What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 Pac-12 South Champions COLORADO BUFFALOES!

Pac 12 South Champs with recruiting like this. This staff has done a phenomenal job with player development and has coached their balls off all year long.

1. They evaluated well.
2. They retained players with low attrition.
3. They coached them well.
4. They did a great job of filling roster holes with JUCOs.

That isn't a long-term strategy for this type of success, but it's how a program needs to rebuild and break through in a way that sets a foundation and culture. Now the Top 25 classes start coming in since the winning makes it possible to sign guys projected to play earlier and with more upside, while not having to compromise on character to get players of that talent level.

1. They evaluated well.
2. They retained players with low attrition.
3. They coached them well.
4. They did a great job of filling roster holes with JUCOs.

That isn't a long-term strategy for this type of success, but it's how a program needs to rebuild and break through in a way that sets a foundation and culture. Now the Top 25 classes start coming in since the winning makes it possible to sign guys projected to play earlier and with more upside, while not having to compromise on character to get players of that talent level.

Our level of coaching is lightyears ahead of where we've been. Good job all around.

All these idot wannabe football fans all of a sudden come in today wanting to talk Buffs?? WTF? It is usually All Broncos All the time? I asked em straight up, "You want to talk Buff football all of a sudden"? They have no ****ing clue, but glad people are noticing.

I was thinking about this a bit this morning. Pac 12 South Champs! Or is it whatever - Pac 12 divisional winners - you still haven't won anything - the conference championship is yet to come. Then I remembered that the Pac 12 has, well, 12 teams vs. the old Big 8 with, yep, you guessed it 8 teams. So how comparable is winning the Pac 12 South Division vs winning the old Big 8? Let's compare the schools:

Oklahoma = USC
Nebraska = UCLA
Missouri = Utah
Kansas State = ASU
OSU = Arizona
That leaves Kansas and Iowa State as the remaining teams to play, which were typically gimme games anyway.

Yes, winning the Pac 12 South is a BFD!

Wife's office (in Boulder) asking everyone to wear black and gold tomorrow.

In 3 years of her working there, I've never once been successful engaging a single one of her co-workers in a Buffs discussion, despite football being my go-to conversation topic for anyone with whom I don't have established common interests.

Wife's office (in Boulder) asking everyone to wear black and gold tomorrow.

In 3 years of her working there, I've never once been successful engaging a single one of her co-workers in a Buffs discussion, despite football being my go-to conversation topic for anyone with whom I don't have established common interests.

Love the bandwagon!

Also, this is why CU has to figure out how to reconfigure the price matrix to have more cheap seats. Make it easy for someone to check things out.

The growth of this state's population in the metro area is an opportunity for people looking for a bandwagon to jump on and connect to their new home. Not like they're going to be able to get season tickets to the Broncos.

Back