What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 CU Regent Races

patebuff

Club Member
Club Member
I see there are a couple threads in the CU news and Olympic sports thread but think this will be more relevant on the football page.

I took this from the 247 board and h/t to ArgentumEtAurum

Since the media likely will not report these races on Wednesday, here are the expected results of the Regent races:

CD1 - Wanda James won comfortably over Amy Naes

CD4 - Frank McNulty beat Jack Barrington by a 60-40 margin

CD6 - Ken Montera easily beat Rob Casados to finish his term

CD8 - Mark VanDriel holds a 3,500 vote lead over Yolanda Ortega. This is huge as Ortega was endorsed by Linda Shoemaker. If this result holds, we will put three very solid pro-athletic Regents on the board.

I see there are a couple threads in the CU news and Olympic sports thread but think this will be more relevant on the football page.

I took this from the 247 board and h/t to ArgentumEtAurum
Is the board flipping red? that could cause some upheaval.

I want to give the Dem BoR a chance.

Pub control gave us Benson/Kennedy, DiStefano and George.

I like the momentum of change started with Saliman and want to see this play out with him getting an ally as CU-B Chancellor followed by a new AD. I want to roll with it and give things a chance.

I’d imagine the BoR would take their lead from the President as far as athletics is concerned. Athletics are basically self funded. Where the BoR may come into play would be admissions, transfers, etc. But I’d still think Saliman would carry a lot of weight.

The Wanda is anti football stuff I believe is quite overblown. She had family play for CU. Good results in the other regent races though
You could be totally right-but there's a really easy way for her to put an end to that talk and she hasn't done it.

I know it's hard for some people to wrap their heads around someone being progressive, even woke, and still being a big sports fan or even not being a fan but loving the impact on revenue, diversity and opportunity.

But try not to make assumptions.

In the interest of fairness, I will also not make assumptions. It's very possible that a GOP controlled BoR putting Benson (R) in place after Hawkins' bowl season, that Benson then calling off the Chancellor search to focus on Phil as the only candidate in 2009, that the absolute deterioration of CU in academics and athletics for over a decade, and that the new momentum only occurring after the Dems took over the BoR and replaced another GOP politician who had been installed as President... that all of this is coincidental and a Republican is potentially capable of steering a university or delivering good football.

Wanda seems 100% behind Prime. There has obviously been a shift within the BOR regarding athletics and you have to assume Saliman and the amount of negative messages they were receiving this year were the primary reasons for the changes. You have to fill pretty confident going forward that this can be sustained

FYI,

In the up coming regent race there is a former buff running:

https://www.cj4cu.com/
Regent at large. Awesome.

Damn. In the last year or so, we’ve gotten Saliman as President (huge plus), hired coach Prime (ginormous plus), shed Kroll as regent (definite plus), Phil announces his retirement (bout ****ing time), Plati retires (some might debate this, but I consider it a huge plus) and now CJ is running for Regent?

**** me, this school might actually get its **** together after wandering in the wilderness for the last 20 years.

Back