What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 CFB News & Notes (National)

It's terrible. Jacob Eason visited after Richt was fired last year and the coaches couldn't close the deal.

Daddy's name and influence stamped all over this. Of course if it weren't for cals - webb winning the Heisman, this dude would. Isn't he like a freshman still?

Last edited:
USC is NOT going to be able to stay with 'Bama.

An interesting storyline on that game is Lane Kiffin. He was at USC into the 2013 season. USC's 4th & 5th year guys were recruited by him. That's extra motivation for the Alabama OC and the USC players. I'm not sure which side it favors, though.

Pirate gonna lock him in the shed!

Unless Wazzu has a formidable student court, I expect him on the field when we play them.

I fount know how to imbed tweets, but I saw that Oregon St lost two DBs that starter multiple games for them last season as well.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/oregon-starting-cb-chris-seisay-leaves-team-182446422.html
Oregon junior cornerback Chris Seisay has decided to transfer after leaving the program this past weekend, Seisay confirmed via text message to OregonLive.com.

According to the website, Seisay has been granted a full release.

Seisay had 55 tackles, six passes breakups, a forced fumble and an interception in 18 career games. He filled in during the Ducks 2015 Rose Bowl game for injured All-American corner Ifo Ekpre-Olomu.
Was in line for a starting role.

Hugh Freeze staged his own funeral as a motivational ploy to his team. Bunch of self-imposed sanctions and probably something coming down from the NCAA on top of that. So, I guess he's in self-reflection mode and went to this place. I have no idea how this motivates a college football player. It's just ****ing weird and morbid.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/hugh-f...-funeral-to-help-motivate-team-193444953.html

I created a funeral scene for me and showed it to all our players. And the whole purpose is understanding that whatever you believe drives your behaviors and your behaviors drive your performance and your performance will give you some result. And we need to work backwards. This is the result I really want, now are my beliefs and are my behaviors going to get me my result.

So I created my funeral scene. And a lot of that had to do with the events of this past few weeks, it’s coming. It happens. We don’t know when it happens but we won’t cheat death. And so I wrote on the screen here at our commitment service, ‘This is the result I want at my funeral.’ This is what I want my wife to say about me. This is what I want my kids to say about me. This is what I want my players to say about me. This is what I want my parents to say about me. And really, the rest of the people are probably, no offense, but insignificant. But is this what they’d say about me today? And if not, I have time to make sure my beliefs that are creating my behaviors are going to get me the result I want. And it’s the same way with a team. The same way with football players. What result do you want? Now are your behaviors going to get you there?

Hugh Freeze staged his own funeral as a motivational ploy to his team. Bunch of self-imposed sanctions and probably something coming down from the NCAA on top of that. So, I guess he's in self-reflection mode and went to this place. I have no idea how this motivates a college football player. It's just ****ing weird and morbid.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/hugh-f...-funeral-to-help-motivate-team-193444953.html

I created a funeral scene for me and showed it to all our players. And the whole purpose is understanding that whatever you believe drives your behaviors and your behaviors drive your performance and your performance will give you some result. And we need to work backwards. This is the result I really want, now are my beliefs and are my behaviors going to get me my result.

So I created my funeral scene. And a lot of that had to do with the events of this past few weeks, it’s coming. It happens. We don’t know when it happens but we won’t cheat death. And so I wrote on the screen here at our commitment service, ‘This is the result I want at my funeral.’ This is what I want my wife to say about me. This is what I want my kids to say about me. This is what I want my players to say about me. This is what I want my parents to say about me. And really, the rest of the people are probably, no offense, but insignificant. But is this what they’d say about me today? And if not, I have time to make sure my beliefs that are creating my behaviors are going to get me the result I want. And it’s the same way with a team. The same way with football players. What result do you want? Now are your behaviors going to get you there?
That is weird smh.

Wow, Nebraska over Georgia and LSU (who many people say are the best two jobs in the sec), Florida state, Miami and Florida?

ECU transfer Kurt Benkert named UVA QB. Connor Brewer is now here as well, btw. I think he's going to fit the old "air raid" or whatever they're calling it these days well. Don't expect much Mendenhall magic in year 1, but they can find their way to 6-6. With some luck, 7-8. They won't be the worst team in the ACC. For all of London's failures, he didn't leave the cupboard completely bare. Now there's my brief update on an irrelevant ACC team. They'll be in Eugene in a few weeks, finishing off the idiotic policy of facing cross country teams often. Mendenhall will put an end to that, thankfully. Like UVA is ever going to really recruit the West..

As bad as that is, it's far better than the Hsmes Bond one they did a year or two ago. The interception the guy scooped back in bounds was pretty cool.
That interception was bad ass, I remember that. Matter of fact, probably the only time I've seen that on a football field before.

SIAP - this is a really bad blow for Duke and its chances in what looked like a wide open ACC Coastal division.

SIAP - this is a really bad blow for Duke and its chances in what looked like a wide open ACC Coastal division.

Duke plays a much tougher schedule than they've played the past 3 years. Even before this I don't think they were bowl bound.

I thought Webb looked pretty good. Stat line was impressive. Looked rusty first couple of drives, then crisp thereafter, especially 2 min drive before half.

It's one game. More to come.

Al-Quadin Muhammad was kicked off of Miami's roster today. Also lost another starter at LB.

Still going to have a pretty dreadful defense this season even if Richt makes a big difference on the offense.

Back