What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel..

I do not view his inexperience as a big detriment.

Is it the Houston job or Applewhite?
Good question. I do think Houston is a pretty easy job. There is more D1 football talent within a 3 mile radius of UofH than there is in the entire state of Colorado.

tedford is the best option i've seen so far at AB. prefer to pass on richt....i'd also like to see CU make a good hire and not just retread city like UA and ASU. i like littrell with stoops, leach and texas connects but i think he's a Big XII hire....was tough as a player and still looks like he could go.

tedford is the best option i've seen so far at AB. prefer to pass on richt....i'd also like to see CU make a good hire and not just retread city like UA and ASU. i like littrell with stoops, leach and texas connects but i think he's a Big XII hire....was tough as a player and still looks like he could go.
Yes, for the record, I'd like to also formally say that I'd like to pass on buying a Lamborghini.

Where is the Richt rumor coming from? From my perspective there's no way he'd come here- he's making much more now than CU pays, he has a massive buyout, just signed a 6 year extension, and his school is in a very fertile recruiting area with (relatively) low expectations for success.

Yes, for the record, I'd like to also formally say that I'd like to pass on buying a Lamborghini.

Where is the Richt rumor coming from? From my perspective there's no way he'd come here- he's making much more now than CU pays, he has a massive buyout, just signed a 6 year extension, and his school is in a very fertile recruiting area with (relatively) low expectations for success.
I don't think there are any kind of actual rumors since MM is still employed. All names being mentioned here are pure speculation with absolutely no smoke to any of them. If/when Rick George makes a new coaching hire, I expect it to be someone that hasn't been mentioned here because that seems to be how it usually works.

we need to shift focus back to the game this Saturday. If we win, all this talk is out the window Imo.

Seems like you can get all of those positives from Applewhite by hiring his OC (for example) or another guy with deep Texas connections as your OC. No need to risk so much at the head coach position.
I’d stay away from the Briles coaching tree. Definitely for a head coach but maybe as an OC it would be acceptable. He definitely knows football and has ties to TX.
I still don’t like Applewhite based on his antics at the Big 12 Championship game. I need to let that go.

we need to shift focus back to the game this Saturday. If we win, all this talk is out the window Imo.
I will have this thread open from my seat in 121 on Saturday and forget to make noise on third down right as Rick Flair Wooooooooos and we'll give up a critical third down stop.

Don’t want a retread, but Tedford is the best option? I’m not against Tedford, but he is a retread you know.

We've had a great day of posting. Possibly the best all fall. I'm excited to see us what we do come Saturday!
And the season long AllBuffs only meeting we’ve been having without the coaches has brought out some younger posters to speak up

My concern with Lake would be his inexperience as a head coach. He hasn’t, to my knowledge, put together a staff before.

There’s no denying his successes, though. Dude is good at what he does.

Putting together a staff is always a concern with a first time head coach.

Lake has been around good assistants though and he can sell.

MM had prior coaching experience and a big part of his problem is he still doesn't manage his staff well.

I don't think there are any kind of actual rumors since MM is still employed. All names being mentioned here are pure speculation with absolutely no smoke to any of them. If/when Rick George makes a new coaching hire, I expect it to be someone that hasn't been mentioned here because that seems to be how it usually works.
You discount Pritchard’s slip?

Back