What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Uniforms

I think those two photos show the contrast much better, Skiddy.

Insomuch as I care about what players wear (which is to say very little, provided it's not red), I do like our current black jersey uniform.

Your previous white jersey comparison didn't highlight a lot of difference, and also they look stupid with a black helmet.

I've said too much.

Did you guys know that wool scarves are a lot less itchy than one would think? Also there's a bunch of different fashionable knots you can time them in.

6_ways_to_wear_scarf_GM_city_slicker_02.png

NNJRVXPDLKOIEGA.20120118165717.jpg

The gold shadow behind the number was a 90's fashion disaster.

d84b77497e2030b63d86039b9e12fc03.jpg

It was a good idea to get away from the pants stripe.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a somewhat uniform related topic. I would hate Arizona fans much less if they wore blue. There is something about seeing someone wear a bright red shirt and a bright red hat that makes me hate them and question their fashion choices. What other poor decisions are they making?

We can wear a scarf with our uni if we win. It would be original at least. I'm sure the country wouldn't notice.

We can wear a scarf with our uni if we win. It would be original at least. I'm sure the country wouldn't notice.

I think you're stating your causality incorrectly.

As I understand the "FLounder Argument", we WILL win IF we wear scarves with our uniforms.

Ralphie's horn was gold, now it's white.
CU was block, now it's italic
Helmets were never black. Now they are
Was Russle. Now Nike
Shirts were mesh below shoulder pads. Now fabric is hi tech
No numbers were on shoulders. Now they are
The shoulder pads are smaller now
Stripes used to go all the way around the arms. Not anymore.
Big 8 logo on shoulder. P12 now on chest

That 1990s look looks so outdated now.
That 2014 look is so modern, fresh, and is an amazing recruiting tool.

Do you read a lot of Highlights magazine?

What if they wear the matte black helmets year round? Those are bad ass, but wonder if it loses it appeal if you do that.

I think wearing actual scarves would be a problem. Remember when we greased the RB's uniforms to allow them to run all over Nebraska in the 62-36 romp? Had Purify and Brown been wearing scarves we likely would've only won like 56-30. I think that we could get the same effect by putting a scarf-like logo on our uniform. Think breast cancer ribbon, but big and going around the neck. Orr would have to let us know which way to "tie" the scarf, I think he's Swedish or something.

Pink-Ribbon.jpg

It strikes me, looking at all these old jerseys, how much better our uniforms looked when we were winning. We really do have that classic timeless look. We just lose by so much lately we could make anything look bad.

From Ringo FWIW

I have been told that the changes they are making are not big ones. They are more subtle but they think they are things fans and players and recruits will like. At the same time, they want to stay true to their history

Last year's different options leave them quite a bit of room for "subtle" changes that will still be impactful. Avoiding the Ducks route is smart - some other teams attempts at that have been horrific.

That's an awesome picture. I'm going to guess it's from sometime in the early 60's. Very cool. I bet we beat the living tar out of Kansas that day. Unless Gayle Sayers happened to be playing there at the time.

That's an awesome picture. I'm going to guess it's from sometime in the early 60's. Very cool. I bet we beat the living tar out of Kansas that day. Unless Gayle Sayers happened to be playing there at the time.

1961 - KU 19 CU 20

This is actually when your favorite member of the AD staff would be useful.

I really thought the only appearance of blue was during the 1981-1984 Jack Anderson abomination, but the only time the football team wore black while the rest of the teams wore blue was the Oklahoma and Nebraska games in 1984 - and the silver horned helmets were long gone by then. In fact, according to the media guide, the only time silver horns were on the helmet was in 1968; the helmets in the early 60s were reversed: silver helmet with black horns.

So the answer is 1968, right? Well, we played KU in Lawrence that year, so... no.

Further confounding things is the fact that the interlocking CU didn't appear until 1969.

So, to sum up:

- we have a logo on the cheerleaders' uniforms that wasn't created until 1969.
- we have a color on the cheerleaders' uniforms that there's no official record of appearing until 1981, and it was gone from football by 1985 and all sports by 1988.
- we have a helmet that officially was only worn in 1968.
- the picture is of a game in Boulder playing KU, and CU played KU in Lawrence in 1968.

I'm pretty sure JFK is still alive, and this picture proves it.

And isn't that Jimmy Hoffa in the second row of the stands?

This is actually when your favorite member of the AD staff would be useful.

I really thought the only appearance of blue was during the 1981-1984 Jack Anderson abomination, but the only time the football team wore black while the rest of the teams wore blue was the Oklahoma and Nebraska games in 1984 - and the silver horned helmets were long gone by then. In fact, according to the media guide, the only time silver horns were on the helmet was in 1968; the helmets in the early 60s were reversed: silver helmet with black horns.

So the answer is 1968, right? Well, we played KU in Lawrence that year, so... no.

Further confounding things is the fact that the interlocking CU didn't appear until 1969.

So, to sum up:

- we have a logo on the cheerleaders' uniforms that wasn't created until 1969.
- we have a color on the cheerleaders' uniforms that there's no official record of appearing until 1981, and it was gone from football by 1985 and all sports by 1988.
- we have a helmet that officially was only worn in 1968.
- the picture is of a game in Boulder playing KU, and CU played KU in Lawrence in 1968.

I'm pretty sure JFK is still alive, and this picture proves it.

And isn't that Jimmy Hoffa in the second row of the stands?

Ok, so I got one thing wrong. The helmet is silver with black horns. That was worn from 1959 to 1967.
The jerseys had gold numbers from 1963-1966.

Which means the football uniform is from 1959-1962, making skiddy's 1961 plausible.

But, where did the blue come from?

And what about the interlocking CU?

When was the tunnel from DIA to Folsom originally built?

Ok, so I got one thing wrong. The helmet is silver with black horns. That was worn from 1959 to 1967.
The jerseys had gold numbers from 1963-1966.

Which means the football uniform is from 1959-1962, making skiddy's 1961 plausible.

But, where did the blue come from?

And what about the interlocking CU?

When was the tunnel from DIA to Folsom originally built?

I do not see blue but silver interlocking CU on the cheerleader outfits. Not sure there is any blue

2, 3, 1.

I do not see blue but silver interlocking CU on the cheerleader outfits. Not sure there is any blue
Must be a monitor and/or eye thing. The CU on the cheerleaders' uniforms looks like the "classic" powder blue to me.

Back