What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014-15 Colorado Basketball Roster & Schedule

I think Fletch is a guy who would have shown more offensively had he not been hurt for a majority of conference play. We know what he can do defensively, but I've got a good feeling he will impress on the offensive side of the ball this year.

I also look for J Hop to make big strides this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By "concerned", I mean that I don't think they'll live up to the expectations we have for them. I think many of us expect this to be a team that finishes the year ranked in the top 25 and pulls a 4-6 seed in the NCAA tournament. A team like that finds a way to win three of those first five conference games. I'm not concerned about their ability to make the tournament (that sounds so strange for a CU team, even now), but I will be concerned about their ability to live up to my expectations going into the year. Perhaps my expectations are too high, but I have a lot of faith in Tad, and I expect big things from Thomas, Hopkins and Fletcher in year 2.

I'm not sure why anyone would have this as an expectation. I hope or a wish, I get.

I'm not sure why anyone would have this as an expectation. I hope or a wish, I get.

With the team we have coming back and the additions of Dom and Miller, plus another year in the system, I think it's a reasonable expectation. It's right where we were last year when Spencer went down.

With the team we have coming back and the additions of Dom and Miller, plus another year in the system, I think it's a reasonable expectation. It's right where we were last year when Spencer went down.

We obviously saw that Spencer was the biggest factor in our ranking and record, unless someone steps up big time, the expectation is not reasonable.

We obviously saw that Spencer was the biggest factor in our ranking and record, unless someone steps up big time, the expectation is not reasonable.
And Roberson was the big factor the year before that. And Burks before that. We will have to replace key guys every year.

Sometimes I feel like we have been so beaten down by the overall failures of our athletic programs, that we refuse to have high expectations even when they are actually reasonable.

And Roberson was the big factor the year before that. And Burks before that. We will have to replace key guys every year.

Sometimes I feel like we have been so beaten down by the overall failures of our athletic programs, that we refuse to have high expectations even when they are actually reasonable.

I think most of us had higher expectations for last year than we did two years ago. I understand we have to replace guys every year but i think you are understating how important Spencer was to our offense.

Overall failures isn't accurate. Football is the issue and I think it holds back our ability to recognize and celebrate the tremendous success in the rest of the AD.

Overall failures isn't accurate. Football is the issue and I think it holds back our ability to recognize and celebrate the tremendous success in the rest of the AD.
Correct. Football is what I was thinking about when I wrote that. That, and pre-Tad basketball.

With the team we have coming back and the additions of Dom and Miller, plus another year in the system, I think it's a reasonable expectation. It's right where we were last year when we had Spencer.

FIFY

I am not going to lower my expectations because Spencer is no longer on the team. Unless you think Tad is a moron, you have to admit that he's managed to win even when his roster turns over. He's had a lot of time to work with the guys who will be playing this year. I see no reason to expect them to fall. This is going to be a great year for CU basketball.

Live it. Love it. Start to be the asshole fans we all were at one time. Only this time it's for out basketball team. We're gonna kick everybody's ass! :woot:

I am not going to lower my expectations because Spencer is no longer on the team. Unless you think Tad is a moron, you have to admit that he's managed to win even when his roster turns over. He's had a lot of time to work with the guys who will be playing this year. I see no reason to expect them to fall. This is going to be a great year for CU basketball.

Live it. Love it. Start to be the asshole fans we all were at one time. Only this time it's for out basketball team. We're gonna kick everybody's ass! :woot:

Tad knew Spencer was leaving, and he built this year's roster with that in mind. I imagine that with a fully health roster last year, Tad expected to be top 25. I see no reason that he would regress with his expectations.

In some measure the Buffs are better OVERALL, now that Spencer has moved on. There was a lot riding on him and I still am of the opinion that SD never materialized as the true point needed to efficiently run Tad's offense, with Jelly at its center (NPI). When Spencer ran the "O" there was still way too much standing around by others and I'm not sure he fully understood how to or had the overall command necessary to make the "O" work as a complete unit. Far too often it came down to SD driving to the hoop or him or someone else, forcing a deep three as the shot clock expired. Not good.

JHop, XT and QC should collectively fill not only that void and, while not the go-to scorers that Spencer was, but will hopefully be able to run, as true point, the entire Jelly-centered "O"; leaving the Buffs as a top-ranked team and continuing participant in the Dance.

Ringo said the schedule is waiting on 1 game to be finalized. Can't imagine it to be much of a headliner.

Have to win in Laramie and face at least 2 of Nubs/Wichita St/GW in Hawaii to ensure a decent OOC RPI

Wyoming is going to be a hard game. That's a good team.

I wouldn't say they are a good team, above average yes, not good, especially if Nance doesn't return to full strength than there chances of success are slim. We usually struggle up there though.

Do they hate large crowds or what? Why the hell isn't this game on a friday night or a saturday night. Stupid Wednesday. Hope its a later tipoff so I can make up to boulder after work.

My guess, and it's only that, is that because the travel is so short the schools schedule the game (Boulder or Ft. Collins) on a week night to leave weekends open for travel so as not to miss too much class time. Teams traveling to Colorado for out-of-conference games may ask to do so on or around weekends for the same reason. Thus the time that makes the most sense is a weeknight.

Having said all of the above, I too would prefer the CSU and Wyo games to be scheduled for a weekend (Sat. or Sunday). If CU was playing in Laramie let's say on a Sunday at 2 pm I would consider driving up or taking a bus with other fans. But that idea is a non-starter if the game is on a school night (I teach).

My guess, and it's only that, is that because the travel is so short the schools schedule the game (Boulder or Ft. Collins) on a week night to leave weekends open for travel so as not to miss too much class time. Teams traveling to Colorado for out-of-conference games may ask to do so on or around weekends for the same reason. Thus the time that makes the most sense is a weeknight.

Having said all of the above, I too would prefer the CSU and Wyo games to be scheduled for a weekend (Sat. or Sunday). If CU was playing in Laramie let's say on a Sunday at 2 pm I would consider driving up or taking a bus with other fans. But that idea is a non-starter if the game is on a school night (I teach).
Wyoming game is on a Saturday but yea it kinda sucks.

Laramie is not a friendly place for CU. It's going to be another hard fought game and if we win, consider us fortunate.

Wyoming, not CSU, is the program I worry about in terms of a Front Range rivalry. They've got a solid history and that arena is a really big deal to the people of Wyoming as a state pride thing. They just raised money for a renovation and got a group of wealthy donors to step up with $10 million. The state legislature matched the $10MM and threw in $5MM more. They'll soon be out-recruitng CSU again.

They have the biggest arena out of all three and $25 mil probably goes a long way for upgrades.

Looking at November's game, it seems that's all they have going for them. No Nance, who was their leader in every statistical category. Lost 5 of 6 after he tore his ACL. They're not too intimidating outside a couple of wily, undersized Colorado guards.

They have the biggest arena out of all three and $25 mil probably goes a long way for upgrades.

Looking at November's game, it seems that's all they have going for them. No Nance, who was their leader in every statistical category. Lost 5 of 6 after he tore his ACL. They're not too intimidating outside a couple of wily, undersized Colorado guards.

I thought Nance was back?

Back