What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Tournament thread

I agree but at some point all the coaching in the world can't make up for the other team just being flat out more talented.

PAC has already done much better than I or most expected but I'd love to see a couple teams in the final four and SC's talent could get them there.

Coaching matters more than you think. Two examples from this league. There's a reason Tad Boyle beats Andy Enfield every time. There's a reason Dana Altman winning a game in Boulder probably won't ever happen.

If they both win on Tuesday, which I think is entirely possible, would that set up the biggest USC/UCLA basketball game ever?

If they both win on Tuesday, which I think is entirely possible, would that set up the biggest USC/UCLA basketball game ever?

Probably-but you told me not to bet against the Zags this afternoon..........They're going to clock USC. Seems like Gonzaga, Baylor, UCLA, and the Rodents make next weekend.

Probably-but you told me not to bet against the Zags this afternoon..........They're going to clock USC. Seems like Gonzaga, Baylor, UCLA, and the Rodents make next weekend.

I agree that the Zags should be the favorites. USC might be their toughest test til ****bailer, though.

I don't like the Beavs' chances against Houston tomorrow. UCLA is the Pac's best chance for a Final Four team.

So I'm in a small survivor pool run by my brother. Usually around 70 entries but he cut the field this year (only wanted guys who would be cool if he had to make changes to the rules due to Covid). Pool ended on Day 3! So we re-upped for the Sweet 16. Alabama loss knocked out 10 of remaining 14. Pot is still $1500. Rich enough for my blood.

4 teams left. Everyone went Arkansas-USC except one team picked Michigan today. I expect everyone will pick Houston tomorrow. One team cannot pick Baylor. Do I go Baylor and hope Oregon State upsets? Or do I play it straight?

So I'm in a small survivor pool run by my brother. Usually around 70 entries but he cut the field this year (only wanted guys who would be cool if he had to make changes to the rules due to Covid). Pool ended on Day 3! So we re-upped for the Sweet 16. Alabama loss knocked out 10 of remaining 14. Pot is still $1500. Rich enough for my blood.

4 teams left. Everyone went Arkansas-USC except one team picked Michigan today. I expect everyone will pick Houston tomorrow. One team cannot pick Baylor. Do I go Baylor and hope Oregon State upsets? Or do I play it straight?
Is it selection by day or by round?

I agree but at some point all the coaching in the world can't make up for the other team just being flat out more talented.

PAC has already done much better than I or most expected but I'd love to see a couple teams in the final four and SC's talent could get them there.

If anyone actually needed further proof of "east coast bias" ... the ESPN CBB home page has absolutely no mention of how dominant the Pac 12 has been in the tourney. And no mention that every team in the Elite Eight is from west of the Mississippi, save Michigan.

USC is the team that could potentially give Gonzaga fits. Timme isn't going to be able to do much against the Mobley brothers IMO.

USC is the team that could potentially give Gonzaga fits. Timme isn't going to be able to do much against the Mobley brothers IMO.
USC could potentially give anyone fits.

Honestly, the P12 has had great talent for a while - among the best in the nation.

The difference now is that we have excellent coaches who have established their programs.

Cronin's way ahead of the curve in year 2. They're on their way to quickly becoming elite again.

Arizona will get scary as soon as they upgrade from Miller, who hasn't gone on any tourney runs even with all those NBA players. Never made a Final Four and hasn't seen an Elite Eight in 7 years. Even without the scandal, UA should move on.

And while we may not like them, Altman and Enfield are damn good basketball coaches. Tinkle is proving to be a better recruiter than I expected (knew he could coach from the job he did at Montana).

Anyway, I expect P12 hoops to be at a much higher level the next 5 years than it was the previous 10. That only benefits CU.

Lucas is an a s s h a t
His legs kicking out is garbage
Hate to say it, I would be fine with the Beaver run ending tonight

PAC12 needs to strongly consider adding Houston as part of going after the new TV deals! Their basketball and football are up to par. Pretty sure that BYU could also be swayed. Put BYU with Utah and put us with Houston

PAC12 needs to strongly consider adding Houston as part of going after the new TV deals! Their basketball and football are up to par. Pretty sure that BYU could also be swayed. Put BYU with Utah and put us with Houston

No.

The zone got them to a tie ballgame, they go straight back to man, they're back down and back to not getting a defensive board.

It's so unconnected geographically.

I think we need to get into NV. I like being the conference of the West and think it would be smart to bet on the population trends. I'm not as turned off by the concerns of the P12 presidents as most. I'd probably go to 16 by adding UNLV, Nevada, BYU and CSU, pay them all a reduced share for a decade, and build back the in-state rivalry model that worked so well for 100 years.

BYU is a non-starter, as it should be, so long as they have their bull**** "honor code".

It's so unconnected geographically.

I think we need to get into NV. I like being the conference of the West and think it would be smart to bet on the population trends. I'm not as turned off by the concerns of the P12 presidents as most. I'd probably go to 16 by adding UNLV, Nevada, BYU and CSU, pay them all a reduced share for a decade, and build back the in-state rivalry model that worked so well for 100 years.
I respect that, but no on CSU, no on Nevada. UNLV is someone I would bet on. But Houston is so advantageous for us (Colorado)

Mad props to the Beavs.

6 straight wins against tourney teams is a serious ass run.

Simply ran into a better team that was just as hot.
Houston looks like Phi Slamma Jamma of the old days. Killer Offensive Rebounding, and so many diverse weapons

Mad props to the Beavs.

6 straight wins against tourney teams is a serious ass run.

Simply ran into a better team that was just as hot.
OSU and Houston simply played the ugliest game in the Tournament. Houston was slightly less ugly!

Loved the clueless pair behing the mike, proclaiming Houston's prowess on the offensive glass, after watching the ball regualrly roll off the hands of 2-3 Cougs!

OSU and Houston simply played the ugliest game in the Tournament. Houston was slightly less ugly!

Loved the clueless pair behing the mike, proclaiming Houston's prowess on the offensive glass, after watching the ball regualrly roll off the hands of 2-3 Cougs!
Ian Eagle?🤔

Back