What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

Maybe you should look at MacIntyre's record before he got the CU job and what teams he was playing. Programs are looking at more than wins and loses. McElwain took over a program that had not much success in it history - a couple of blips from time to time. They were getting 3 wins a year when he took over. If CSU has a good year he will get long looks from a lot of programs in the P5 conference.

Great example, thanks! MacIntyre did a lot better against roughly the same competition, a lot of common opponents, and had one of the worst programs in D1 history in the final rankings.

So far, McElwain's doubled the win total at CSU to 6 on average, so let's see how this year pans out before we anoint him. So far the country's not impressed, no CSU votes in the AP or USA Today polls.

Gary Anderson had a .500 record at Utah State and he parlayed that into the Wisconsin job......if the goats win 10 or 11, Michigan is foolish if they dont look at him. That being said, I think we can all agree sparkles bolts after this year......

Like MacIntyre, Anderson finished with a flurry at 11-2, losing by 2 to Wisconsin and 3 to BYU.

I don't know if he's on the hot seat or if he might be ready to just call it quits and play more golf, but I wonder how much longer Spurrier will be at South Carolina? They had VERY high expectations for this year that don't appear to end up being fulfilled.

Yes. We will see how the season plays out but some think he is on the edge. The schedule is tough and he is in his 4th year...

and this is an SEC program that has big money support and isn't to far away from playing for the NC. To them a lower level bowl is a losing season.

I would be shocked if they didn't already have boosters who have offered to pay for the buyout for Muschamp to hurry his removal.

That Bama game was vulgar. I think he has to beat at least two of USC, UGA, or Ut to be safe.

Bama makes a lot of teams look vulgar. I wouldn't fire a guy for losing to Bama. I like UF's chances against UT. The UGA and USC games will be tossups. Still, if he loses three games this year, he's going to be fired?

Bama makes a lot of teams look vulgar. I wouldn't fire a guy for losing to Bama. I like UF's chances against UT. The UGA and USC games will be tossups. Still, if he loses three games this year, he's going to be fired?

9-3 he should be okay. 8-4 things get bumpy for him.

8-4 sounds like a long, lost friend to me. Like a distant memory of a bygone era.

Against Alabama their defense looked horrible. He gets to 9-3 he will be okay but he still has Georgia, South Carolina, Tenn, LSU, Missouri, and Florida State on the schedule so he has to win 4 out of those 6. Their wins are over Eastern Michigan and a close OT win over Kentucky. They way they have played so far I think they will be lucky to go 3 and 3 against those teams.

Wow. Oregon loses to Arizona for a second straight year...this time at home. Tick tock Mr. Helfrich.

Oregon has a problem. They run a system that is unique to their program. They almost have to hire from within. If they hire somebody from outside the system, they have to reinvent the wheel with players that aren't as talented as players at USC, UCLA, Stanford, and maybe as many as three or four other teams.

Oregon has a problem. They run a system that is unique to their program. They almost have to hire from within. If they hire somebody from outside the system, they have to reinvent the wheel with players that aren't as talented as players at USC, UCLA, Stanford, and maybe as many as three or four other teams.

hogwash. helfrich wasn't exactly homegrown. and he was no where near qualified to be a top 10 program HC....i think is more the explanation. UO was afraid to hire outside Chip Kelly's circles because that's all the success they've known in this here Phil Knight funded modern era. and they had to keep recruiting on target for the cycle that Kelly quit. so, hire from within. and for all their hot talk uni combos....UO is not a name that recruits itself just yet.

and we've all seen a younger Helfrich up close....he may be a great coach someday, but he's inexperienced as a HC and was calling plays for the first time at CU under Miracle Dan.

Entering year 4 of Nominate Dan Mullen For Every Coaching Vacancy!

Florida
Michigan

Who else is going to rumor Dan Mullen to their school?

think Les Miles is now on the hot seat.... 34 point loss to Auburn won't sit well

There are a lot of parallels that can be drawn between Les Miles and Larry Coker.

That said, if Miles is fired or decides to leave, just about every coach in the country will be begging for that LSU job. Their roster is absolutely stacked for next season.

Miles is safe. But he needs a big 2015 season.

at this point he's 80% safe but LSU has yet to play Bama, Ole Miss and Texas A&M- also Florida and Arkansas on the road won't be easy-
end up 7-5 or 6-6 and that 80% safe tumbles to a 50/50 prop-

at this point he's 80% safe but LSU has yet to play Bama, Ole Miss and Texas A&M- also Florida and Arkansas on the road won't be easy-
end up 7-5 or 6-6 and that 80% safe tumbles to a 50/50 prop-

They won't fire Miles IMO.

Back