. Piss off UVA? check

Of course VA Tech is doing this.

VT is also an ACC noob so it's a bit different for them (although UVA is the reason VT is even in the ACC). I guess maybe VT and Maryland have formed a secondary rivalry over the last decade, but Blacksburg is over 5 hours from College Park and so much closer to Tobacco Road. Beamer recruits NOVA hard, but I'm not sure they really need to play Maryland to get coverage up there. They already do because everyone who graduates from VT except hokiehead lives there.

Not sure how much of a factor this would be but VT has scheduled quite a few home-and-home series with Big 10 teams over the next decade - Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Purdue. and Wiscy.

what he said.:stupid: including UVA getting us into the conference.

oh, and there's one other VT dude at my job here, but I'm not sure he is aware the Hokies field football or basketball teams.

VT is also an ACC noob so it's a bit different for them (although UVA is the reason VT is even in the ACC). I guess maybe VT and Maryland have formed a secondary rivalry over the last decade, but Blacksburg is over 5 hours from College Park and so much closer to Tobacco Road. Beamer recruits NOVA hard, but I'm not sure they really need to play Maryland to get coverage up there. They already do because everyone who graduates from VT except hokiehead lives there.

Not sure how much of a factor this would be but VT has scheduled quite a few home-and-home series with Big 10 teams over the next decade - Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Purdue. and Wiscy.

OSU and Wisconsin have been on the schedule for awhile (Wisconsin has pushed back the dates twice now). Purdue, PSU and Michigan are in direct response to the new SOS criteria for making the football playoffs. <sarcasm>That, and VT hopes to get offered AAU membership if we keep scheduling them in football.</sarcasm>

Baylor getting ready to beat Oklahoma. Good deal, but still, **** Bailor.

That should help our SOS a lot. Improves the record of our opponents, but really bumps the opponents of opponents part. We could be back in the high 20s RPI by the end of the night. (Nothing but good things happen for us with UCLA playing Oregon. And an ASU win over Furd that kept Furd in the Top 50 would be ****ing sweet.)

Would like to see West Virginia beat Texas.

That should help our SOS a lot. Improves the record of our opponents, but really bumps the opponents of opponents part. We could be back in the high 20s RPI by the end of the night. (Nothing but good things happen for us with UCLA playing Oregon. And an ASU win over Furd that kept Furd in the Top 50 would be ****ing sweet.)

Would like to see West Virginia beat Texas.

Baylor just jumped us in the RPI

Baylor just jumped us in the RPI

Doesn't worry me. We've got some nice stuff coming into our SOS still tonight.

But someone on the Committee is going to have the brilliant idea of CU and Baylor playing in an 8/9 game.

Definitely more advantageous for VT than MD in this regard, you guys recruit DC/Baltimore, without an ACC footprint now, I don't see the Terps going into your neck of the woods as frequently. Plus unlike UVA, there isn't much of a history.

I didn't know that about joint vet school.

Side note, I'd like to make it to Lane one of these days.

There's no rivalry besides when they were heckling Vasquez. I already noted that MD would have little to gain by coming into Blacksburg.

Those schools can atleast use that to get into a different market so to speak, MD isn't too far away to begin. VT if you recall has played home games at FedEx, so they want a bigger presence in the immediate DC area. If VT is going to play a home game at FedEx every now/then, which is in the same county as College Park, it's not as necessary besides giving the Terps a good gate. For the Terps, it's a game that they won't likely win in Blacksburg (even if they won this year).

what he said.:stupid: including UVA getting us into the conference.

oh, and there's one other VT dude at my job here, but I'm not sure he is aware the Hokies field football or basketball teams.

OSU and Wisconsin have been on the schedule for awhile (Wisconsin has pushed back the dates twice now). Purdue, PSU and Michigan are in direct response to the new SOS criteria for making the football playoffs. <sarcasm>That, and VT hopes to get offered AAU membership if we keep scheduling them in football.</sarcasm>
I hate that when I meet people and make small talk. They go to some big school and I try to talk sports with them and they have absolutely no interest.

I hate that when I meet people and make small talk. They go to some big school and I try to talk sports with them and they have absolutely no interest.

Man, try working with a ton of Depaul and Illinois State grads. They're just disinterested in sports in general. The Illinois grads are generally disinterested in their sports teams, too.

Man, try working with a ton of Depaul and Illinois State grads. They're just disinterested in sports in general. The Illinois grads are generally disinterested in their sports teams, too.
Was thinking more in the lines of Michigan, UCLA, UF. It's the easiest thing to say something like "Great year" and they'll retort, "Yeah but I'm not into sports."

Xavier losing to Marquette late in the first half. They are #49 in RPI and could drop out of the top 50 and move Harvard in. #46 K State also lost, but to Iowa State, so they won't drop. They may even move up.

LMFAO @ Iowa.

Last edited:
I'm with you. But actually, what I hate even more, is if I see someone wearing branded apparel for a sports team, talk to them and they're not a fan at all. My top memory was this guy wearing a new, really nice Cincy Bengals jersey, I tried to talk football with him and he told me that he wasn't a football fan. He bought the jersey because he liked the colors. s/h

Last edited:
There's a lot going on today that will adjust CU's RPI & SOS:

Colorado vs Arizona. Pac-12 Semi-Finals. 7pm, PACN.

Pittsburgh vs North Carolina. Not RPI, seeding. We want Pitt to lose. 12pm, ESPN2.
Ohio State vs Nebraska. Buffs could theoretically still pass OSU in RPI if they lose. 12pm, ESPN.
Dayton vs St. Joseph's. Dayton's lurking right behind us, so root for St. Joe's. 12:30pm, NBCSN.
Southern Miss vs LA Tech. USM is a couple spots ahead of us in RPI. Need them to lose. 4:30pm, CBSSN.
Kansas vs Iowa State. KU can do us a favor by winning this tournament. 5pm, ESPNU.
Kentucky vs LSU. Buffs could theoretically still pass UK in RPI if they lose. 5pm, ESPN3.
Arkansas State vs AR Little Rock. We need Arkie Lite to win the Sun Belt. 5pm, ESPN3.
UConn vs Cincinnati. We're close to passing UConn - need them to lose. 7pm, ESPN2.
Michigan State vs Northwestern. Buffs could theoretically still pass MSU in RPI if they lose. 7pm, BTN.
George Washington vs UMass. GW is 1 spot ahead of the Buffs. Go UMass! 7pm, NBCSN.
Baylor vs Texas. UT only a couple spots ahead of us - Baylor win would be huge. 7pm, ESPNU.
Toledo vs E Michigan. Toledo lurking a couple spots behind us, so we want EMU. 7pm, ESPN3.
Georgia vs Ole Miss. Go Dawgs!!! 7:25pm, ESPN3.
UCLA vs Stanford. Furd's going to stay Top 50 now. Played UCLA twice. Go Bruins! 9:30pm, FS1.

Back