What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Colorado Football Schedule & Future Schedules

hokiehead

Discussing music so others might think I'm human
Club Member
2024 Schedule:

DateTime (MT)OpponentLocationBroadcastResult
Thu, 8/29North Dakota StateBoulder, CO
Sat, 9/7NebraskaLincoln, NE
Sat, 9/14Colorado StateFort Collins, CO
Sat, 9/21BaylorBoulder, CO
Sat, 9/28UCFOrlando, FL
Sat, 10/12Kansas StateBoulder, CO
Sat, 10/19ArizonaTucson, AZ
Sat, 10/26CincinnatiBoulder, CO
Sat, 11/9Texas TechLubbock, TX
Sat, 11/16UtahBoulder, CO
Sat, 11/23KansasKansas City, MO
Fri, 11/29Oklahoma StateBoulder, CO
Sat, 12/7Big XII Championship GameArlington, TX

sources:

Last edited:

• 09/02 - UMass
  • 09/09 - at Florida
  • 09/16 - Northern Colorado

• 08/30 - Missouri
  • 09/06 - at SMU
  • 09/13 - Northern Colorado

• n/a

Last edited:
2024 Schedule:

Sat, 8/31North Dakota StateBoulder, CO
Big XII Championship GameArlington, TX

Home conference games:
  • Arizona
  • Texas Tech
  • Kansas
  • Central Florida
Away conference games:
  • Utah
  • Baylor
  • Oklahoma State
  • Kansas State
  • Cincinnati

sources:
Your home and away are switched for conference games.

Hey @hokiehead thanks for putting this together. Did some searching and it doesn't seem like they've announced when the schedule (actual game dates for the Big XII) will come out for 2024. Is that your same conclusion, a big TBD at the moment?

Hey @hokiehead thanks for putting this together. Did some searching and it doesn't seem like they've announced when the schedule (actual game dates for the Big XII) will come out for 2024. Is that your same conclusion, a big TBD at the moment?
Yep. Like the NFL releasing what teams play each other in Jan but no dates until Spring.

I briefly looked and didn't see a release date for 2024 schedule yet.

Should be done this month or next month.

2024 Schedule:

Sat, 8/31North Dakota StateBoulder, CO
Big XII Championship GameArlington, TX

Away conference games:
  • Arizona
  • Texas Tech
  • Kansas
  • Central Florida
Home conference games:
  • Utah
  • Baylor
  • Oklahoma State
  • Kansas State
  • Cincinnati

sources:
We need to dump one of the current 2024 Non-Con games. There have been rumors. Any new news? I'd say let CSU fvck right off.

We need to dump one of the current 2024 Non-Con games. There have been rumors. Any new news? I'd say let CSU fvck right off.
This non-con is such bad scheduling. NDSU was a mistake, we should beat them but it's gonna take way more effort than scheduling like a MAC team would.

The other mistake was not getting the CSU and Nebraska home and away dates split up. Two consecutive road games in extremely hostile environments against teams as hungry as it gets to take you down is tough for any team, you'd never see an SEC or B1G program attempt that.

Even if we could drop the CSU game, could you imagine the narrative? 'Scared to go play in the Fort!' We just have to go and beat the **** out of them.

This non-con is such bad scheduling. NDSU was a mistake, we should beat them but it's gonna take way more effort than scheduling like a MAC team would.

The other mistake was not getting the CSU and Nebraska home and away dates split up. Two consecutive road games in extremely hostile environments against teams as hungry as it gets to take you down is tough for any team, you'd never see an SEC or B1G program attempt that.

Even if we could drop the CSU game, could you imagine the narrative? 'Scared to go play in the Fort!' We just have to go and beat the **** out of them.
NDSU terrifies me. They have been a top program in the FCS for a long time…and they are still playing in the playoffs.

Plus we play them right before two rivalry games.

NDSU terrifies me. They have been a top program in the FCS for a long time…and they are still playing in the playoffs.

They're a little down (as in they didn't win another natty), but I agree. If we're looking for an FCS team to beat to a pulp......the one in Greeley is an absolute disaster.

Play them.

Totally agree, and this is not a new problem. During Mel’s year here we opened with CSU, Nebraska and Air Force. I said before the season we would probably lose to AF. They opened with an FCS opponent and then had a bye. They spent 6 months practicing to beat us while we were focused on CSU and Nebraska. That AF loss was scheduled.

Time Machine:

TCU terrifies me. They played in the national championship game last season.

lol aside, nobody expected us to beat TCU. Everyone expects Colorado to beat an FCS team.

CU has always been one to schedule tough OOC games. Can’t believe how weak you fans are getting. Be proud, P2 schools are too scared to do it. Willing to play anyone anywhere is what winners think.
Honest question: why would Colorado want to put itself at a greater disadvantage than it already is?

I loved our old tough schedules, but as FSU showed, there is absolutely no reason to do so.

Totally agree, and this is not a new problem. During Mel’s year here we opened with CSU, Nebraska and Air Force. I said before the season we would probably lose to AF. They opened with an FCS opponent and then had a bye. They spent 6 months practicing to beat us while we were focused on CSU and Nebraska. That AF loss was scheduled.
That home and home with AFA was a good thing. Needed to put the Vietnam era stuff that caused the 40 year gap between games to bed. That isn't going to become a regular thing, and you guys should really stop flipping out over it.

They play an FCS game to open, Army and Navy every year, and they'll play OSU or WSU as long as the Pac 2/MWC arrangement goes on. Effectively, they have one OOC slot a year. This is a non-issue.

As far as NDSU........if that's a loss, I'd have serious questions about the direction of this program.

Last edited:
That home and home with AFA was a good thing. Needed to put the Vietnam era stuff that caused the 40 year gap between games to bed. That isn't going to become a regular thing, and you guys should really stop flipping out over it.

They play an FCS game to open, Army and Navy every year, and they'll play OSU or WSU as long as the Pac 2/MWC arrangement goes on. Effectively, they have one OOC slot a year. This is a non-issue.

As far as NDSU........if that's a loss, I'd have serious questions about the direction of this program.
I have no problem scheduling the game but some thought needs to be put into when those games are played. Similarly, it’s dumb to play CSU the week after Nebraska. It’s just common sense. Like Coach Mac said about 35 years ago, “what goes up must come down.” You don’t schedule the team that most wants to beat you the week after your rivalry game. It almost cost us the CSU game this year. Yes, we should win that game regardless, but why would we give our opponents any edge?

I'll admit I'm a bit worried about North Dakota State. Probably reverberations from Montana State years ago.

Any thoughts on what North Dakota state equals in power 5 football? Something like Illinois?

I'll admit I'm a bit worried about North Dakota State. Probably reverberations from Montana State years ago.

Any thoughts on what North Dakota state equals in power 5 football? Something like Illinois?
UCF, UH, Cin, and BYU were the best G5 programs in the country and the first year they moved up to P5, they went 6-6, 4-8, 3-9 and 5-7 respectively, and you’re trying to compare an FCS program to a B1G program that went 5-7?

NDSU would likely go 2-10 if it jumped to the P5 level next year and played a full season. However, when it has all offseason to prep for a P5 program and it’s just one game, they can definitely pull an upset.

CU’s talent will be far superior to theirs, but it’ll be week one with a new coordinator and new players together for the first time.

Back