What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel..

Kingsbury doesn’t seem like a go fit at USC at all. USC hasn’t recruited for an air raid offense. There maybe a lot of turnover on that side of the ball.
I'm more curious if they have any 4 or 5* running back commitments we can poach if they do this.

I don't think McElwain would ever be allowed at CU after his HC interview. Reportedly, he wanted to turn CU into a place where we had athlete paths of easy courses they all take with mass study halls where they're coached by tutors to get passing grades (SEC style). There was a bit of a disconnect on core values.

He said that in front of some faculty apparently. A friend in the room said you could hear a pin drop.

Wonder what kind of expectations Wells agreed to with Kirby Holcutt

Clearly something short of ever winning the Big 12.

I don’t blame Wells. He’s getting a big promotion and a huge raise after failing to ever win his division in the MWC. So that’s proof to him that 2nd place as a ceiling is definitely good enough.

"Lets say I go 15-23 for a three year stretch, including sub .500 vs MWC teams, would that be acceptable? Because that might be the plan."

holy crap I just realized he had Dave Aranda and Todd Orlando as his DCs his first 3 years. Then he had OtherMac for a year too. I'm gonna go ahead and guarantee this guy will be a disaster.

giphy.gif

Aranda would be crazy to take that job.
Unless it was a lifestyle choice to go back home and maybe working where he loves as his own boss for the next 20 years while continuing to accumulate generational wealth. Not the career path that is normal in his profession and I don't know how he's built, but there have been guys like LaVell Edwards and Fisher DeBerry who have done that instead of chasing the brass ring at bigger jobs.

Unless it was a lifestyle choice to go back home and maybe working where he loves as his own boss for the next 20 years while continuing to accumulate generational wealth. Not the career path that is normal in his profession and I don't know how he's built, but there have been guys like LaVell Edwards and Fisher DeBerry who have done that instead of chasing the brass ring at bigger jobs.

But he can take any number of jobs at the G5 level if that is the goal.

Been reported before but looking more likely that Bill Snyder will finally retire at KjSU

https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article222333010.html

Leavitt didn't get the Texas Tech job but this is apparently the one he really wants. How bad does KjSU want him

on JL's wiki page there's some story about legal disagreement between him and KSU some prior arrangement in his UO contract that makes me think that's pretty unlikely. scanned it a couple weeks ago....don't remember the exact details. if i were KSU, my first call would be to Brent Venables....never hurts to ask. KSU guy.

edit: then again, i posted a week or so ago that if i were BV, D'ing up again in the Big XII might not be my career path first choice option.

on JL's wiki page there's some story about legal disagreement between him and KSU some prior arrangement in his UO contract that makes me think that's pretty unlikely. scanned it a couple weeks ago....don't remember the exact details. if i were KSU, my first call would be to Brent Venables....never hurts to ask. KSU guy.

Agree-another name to watch there is Littrell in my opinion.

edit: then again, i posted a week or so ago that if i were BV, D'ing up again in the Big XII might not be my career path first choice option.

I don't think that KSU would be a great option anyways.

Snyder did miracles there but he hit on a formula that probably cannot be repeated. Historically they have been one of the worst programs in D1. The fans didn't show up, they lost to almost everyone, blown out regularly. They were the preferred homecoming opponent.

Snyder managed to get the school to allow him to load up on JUCOs that in many cases couldn't get in anywhere else. They made it easy for him to keep players eligible.

Now with the changes in standards for JUCO players they no longer have that advantage.

I think that that program is very likely to regress back towards it's historic levels no matter who the coach is.

Women ooze over the man. "Lock up your wives" refers to do not let your woman around Kliff because he would have her in a minute.
I wasn’t sure if there was some specific instances or need stories. So it’s just people who hear about chicks diggin’ his ****??

I wasn’t sure if there was some specific instances or need stories. So it’s just people who hear about chicks diggin’ his ****??

Correct. I do not know if anyone listens to Neuheisel's Sirius show, but the female producer asked one of the ESPN sideline ladies if he was as hot in real life as on TV. Her reply was "I am married, but I definitely see why you would ask that question"

Locksley to Maryland it appears. Pretty solid hire due to his recruiting and as long as he stays out of trouble.

Back