1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2014 Class Grade

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by bigbang2, Feb 5, 2014.

1. bigbang2

bigbang2 Typical, brain knowledge or the ability to have a

I would give it a B-, getting Ballage could make it a B.

Positives:

I really like the Defensive backs in this class.

Sanchez - fast and athletic, can play Corner or Safety. Could be a Hidden gem. Really like his game.

White- Big athletic Safety, could move to OLB if he gets bigger. But I like him at Safety, could help CU match up better against Big TEs

McIntyre- also fast and athletic, can be a Kickoff returner and can play both corner or safety.

Whitherspoon- big and athletic, will help CU match up better against bigger receivers.

Lee- could play Slot receiver, but I like him better as a corner. Quick and tough for a small Corner. Could be a very good Nickel Corner against smaller quicker receivers.

I also like the Defensive Line pickups

Shaver, Mathewes, Lopez looks like they can develop into solid Contributors.

I like the Linebacker pickups

Wantanabe and Gamboa are both physical. Rippy a transfer could also be a solid contributor.
    CU reputation of been known as Linebacker U will continue with the guys recruited in 2014.
    I like the WR pickups

Fields is a good route runner and has good speed
    Walker will be a solid contributor on special teams and also has good speed.

Negatives:

Could do better in recruiting Offensive Linemen. But I do like Kaiser and Miller. But both guys are like about 2 years away from been ready. They need to add a lot of weight and improve on their technique.

Toss up

Apsay- accurate, but he is 6'1" and not the biggest guy in the world. A red shirt year will help him get stronger.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  2. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

Holding onto Rodriguez would have helped a lot. Apsay is a good talent, we are lucky to have him. Also lucky we have the depth to give him a redshirt year.

3. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

Holy **** dude! you just guaranteed Sefo a torn labium, and Gerhke a torn ACL. ****in' A!

4. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

Good thing we have Sessions and..... MacIntyre :devil:

5. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

Don't know about a grade yet but I like our class. I see a bunch of fine young Buffs. Ballage would be the icing.

6. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

I like the class. Watched some film on Aspay. Unlike Sefo, Cade can run but is smaller. I hope Sully will bring much needed help to the worst OL in the PAC12.

7. PAHIBuff

PAHIBuff Club Member Club Member

At the moment it's the 10th rated class in the P12. The folks who pump the recruiting classes in down years are sometimes the guys who rip the on-field results a year or two later. Which is why some of us weigh in early on. But we wish them all the best and thank them for their efforts.
    Wash, rinse, repeat. :shakehands:

8. onealcd

onealcd Club Member Club Member

Haha LMAO

9. 1701Buff

1701Buff New Member

Right now I would say a B is about right. Coach Mac finds under the radar guys.

10. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

There's always the post-signing day excitement. I get that. But you can't give this class a grade in the "B" range on paper unless you're grading on a curve (i.e., "considering the on-field results of the past several years"). On that curve, I could find my way to saying "B-". Ballage would take it up to "B+". But in relation to a Pac-12 program, it's bottom third on paper and that can't rise above a "C" if we don't grade on a curve.

11. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

12. SBP

SBP Member

B. And B is a as good as we were gonna do. Certainly a step in the right direction

13. Lukeasaurus

Lukeasaurus Well-Known Member

C+. Biggest need, and still not really filled is offensive line.
    the Plus is only because we may have gotten some speed this year. We'll see

14. Ozbuff

Ozbuff Member

This. I love the optimism on here, but most other Pac-12 classes are considerably stronger on paper. Of course, we won't know how good this class is for another couple of years, but on paper it's nothing to write home about. As an example, Arizona has six or more 4*s (depending on recruiting site) and we have one, hopefully two with Ballage.

15. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

This.

It depends on how you look at it. If you are making a direct comparison to the schools we have to beat in the conference it can't be better than a C (and that may be a little optimistic.) On the othere hand if your measure is did the class bring us closer to those schools then yes you could give it a B.

In the class I see a few guys who could be or turn into standouts in the PAC, guys who could be first or second team all-conference players if they continue to develop. I see a lot of guys who in time are going to be good enough that they at least belong on the field against PAC level competition and that is a significant step up from what we have been seeing out there in Buffs uniforms in recent years.

16. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

C to C- right now. Passing, but barely.

17. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

:stupid: If I'm comparing it to the last few years, C+.

18. buffs233

buffs233 John Henderson's Sock

D-/F+ compared to our competition. There is nowhere near enough talent in this class to compete against our brethen in the PAC 12 South. Take a look at the recruiting classes of USC, UCLA, ASU, Arizona and even Utah and tell me otherwise. No one wants to hear it, but the talent gap probably has even have widened between CU and the rest of the PAC 12 south. We are trying to win by recruiting "fine young men", who are good students. Our competition is getting the very best athletes possible to try to compete in this brutal league. Utah took five recruits from Florida and two from Louisiana to try to upgrade their speed and talent because Whittingham knows the end is near for him without better athletes.

19. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

STFU, dimwit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

21. buffs233

buffs233 John Henderson's Sock

the truth hurts, huh? I guess personal attacks make you feel better? It's won't change the fact that this group of coaches are easily the worst group of recruiters ever assembled at CU, and our PAC 12 south brethen will boat race this team until it is fixed. Ballage is another of the many failures of this staff.

22. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

No, you're just an idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. chitownbuff

chitownbuff Club Member Club Member

Is that you, AZ?

24. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Of course.

25. Yung Buffalo

Yung Buffalo Club Member Club Member

God complex much? What makes what you say the truth?

26. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

I'm going with a D+ or a C-

I'm mainly concerned that we lost so many recruiting battles - UT, Wash, ASU. That isn't a good sign.

27. skinsfan55

skinsfan55 Club Member Club Member

Before you grade, you need to determine a couple things. What's an A? Nabbing 4 blue chippers just isn't realistic? Do all lesser schools get D's because they worked within their framework?

No, I think before you grade you have to think about what the best case was for the team's situation and then measure them against that. In that case, I think the team gets a B+. They did great work with what they had available. They uncovered some gems and put together a decent class.

28. DBT

Exactly. If 'bama is the base line for an "A", then, yeah, we get a "D" or "F." I agree, you have to grade our class based, mainly, on reasonable expectations.

29. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

I don't know why I bother to respond to your idiotic rantings but I couldn't resist. You want to talk boat races, look at what happened to this team under our prior coach when our average margin in the final year was only under 30 points because most of our opponents tried to keep the embarassment down. I notice that their has been a huge crush of teams looking to hire our prior staff.

If our prior staffs were so much better at recruiting how come outside of a few individuals our best players at a number of positions were freshmen last year.

30. DBT

Obviously, any grade now is a mid term, right?