What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
No place to put this... there's a QB named Klubnik in this HS all- star game on nbc right now who just dropped a 40 yard dime into the corner of the end zone for a TD. He looks really good. Lots of great looking players in this game.

Football is a big money maker. But CU revenue is already low and will have more expenses if they start paying players. CU will have no other choice but to cut football, Yes I think cuttimg football in that scenario will allow CU to add more sports, Can pivot to Basketball to be the big money maker. The other sports don't cost as much and can leverage TV renenue and ticket sales to stay afloat. But most likely it won't be a wholesale change. Probably will start with something like baseball and softball.
Ok listen: CU can’t afford baseball, softball or hockey now, and the sports we do have are primarily funded by football revenue. So now you cut the biggest revenue generator the AD has and you think Basketball can not only pick up the tab for every other sport, but generate more revenue in order to add new sports? Do you see how dumb that sounds?

Football is a big money maker. But CU revenue is already low and will have more expenses if they start paying players. CU will have no other choice but to cut football, Yes I think cuttimg football in that scenario will allow CU to add more sports, Can pivot to Basketball to be the big money maker. The other sports don't cost as much and can leverage TV renenue and ticket sales to stay afloat. But most likely it won't be a wholesale change. Probably will start with something like baseball and softball.

Uh... wow.

I think a lot of schools would end up cutting football.

It has to be kept in mind that if they pay they will have to pay at least minimum wage plus things like workman's comp, etc. Players would have to be paid for all mandatory time including practice, meetings, lifting, travel, etc.

Also pay football players and with title IX the school also has to pay all women athletes and would in effect end up paying all athletes.

What we would probably see is a lot of schools moving down in classification unless there was a legal mandate requiring all schools to pay in which case you would see the end of almost all D2, FCS, and most G5 schools along with a number of P5 schools

Exactly, any discussion about paying players has to start with title IX. Do you pay all varsity athletes? Do you pay all athletes and football players the same? Do players still get tuition covered or would that be considered part of their salary? I'm not against paying players but it's not that simple.

Exactly, any discussion about paying players has to start with title IX. Do you pay all varsity athletes? Do you pay all athletes and football players the same? Do players still get tuition covered or would that be considered part of their salary? I'm not against paying players but it's not that simple.
Title IX is the real reason why NIL is the solution for player compensation. The schools don’t have to foot the bill and everyone gets a crack at an NIL deal, regardless of sex.

I nope Arizona is doing things the right way. You don't go from an awful year and then have that kind of turn around in recruiting in a short period of time. Didn't have the same level of success recruiting his first year. So I assume they are doing things the right way.
Well they've got a lot of kids they can recruit over because Sumlin didn't give a **** about it his last two years in Tucson.

NCAA need to make changes. If you are going to transfer in conference you should seat out a year. Exceptions can be made if you are kicked off the team or have a life changing event. There is no way the current sytstem promotes fair competition. Also schools shouldn't be involved directly or indirectly in finding NIl deals. Can't promise a NIL in recruiting. The player can find his own NIL deals.

I want to live in BB2’s universe. Where reality means nothing and the only stuff that matters are delusional rantings. Let me rephrase- I don’t want to actually live there, but I’d really like to visit.

Shocked Futurama GIF

I want to live in BB2’s universe. Where reality means nothing and the only stuff that matters are delusional rantings. Let me rephrase- I don’t want to actually live there, but I’d really like to visit.
Shrooms GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back