What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Tournament thread

Gonzaga looks unbeatable. Line has gone from -5 to -14. I'm taking the points.
Wonder if they would have done this to duke and coach k?

"The NCAA had a nice parting gift for Oregon State. As soon as they got back to the hotel, they were told to pack up and get on a 1:15 am flight back to Eugene. Everyone had to hurriedly pack and head to the airport. Team arrives in Corvallis at 4 am Tuesday."

Jumped on UCLA and the points and UCLA to take the whole thing. Call me crazy-but I think UCLA can absolutely hang with and maybe even beat Gonzaga. They're playing that well and Cronin is coaching his ass off.

Gonzaga looks unbeatable. Line has gone from -5 to -14. I'm taking the points.
Wonder if they would have done this to duke and coach k?

"The NCAA had a nice parting gift for Oregon State. As soon as they got back to the hotel, they were told to pack up and get on a 1:15 am flight back to Eugene. Everyone had to hurriedly pack and head to the airport. Team arrives in Corvallis at 4 am Tuesday."
I'm really surprised and perplexed that the NCAA dictates travel schedules for individual teams. I would've thought that was up to the teams themselves.

If you're thinking of the year that they barely got out of the early rounds & that little PG Tyus Edney put on a show... that was the year. Fun team.
I remember that one game, I think it was against Mizzou, Edney went full court and hit a layup with like no time left over a bunch of size. I don't know how the hell he did it.

I remember that one game, I think it was against Mizzou, Edney went full court and hit a layup with like no time left over a bunch of size. I don't know how the hell he did it.
Yep, that was an amazing play. UCLA was a few seconds from being out in round 2, then mostly rolled after that game.

Bill Walton on Game Day was amazing. Told Rece to be quiet because he didn't need a lead in. Then proceeded to go on an 8 minute diatribe that had everyone in studio trying to hold their laughter together. Only ended when the producer put Walton on mute so Rece could intro the next segment and take it to commercial.

Television gold.

Last edited:
Bill Walton on Game Day was amazing. Told Rece to be quiet because he didn't need a lead in. Then proceeded to go on an 8 minute diatribe that had everyone in studio trying to hold their laughter together. Only ended when the producer put Walton on mute so Rece could intro the next segment and take it to commercial.

Television gold.

UCLA has to make it to Monday just we can hear Walton go off again. If you don't enjoy him, you don't like fun.

The Baylor defense is just smothering Houston
You know the network doesn't like Chuck telling it like it is, but he's right. Houston's getting beat by a better team. It's over.

I expect them to come back a bit, but they'll never seriously threaten. It's striking to me how much bigger ****bailer is (not height). Maybe the hoops program is on the same supplement regimen that Briles had the football team on.

You know the network doesn't like Chuck telling it like it is, but he's right. Houston's getting beat by a better team. It's over.

I expect them to come back a bit, but they'll never seriously threaten. It's striking to me how much bigger ****bailer is (not height). Maybe the hoops program is on the same supplement regimen that Briles had the football team on.

At least Houston is getting some scoring from someone other than Sasser this half but still doesn't matter

UCLA 10-9 first media timeout.
Don't think it's going to happen but if UCLA were to be the team to beat Gonzaga this year it would be huge for the standing of the conference.

Not sure I want to see that though because I hate **** bailor and I don't think UCLA has a chance against them. Gonzaga will likely put a good whoopin on them

Don't think it's going to happen but if UCLA were to be the team to beat Gonzaga this year it would be huge for the standing of the conference.

Not sure I want to see that though because I hate **** bailor and I don't think UCLA has a chance against them. Gonzaga will likely put a good whoopin on them
27-25 Bruins at the under 8.

Last edited:
UCLA has played really well so far, but the margin for error is razor thin.

Bruins are playing a great game.

Feel like the dam is gonna burst at some point and they'll lose by double digits, but this will be a showing to be proud of and build back to elite from.

If you'd predicted that Gonzaga would score 40+ in the first half but it would be a 1 possession game, I'd have laughed at you.

I thought UCLA was going to have to keep the winning score in this game to 65 or less.

Feel like UCLA is playing at their absolute ceiling offensively and they're still down one.

They're going to have to play crazy defense in the second half.

Feel like UCLA is playing at their absolute ceiling offensively and they're still down one.

They're going to have to play crazy defense in the second half.
There's a chance Gonzaga could play tight if it stays close. Coach Cal, who has been undefeated late in the year a few times, said on Game Day that it can be like a weight on you that guys start thinking about if it's not a blowout.

Well, you see the blue print for Gozaga, make them play half court. They want to push it and yeah they'll make some plays in the half court, they just look more comfortable otherwise.

Vinovich is the only other guy I know of who does that. Steratore was made for what he does now.
Vinovich was the specific one I was thinking of. I remember he reffed a game in Boulder like the week after he did the super bowl. I really thought there were several others.

Back