What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023-24 Coaching Carousel (Fitzgerald out, DC Braun interim at Northwestern)

Indiana has a pool full of money and low expectations, would be my dream job as well.
Super League Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

😂😂😂😂

Life comes at you fast. He never imagined he'd get an opportunity at that dream job of coaching Indiana football.

"Yeah, I just totally lost control of my decision making ability. Was it a psychogenic fugue? Why am I no longer the coach of JMU when everything was perfect there? I just woke asking, how do I work this, where is that large automobile, this is not my beautiful house, this not my beautiful wife. Am I just an asshole?"

It goes to show you that media and fans only want to hear coaches telling the truth until they actually do (like Prime). Then they want them back to ridiculous lies that don't ruffle any feathers.
there's a middle ground of being truthful while also being silent on certain subjects

"honest to the point of recklessness" is a thing

What will happen to Jay Johnson?, I guess sparty fan wasn't big on him. Funny they have had two of our cast-offs

Michigan is crazy if they don't promote Moore in the event Harbaugh leaves. Dude has more top ten wins as an interim HC than most full-time HCs in the country have achieved.
Don't you at least give Kalen DeBoer a call after that answer he gave on other jobs a couple weeks ago?

Always sucks when someone who loves a place and has an extensive history there doesn't work out as HC. He was almost 20 years before leaving for a bit to coach in the Pac-12 prior to getting the HC gig in 2022.

Very good coach, but maybe not suited for the captain's chair.
This is a big deal in my mind about someone being a coordinator only up to a certain point and then becoming head guy.
Coaches who want to be Head Coaches should go and take a lower less stressful position in FCS or G5, and then should spend 3 years killing it and then move up and up and up.

EXAMPLE: Ron Rivera is gonna get fired in DC, then EB is going to likely get relieved, so then what does he do?
He needs to go back to College and be an HC and show that he has the organizational skills, temperament, and leadership to make a winner happen, and then he can get back into the NFL, especially since his offense and their record are not good.

This is a big deal in my mind about someone being a coordinator only up to a certain point and then becoming head guy.
Coaches who want to be Head Coaches should go and take a lower less stressful position in FCS or G5, and then should spend 3 years killing it and then move up and up and up.

EXAMPLE: Ron Rivera is gonna get fired in DC, then EB is going to likely get relieved, so then what does he do?
He needs to go back to College and be an HC and show that he has the organizational skills, temperament, and leadership to make a winner happen, and then he can get back into the NFL, especially since his offense and their record are not good.

Don't ever try a new career as an agent for coaches.

I don't think it happens this offseason, but I could see Kirby Smart retiring (if only for 2-3 years) after next season.

Back