What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014-15 Colorado Basketball Roster & Schedule

I really thought Oliver Purnell was gonna turn it around...but he is probably coaching for his job this year

I expected better from him too, but he was playing with fire by taking over that job. His ego was boosted by turning Clemson around, but DePaul's issues run far deeper than Clemson's.

I expected better from him too, but he was playing with fire by taking over that job. His ego was boosted by turning Clemson around, but DePaul's issues run far deeper than Clemson's.

The Public League coaches originally revolted when he was brought in over their preferred candidate. They've struggled recruiting in Chicago, which is really the only way that DePaul will ever be good, but it has been getting better. If they can manage to push through their new arena plans, over the objections of local pol and the Bulls' Jerry Reinsdorf, they may have a shot of actually becoming watchable.

The Public League coaches originally revolted when he was brought in over their preferred candidate. They've struggled recruiting in Chicago, which is really the only way that DePaul will ever be good, but it has been getting better. If they can manage to push through their new arena plans, over the objections of local pol and the Bulls' Jerry Reinsdorf, they may have a shot of actually becoming watchable.

The main thing hurting DePaul is what is hurting St. John's. City gyms and training facilities suck. The best talent leaves for regional private schools or even moves across the country to IMG and its ilk. The best coaches also get out. Competition suffers and that lowers the quality of the 2nd and 3rd tier players. Prep basketball is simply not a city game any more.

I have no idea where else to put this, but has there been any news on Wes Gordon getting hurt. He lives right next to me and had crutches and his ankle was wrapped up...

FWIW to any hoops and car fans - this years CU roady to AZ lines up with the week of Scottsdale car auctions (Barrett Jackson/Gooding and Co among others). If your looking for a warm weather vacation this isn't a bad week, watch some hoops, play some golf and check out the auctions.

I'm watching TAMU at USC volleyball and I'm pretty sure I just heard them say that the MBB conference schedule will be out next Monday.

I'm watching TAMU at USC volleyball and I'm pretty sure I just heard them say that the MBB conference schedule will be out next Monday.

I imagine we'd get women's then too, right?

I imagine we'd get women's then too, right?

I sure hope so. I've been holding off booking our ski trip to Steamboat so we can go up there when WBB is playing away games.

Last edited:
If they don't release the women's schedule, you know they won't be playing at home the same weekends that the men are. Waiting this long for the basketball schedules is ridiculous.

So we are getting the good teams first each week.

UCLA game on friday night would be HUGE, if it wasn't during winter break....

UofA on Thursday night ESPN going to be gigantic. Maybe another gameday candidate? I can hope.

Speaking of we got some serious ESPN love this season.

UCLA game on friday night would be HUGE, if it wasn't during winter break....

Didn't play them in Boulder in 2011-2012.
Jan 12 2013 UCLA 78 CU 75 Attendance: 9696
Jan 16 2014 #25 UCLA 69 CU 56 Attendance: 10802

Need to get the Keg rocking the day after New Year's.

EDIT: Only team we haven't beat since joining. Really grinds my gears.

Honestly, other than Lipscomb and (possibly) Drexel, no real bad times there. I'm thrilled. I wish the first Utah game was a little later (nice to get the "bye" as late as possible), but no complaints.

I'm still annoyed UCLA gets to come here with no students. Why can' t we have our roadies right after new Years. Also, some concern about how many students will be left for the CSU and UNC games.

I'm still annoyed UCLA gets to come here with no students. Why can' t we have our roadies right after new Years. Also, some concern about how many students will be left for the CSU and UNC games.

I won't worry about CSU. The students now have made it obvious to all of us that that's their rival.

UNC is going to be sad though.

Honestly, other than Lipscomb and (possibly) Drexel, no real bad times there. I'm thrilled. I wish the first Utah game was a little later (nice to get the "bye" as late as possible), but no complaints.

Lipscomb is a great time for me. Lesser-interest game early in the day... perfect for bringing a 6 year old. Won't be that loud. That's totally a "bring the little kids and introduce them to CU Basketball" game.

Lipscomb is a great time for me. Lesser-interest game early in the day... perfect for bringing a 6 year old. Won't be that loud. That's totally a "bring the little kids and introduce them to CU Basketball" game.

I was hoping for a night game just because I'll be coming back from Kansas/Thanksgiving that afternoon. 7 pm tipoff and I could have made it. Oh well.

I was hoping for a night game just because I'll be coming back from Kansas/Thanksgiving that afternoon. 7 pm tipoff and I could have made it. Oh well.
Dude you need to move to another country or something so you can stop going to Kansas all the time.

Back