What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023-24 Coaching Carousel (Fitzgerald out, DC Braun interim at Northwestern)

Removing the interim tag to make it permanent is brutal, imo.
???

not sure I get this one. He seems at least as good as who else would likely be available to them on the market, given that they outscored #3, #4, and #7 in their conference 116-49 in his three games and won the conference title.

???

not sure I get this one. He seems at least as good as who else would likely be available to them on the market, given that they outscored #3, #4, and #7 in their conference 116-49 in his three games and won the conference title.
I get it. It’s just not exciting for the fan base. It probably keeps the same coaching staff around for the most part while just removing the head coach. There always seems to be some kind of dead cat bounce when a HC gets fired and players rally around the interim.

It’s hard to go with someone else after the 3 game stretch that he had, but removing the interim tag just feels uninspiring.

I don't think it happens this offseason, but I could see Kirby Smart retiring (if only for 2-3 years) after next season.

SEC is going to be tougher with OU & Texas then you have those UGA players auditioning for NASCAR on those GA roads.

I get it. It’s just not exciting for the fan base. It probably keeps the same coaching staff around for the most part while just removing the head coach. There always seems to be some kind of dead cat bounce when a HC gets fired and players rally around the interim.

It’s hard to go with someone else after the 3 game stretch that he had, but removing the interim tag just feels uninspiring.
The last time BSU "just" removed the interim tag, they got Chris Petersen while sealing our fate in Hawk futility.

The last time BSU "just" removed the interim tag, they got Chris Petersen while sealing our fate in Hawk futility.
One of the reasons that Boise has been able to stay consistently near the top of the MWC and among the best G5 teams is that they have developed a culture and a system, not only of playing but of recruiting, developing talent, and filling the coaching staff that works very well for them in their situation.

Most of their coaches over the past couple decades have been hires of guys from within the system and it has worked very well for them. Don't think their fans will be disappointed at all.

ATM has an $11 million dollar assistant coaching budget
I’ve said for years now that the priority for resources at CU should be HC/AC salary pools as the rest will take care of itself if you bring in great coaches and players.

The amount of revenue Prime has generated for CU should have them in that $12m-$15m range for HC/AC pool, IMO. It should be the top priority for the football budget.

Back