What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 CU Players in the NFL (Plus Draft Thread)

Isn’t weed still considered a ped in the nfl?
No
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/09/13/nfl-new-drug-policy-three-things/15571205/

1. Marijuana won't be punished like other drugs
All players will be tested at least once per league year during training camp for substances of abuse, including marijuana. However, it'll take more violations to reach the advanced discipline stages for marijuana than for cocaine, amphetamines, opiates, opioids, phencyclidine or MDMA.

I honestly believe the only reason they even bother testing for MJ is two fold:
1) Old rich guys (i.e. the owners) think it is the debil's weed
2) They think if players are running around toking up all over the place, it sets a really bad example and they are all about promoting the NFL image. Same reason they treat DUI's or alcohol related offenses with fairly high severity. Note they don't give people sobriety tests intermittently though, so still a double standard.

Also, cortisone and other steroids bring an increased risk of tendon ruptures; as far as I remember.

No
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/09/13/nfl-new-drug-policy-three-things/15571205/

I honestly believe the only reason they even bother testing for MJ is two fold:
1) Old rich guys (i.e. the owners) think it is the debil's weed
2) They think if players are running around toking up all over the place, it sets a really bad example and they are all about promoting the NFL image. Same reason they treat DUI's or alcohol related offenses with fairly high severity. Note they don't give people sobriety tests intermittently though, so still a double standard.

I get where you're going, but alcohol can be bought and used legally. Kinda hard to derive tests for that.

I get where you're going, but alcohol can be bought and used legally. Kinda hard to derive tests for that.
You can also acquire MJ in 29 of 50 states legally (with a prescription in most). The problem is twofold:
1) The older generation's belief that MJ is appropriately labeled a Schedule 1 drug and it is blasphemy if it is used
2) What you are bringing up - the fact that it is damn hard to test for actual inebriation scientifically versus just use (or exposure, which is the problem) within the past few weeks

You can also acquire MJ in 29 of 50 states legally (with a prescription in most). The problem is twofold:
1) The older generation's belief that MJ is appropriately labeled a Schedule 1 drug and it is blasphemy if it is used
2) What you are bringing up - the fact that it is damn hard to test for actual inebriation scientifically versus just use (or exposure, which is the problem) within the past few weeks

Our society is changing. MJ is no longer seen as green debbil.

Since there are teams in numerous states, it's easier to make an "employment" rule that can span them all. Imagine the FA free for all if the league rules were based on state legality.

Our society is changing. MJ is no longer seen as green debbil.

Since there are teams in numerous states, it's easier to make an "employment" rule that can span them all. Imagine the FA free for all if the league rules were based on state legality.
6b6.gif

Back