What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Tournament thread

I'm just here for the money....

Raining Money GIF by memecandy

And to think that if USC and Oregon didn't have to play each other in the round of 16, the conference could have had 4 teams in the Elite Eight.

You aren’t going to beat Gonzaga scoring in the 60s. As much as Cronin wants to.

Fair. Gonzaga is damn good. I'm not counting them out. That's an extremely confident group who believes they can beat anyone. Exactly the kind of team I don't want anything to do with this time of year.

Was it 95 that UCLA won it all without a bench? That was one of my favorite finals.

UCLA getting back to the Final 4 would be BIG for the conference. Need that brand to return to some semblance of national prominence for the basketball prestige of the conference.

Yeah, we need fucla to be good on the court. Just like we need u$c to be good in football. The stupid pundits and so-called experts can't ignore the conference when they're legit threats.

Let the bruins return to their blue blood ways on the hardwood. Let the condoms return to their semi-pro status on the gridiron.

And let my Buffs kick their ass every time they meet. End of story.

If he starts to land the players that UCLA should be landing, watch out.
For '21 they have:

#10 overall, 5* Peyton Watson
#45 overall, 4* Will McClendon

and have high interstest from:

#2 overall, 5* Jaden Hardy (probably going to G league)
#30 overall, 5* TyTy Washington (whom we're also recruiting)

For '22 they have:

#3 overall, 5* Amari Bailey

Yeah, we need fucla to be good on the court. Just like we need u$c to be good in football. The stupid pundits and so-called experts can't ignore the conference when they're legit threats.

Let the bruins return to their blue blood ways on the hardwood. Let the condoms return to their semi-pro status on the gridiron.

And let my Buffs kick their ass every time they meet. End of story.

Cronin doesn't cheat from what I know. Hard to believe it if I read that-you have to really, really buy in to want to play for somebody like him. Makes UCLA doing this a much easier pill to swallow.

For '21 they have:

#10 overall, 5* Peyton Watson
#45 overall, 4* Will McClendon

and have high interstest from:

#2 overall, 5* Jaden Hardy (probably going to G league)
#30 overall, 5* TyTy Washington (whom we're also recruiting)

For '22 they have:

#3 overall, 5* Amari Bailey
They were supposed have a 5* this year at PG but the NBA tampered - recruited the kid to turn pro instead and go straight to the G League.

Last edited:
Fair. Gonzaga is damn good. I'm not counting them out. That's an extremely confident group who believes they can beat anyone. Exactly the kind of team I don't want anything to do with this time of year.
Well, this is going to be the best shot they've ever had to finish it. I think it's the most complete team I've seen them have. They're shooting 62% from 2, Idk from three?

Gonzaga looks unbeatable. Line has gone from -5 to -14. I'm taking the points.
Wonder if they would have done this to duke and coach k?

"The NCAA had a nice parting gift for Oregon State. As soon as they got back to the hotel, they were told to pack up and get on a 1:15 am flight back to Eugene. Everyone had to hurriedly pack and head to the airport. Team arrives in Corvallis at 4 am Tuesday."

I have a friend who I follow on Twitter and he follows me. We've drifted apart a bit since he became MAGA-tized, but we still go back and forth on sports a bit. He's a Duke fan who came by it honestly, he grew out just outside Durham, wanted to go there but couldn't afford it.

Anyway, I could have possibly posted a tweet the other poking fun at the ACC, and he has been passive-aggressively going after the Pac-12 ever since. It's been funny, because he never actually responded to my original tweet, but it's pretty obvious that I set him off.

So the final four in my survivor's pool consisted of:

Me
My older brother
The 15 yo friend of my nephew
11 yo twins whose parents are friends of my brother

The initial pool ended early. On like day 2 or 3 because of all of the upsets. We re-upped for the sweet 16. The first three were Arkansas, USC, Houston. We had the upper hand. The twins picked Michigan, and Baylor. Seemed like they were screwed. Last night, we all picked to form (Michigan) setting up a Gonzaga-Baylor championship. The twins had to pick Gonzaga. $1500 is not a bad haul for an 11 year old.

Last edited:
Back