What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Tournament thread

These NBA guys lol. Talking about how Garza is getting no help on offense and the other guys need to step up, like a 56-46 halftime score is low (in the NBA yeah haha). Uh no, Iowa’s offense isn’t the issue, dummies. It’s the defense.

Edit, ok now they finally mentioned the score differences between NBA and college, but then Barkley disagreed hahaha ok done editing. They are dumb.

Thin F1 I thought, but another B10 team seemingly shocked at finding that their conference competition wasn't head and shoulders above the rest of the country. Get rattled!

Iowa has altered their strategy to having the ducks miss their open layups. Helping them get back in the game.

My total Pac-12 homerism take on the tourney so far is that Pac12 offenses look really good when they don't have to play against Pac 12 defenses.
Maybe excluding Oregon when trying to finish from 2 feet out. Haha.

Gotta say my dislike for Oregon is slightly less when not looking at that vomit colored floor or fluorescent lime unis.

3 straight as easy as can be hoped for layups (almost if not all in a row?) missed by the quacks allows the Iowans to draw closer.

Maybe excluding Oregon when trying to finish from 2 feet out. Haha.

Gotta say my dislike for Oregon is slightly less when not looking at that vomit colored floor or fluorescent lime unis.
The first few times I saw that floor I didn't pick up on the tree/forest silhouette design and to my eyes it just looked like it was well worn and lighter colored towards the middle, and darker around the edges; it just looks shabby and run down at first glance.

I saw an interview with Gene Deckerhoff (the voice of FSU football and basketball) this morning and they were talking about how good the Pac12 is doing in the tournament and Gene said, yea look at Oregon State who was picked to finish 16th in the conference.
So, is it the PAC10, the PAC16, or maybe the PAC12 all you East Coast dummmarses???

Oregon is playing insanely well, but it's obvious to me that it's not just that the Pac-12 is underrated. The Big Ten is not the ridiculously awesome conference the media built them up to be, and quite frankly, they're soft.

#2 seed getting owned.

Pac 12:
south park cartman GIF

Alabama, pending their game today, and Houston are the only 2 seeds remaining. BIG-10 responsible for the other 2 seeds that are knocked out. Also responsible for the only 1-seed knocked out. And Michigan still has to play a tough LSU team today. Maybe the BIG-10 shouldn’t have had half the top seeds.

I got all 5 P-12 teams to win in this round. 51-1, for $1.
Also, all 5 to cover, 22-1 for $2.
I won't go broke

That's 2.

Time to step away - pretty sure Barkley is trolling me personally now.
"P10, 12 whatever they are calling themselves now. What do they have 16 teams these days?"

All of it spilled out of what started as a compliment saying how badly the conference was underrated.

Time to step away - pretty sure Barkley is trolling me personally now.
"P10, 12 whatever they are calling themselves now. What do they have 16 teams these days?"

All of it spilled out of what started as a compliment saying how badly the conference was underrated.

These guys aren't even doing the homework and are just bullshitting. Get some pros in here.

I don't want to seem like I am piling on, but the BIG seems to suck.
Fify

This year worse than normal but they tend to have a big gap between the top and the middle teams but still get a lot of media adoration because they are the B1G

Kind of like how the media loves any SEC team with a pulse because the teams at the top of the conference are elite.

Difference is that this year in the B1G don't know that even the teams at the top in MBB are truly elite or if they are just being carried by conference reputation.

I going to do the unthinkable and take up for the committee. 🤮

There was basically no OOC this year, and as such no basis for comparison between conferences. Everyone was going off past performance.

We're just being homers if we think the Big Ten's recent performance hasn't seriously outpaced the Pac-12's.

Having said that, I'm completely enjoying the Big Ten's stumbles, and I hope the Pac-12 continues to play so well. Hopefully it'll change the narrative.

Back