What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a week or two of left on the calendar for new entrants into the transfer portal until after spring practices as schools will start their spring semesters soon. CU starts next Monday, 1/10.

At the minimum, need a LT for spring ball. Looks like it is going to be another practice style spring game.

We've seen portal entries in several positions the one we haven't is at RB (other than Clayton to me was a given), with the signing of Venn (if he was recruited as a RB) I'm beginning to wonder which RB(s) on the current roster will be entering the portal this Spring?
Fontenot comes up first & Davis.
I think Smith stays based on his late season rise in the # of carries.

Arizona bitc* slapping CU in HS and Transfer Portal Recruiting this year should put the nail in the coffin to any posters on this board that still defend Buff’s recruiting with BS excuses I have seen here over the years.

1. once CU strings together some winning seasons the recruits will come. Arizona has won like 1 game in 2 years.
2. they are a historically good team just down for a year. Arizona is not obviously.
3. who wouldn’t want to go to XYZ beach near that school. Tucson is a dump.
4. well it’s ok, a degree from an academic school like that is worth a lot. Without bothering to look up rankings I would bet Arizona is pretty average or below in all academic areas.

Feel free to add if I missed any. As a college program you either choose to focus on recruiting or you don’t. Obviously most know where CU is at here.

I nope Arizona is doing things the right way. You don't go from an awful year and then have that kind of turn around in recruiting in a short period of time. Didn't have the same level of success recruiting his first year. So I assume they are doing things the right way.

Arizona bitc* slapping CU in HS and Transfer Portal Recruiting this year should put the nail in the coffin to any posters on this board that still defend Buff’s recruiting with BS excuses I have seen here over the years.

1. once CU strings together some winning seasons the recruits will come. Arizona has won like 1 game in 2 years.
2. they are a historically good team just down for a year. Arizona is not obviously.
3. who wouldn’t want to go to XYZ beach near that school. Tucson is a dump.
4. well it’s ok, a degree from an academic school like that is worth a lot. Without bothering to look up rankings I would bet Arizona is pretty average or below in all academic areas.

Feel free to add if I missed any. As a college program you either choose to focus on recruiting or you don’t. Obviously most know where CU is at here.
Everything but #4. UA is a very solid school.

Arizona obviously has some great recruiters on their staff. Arizona shows urgency and places emphasis with recruiting.

My biggest gripe with KD is nothing seems to be urgent. I'm not sure if it is paralysis by analysis or something else. Most teams seem to be half way down the track in the transfer portal while CU is just getting out of the blocks. It could just be that completing his staff has been the only focus. I want see passion, enthusiasm, effort and most off all results with recruiting and the transfer portal.

I nope Arizona is doing things the right way. You don't go from an awful year and then have that kind of turn around in recruiting in a short period of time. Didn't have the same level of success recruiting his first year. So I assume they are doing things the right way.
The edit button could be your best friend, if you let it.

Do we think we will land any decent transfers? I really am beginning to doubt it. Program is dead.

We got some good portal players last year under Dorell. 2 OLs, Barnes, Lamb, etc.
I’d be shocked if CU recruiting can’t come up with a few dimes this time around. Numbers favor schools in need. We have needs.

There are a week or two of left on the calendar for new entrants into the transfer portal until after spring practices as schools will start their spring semesters soon. CU starts next Monday, 1/10.
CU suspended classes until 1/21. Does that effect the team?

CU did not suspend classes, the spring semester starts on Monday 1/10. CU has gone to 100% remote learning for the first two weeks of the semester, the first day students are to attend classes in the classroom is Monday, 1/24.
And that 1/24 date is now up in the air. I know personally, 5-6 students who are done with paying for online classes and dorms they are not allowed in and are transferring. It has become a big issue up there recently. Between how things were handled last year and now the possibility the school may go back to virtual again this Spring, people are not happy. I wonder if that becomes a consideration for player transfers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back