What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 Colorado vs CSU - Rocky Mountain Showdown Game Thread

Embree got us Prich, henderson, crawley, start on sefo... he was a decent recruiter. However he was a terrible coach. MM really needs to improve in recruiting. Until we can recruit we cant win.

So has CSU and they're completely outclassing us on the field. It's not that we're making mistakes and losing, it's that we're getting schooled all over the field. I don't agree that CU football is so down that CSU should be fielding a more talented squad than us. Newsflash: CSU sucks. They've sucked just as much as we have over the past decade but they've done it against worse competition. I have no problem with CU being the worst team in the Pac 12. I do have a problem with CSU being worse than a ****ty team in the MWC.

Don't forget that McElwain is in his 3rd season at CSU now. He did take CSU to a bowl game last year - which they won. Give the guy a little credit, he's proven to be a good coach.

Well after this performance I'm having a hard time finding 3 wins this year, even 2 will be tough.

Yes, it's only one game, but from what I'm seeing if MM doesn't shake up his staff this year, he'll have to make a bowl game in 2015 to keep his job.

Embree got us Prich, henderson, crawley, start on sefo... he was a decent recruiter. However he was a terrible coach. MM really needs to improve in recruiting. Until we can recruit we cant win.

Embree didn't get us PRich. Rick Neuheisel gave us PRich through his own brand of mismanagement.

To win in college fb you need 4th year juniors and 5th year seniors.....we have 3.....this is a long fix.

Jim MacElwaine is a good coach. He is turning CSU into a good team. Look at what he did last year. I doubt he'll be there much longer.

I also think MacIntyre is a good coach too. He just needs time. This is the first game of the year. Let's not panic just yet.

prich had problems at UCLA. Embree had the good judgement to take him as an at risk kid at CU

You should give a coach about 4 years. Firing coaches after one or two years makes no sense. We have to develop guys. Embo played a lot of freshman, coach Mac is also playing a lot of young guys like Shay Field.

prich had problems at UCLA. Embree had the good judgement to take him as an at risk kid at CU

I know. But hawk offered before he got canned.

Lets not give Embo too much credit for Prich. Of course he was going to take him. Lol

You should give a coach about 4 years. Firing coaches after one or two years makes no sense. We have to develop guys. Embo played a lot of freshman, coach Mac is also playing a lot of young guys like Shay Field.

Here we go again! Lol.

well, hell, that fell off quickly. d-line is way behind. offense lacks an identity. Dee Hart had more in those knees than I thought, the surgery techniques must be better. grayson did not impress, but the rams found their run game. dang it. The road back will be longer than I thought.

well, hell, that fell off quickly. d-line is way behind. offense lacks an identity. Dee Hart had more in those knees than I thought, the surgery techniques must be better. grayson did not impress, but the rams found their run game. dang it. The road back will be longer than I thought.
I think Dee could have gotten those yards with my knees. I bet he doesn't look that good for the rest of the season.

We have been on the road back for decade. At what point do you admit you are lost, sit down where you are at, and wait for death?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I know. But hawk offered before he got canned.

Lets not give Embo too much credit for Prich. Of course he was going to take him. Lol

HEY! Get your chronology straight. PRich PLAYED FOR HAWKINS, ok? He was not recruited by Embree, only retained.
Richardson played in the Kansas Game which Hawkins famously lost.

Richardson never played a snap for the Bruins. An off-the-field incident landed him in then-coach Rick Neuheisel’s doghouse. Neuheisel dismissed Richardson from the program, and he transferred to avoid losing a year of eligibility.
Colorado hired Jon Embree as head coach following Richardson’s freshman year.

Back