What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

Just moved my kid into CU dorm. The last few posts have me thinking I’ll be back in two weeks, but I hope CUs plan works out. I also hope that forest fire smoke kills viruses. It’s getting bad in Boulder this evening.
Which dorm? And remember that if it’s anything besides The Pit in Hallett Hall, your kid is doomed to a second rate existence.

The college experience is what you make of it.

I have friends that would NEVER trade their time in:
  • The Quad
  • Sewell
  • Kittridge
  • WillVill
Mine happened to be Kittridge, and no, I wouldn’t trade it. I have enjoyed my buddies’ stories over the years from other dorms.

But nope.

The college experience is what you make of it.

I have friends that would NEVER trade their time in:
  • The Quad
  • Sewell
  • Kittridge
  • WillVill
Mine happened to be Kittridge, and no, I wouldn’t trade it. I have enjoyed my buddies’ stories over the years from other dorms.

But nope.
Likewise. WillVill had AC, nicer and bigger rooms, full bathrooms in the room (depending on which floor for guys/girls), it’s own gym and at the time the best grab n go of any of the dorms.

I agree that keeping athletes completely isolated without outbreaks is fantasy, however whether they are playing football in the Fall or Spring, I am of the opinion for most athletes that their best interests are probably better suited being on/near campus with access to their facilities, training tables, coaches, academic support, medical staff, and increased access to Co-Vid testing. Is there risk of outbreaks? absolutely. Will there be outbreaks on college campuses across the nation? Most likely. However we have to remember those athletes have dreams, aspirations and for many the opportunity to get a top-notch education via scholarship and a limited window to reach those goals, hence they should get the full opportunity if at all possible--that can be provided via Fall or Spring football. Aside from pro-sports aspirations, I think about a good number of athletes who will compete in their sport and stay involved in their sport or another sport later on in life, whether that be a coach, trainer, college prep counselor (ex-Buff Terrance Wood has an awesome program for HS kids, looking to get into college football) or any other opportunity they garner through their lifelong association with sports. The athletes put in the work to get here, and we need to remember that.

You can have positive opinions of the actions taken by all the conferences--it does not really have to be one or the other. If I were to pass on a positive opinion on the Big 12, SEC, ACC, Notre Dame and other conferences playing in the fall, at least they are willing to give it a go, wade into the unknown and see what happens. They are trying the experiment now and will give necessary data in seeing what is possible. In some ways, it is admirable to try the experiment now. However, the same can be said with the B1B, PAC 12 and other conferences who have deferred until the Spring, a positive opinion is they looked at the situation more cautiously opting to wait until Spring. That may pay off, but I think that they will still be still somewhat heading into the unknown--although they will have more information from the Fall Sports attempted by other schools.
I agree it's just a very tough call. For me the knowns outweigh the unknowns, and it's not just about the athletes getting it, they'll be contributing to community spread. But obviously money and normalcy drive a lot of this, and that's not nothing either. People will all make their choices and live with the consequences. See luko's wisdom below.

I was in Willard. Bunch of nerds. I swear my whole floor played WoW in the lounge all day long. I did have Tyler Hansen on my floor

More potential upheaval in the B1G:

No matter what has been stated publicly, Ohio State’s hierarchy hasn’t yet given up on playing football this fall.

Athletic Director Gene Smith, with the full support of school president-elect Kristina Johnson, has been working behind the scenes for the past six days to organize fellow Big Ten conference athletic directors in convincing at least five other university presidents to move forward with a 10-game season to be played among six teams, a source familiar with the movement told me today.

In this proposed format, each team would play the other five Big Ten teams who are participating twice -- once at home and once on the road, beginning on either Sept. 26 or Oct. 3. The season would conclude by mid-December and there would no Big Ten title game in Indianapolis.

As of Tuesday night, the source claimed that Penn State President Eric Barron, Nebraska President Walter “Ted” Carter and Iowa President Bruce Harreld are on board with the new plan. The group hopes to convince two other universities, notably the University of Wisconsin and the University of Michigan, to join them.

Kittridge Arnett for me... And it was pretty good.

My nephew just moved into Sewall this week. I am jealous
A bunch of those dorms in kitt are all redone too right? Other than being on the opposite corner side from the rec center I thought it was nice over there and that was a year before they built the C4C.

It feels like this is getting more and more real every day and it’s no longer just a parent petition and AD thing. Presidents are now being said to on board. What a mess, tbh. How do you come out and cancel the season and a week later have reports leaking that at least half the conference is completely trying to reverse course?

There hasn’t been much good news this week to support that so not sure if I believe it. But I do think it comes back to why they shouldn’t have pushed it all the way until spring.

It feels like this is getting more and more real every day and it’s no longer just a parent petition and AD thing. Presidents are now being said to on board. What a mess, tbh. How do you come out and cancel the season and a week later have reports leaking that at least half the conference is completely trying to reverse course?
Because it’s probably not real, just hope and leaks from those who want to play even though presidents already said no and a big 10 school just cancelled class for the semester.

Because it’s probably not real, just hope and leaks from those who want to play even though presidents already said no and a big 10 school just cancelled class for the semester.
Cancelled in person class for the semester. And if you’d read this guys report, he’s saying there is support from the Presidents, not just people who want to play.

Cancelled in person class for the semester. And if you’d read this guys report, he’s saying there is support from the Presidents, not just people who want to play.
Yes I know it was in person classes and yes I read the report. That is why I’m saying it’s probably bull****. Michigan state cancelled in person class, notre dame just shut down for two weeks and likely the rest of the semester and you think these college presidents are thinking, you know what sounds like a good idea right now? Getting our football team back out there.

Sure this may not come to fruition but apparently the writer Jeff Snook is legit and has covered college football for a long time. And if they can get arguably the 6 highest profile schools in the conference on board then the B1G will have zero leverage.

Yes I know it was in person classes and yes I read the report. That is why I’m saying it’s probably bull****. Michigan state cancelled in person class, notre dame just shut down for two weeks and likely the rest of the semester and you think these college presidents are thinking, you know what sounds like a good idea right now? Getting our football team back out there.
Uhhhh yes. Because they see what’s happening w SEC and ACC schools and how they are doing exactly that

Sure this may not come to fruition but apparently the writer Jeff Snook is legit and has covered college football for a long time. And if they can get arguably the 6 highest profile schools in the conference on board then the B1G will have zero leverage.
Oh I’m not really blaming him at all. I am sure he has his sources and believes them but I think people are leaking things to try and apply pressure because they are pissed but it’s not Going to change anything. People don’t realize how close the ACC is to shutting things down and keep trying to speculate that this season will be played.

Europe does not have the fraction of cases of the US. If you pool the data from the top 6 countries to get an equivalent population the death totals are the same (we would compare favorably if not for Cuomo). Trump is too stupid to explain it correctly, but our %positive is in line with the rest of the world and actually 4X better than France.

View attachment 38631

Uhhhh yes. Because they see what’s happening w SEC and ACC schools and how they are doing exactly that
Lol most of these schools just started practicing for the first time yesterday. They also just got students back and started class this week. They haven’t done **** yet.

Back