What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Colorado football schedule released

I just saw that, wonder how the Chiefs field will make it through the season, likely gonna need new turf mid-season

EDIT: This is the EASIEST schedule in the league! No Oklahoma State, No Utah, and No Arizona, WTF

View attachment 69472
That schedule sets up nicely for them, although it's worht pointing out that they have to go on the road for one more game than they are home.

Also, I know that they haven't exactly had the world's biggest homefield advantage in Lawrence historically, but it's brutal that they're playing their "home" conference games in Arrowhead. We complain about how far from campus Empower is, but Arrowhead is like twice as far from KU as Empower is from CU.

Probably the best option for a good Thanksgiving matchup and maybe a renewed rivalry. No other real option at this point
I'm glad we didn't get OSU formally aligned as a rivalry annual game so we can rotate more frequently through FL, TX, and AZ for recruiting purposes.

That being said, any year OSU is on the schedule, I'm totally down for it being the last game of the season.

Last edited:
i like the set up of the conf slate much better than the ooc lineup.

we really need to start fast-- ndsu is as good of a lower division team as you can play, the fuskers in lincoln is going to be a test, and of course the trap game in that dump of a stadium in fort **** these guys.

i have mixed feelings at best about our new conference. i look at the schedule and every game looks winnable and losable. as i have said before, this is the first time ever in my life that we haven't had any dragons to slay in conference. others say that we are the dragon. i hope that is true and we do the b12 what Clemson and fsu have done to their **** ass conference.

They should be favored in at least 4 of them, maybe all 5, although I have my doubts that the books will favor CU over Nebraska in Lincoln. There's a good chance of being 5-0, IMO, and if they are going to have the season they think they can have, they need to be.
Yeah, at first glance it’s a default to figure the Buffs going 5-0, and I did at first, but then I threw a very possible 1 loss in there. I think the game in Lincoln could be a dog fight.

Has it been clearly determined whether or not Wilkerson is returning at RB?

Yeah, at first glance it’s a default to figure the Buffs going 5-0, and I did at first, but then I threw a very possible 1 loss in there. I think the game in Lincoln could be a dog fight.

Has it been clearly determined whether or not Wilkerson is returning at RB?
Yes he is back, so they are 4 deep at that position. I think CU is the clear favorite over Nebraska, but I don't think that's how the public or books will view it. On one hand, it's in Lincoln and CU won't be able to count on 4 fumbles from Nebraska's QB. On the other hand, Nebraska's QB1 is likely going to be a true freshman making his second start, against a much improved defense over last season's CU D. Oh, and I also think Shedeur, Hunter, and a revamped OL (among others) will prove to be a much improved unit over last year.

Of course, I say this without really knowing who is all coming back for Nebraska's defense that was actually pretty solid last year.

Yes he is back, so they are 4 deep at that position. I think CU is the clear favorite over Nebraska, but I don't think that's how the public or books will view it. On one hand, it's in Lincoln and CU won't be able to count on 4 fumbles from Nebraska's QB. On the other hand, Nebraska's QB1 is likely going to be a true freshman making his second start, against a much improved defense over last season's CU D. Oh, and I also think Shedeur, Hunter, and a revamped OL (among others) will prove to be a much improved unit over last year.

Of course, I say this without really knowing who is all coming back for Nebraska's defense that was actually pretty solid last year.
I’m also really interested in seeing which new Buff WRs (or TEs) break out early.

Don't sleep on NDSU. I think they are bringing back a fair amount of their roster and have a QB who is accurate and a QB who is a sledgehammer as a runner. Their OL/DL puts out an NFL type guy about every other year. They did go through a Head Coaching change and OC change I believe. Rumor is the Head Coach was getting run out of Fargo for back-to-back multi loss seasons. That being said it will probably be a matchup of styles. Run Game/Ground Control vs Athletes of CU.

Ideally CU gets ahead early as I don't see NDSU being able to win a game where they are in known passing situations. If you wint the Coin Toss. Take the Ball and try to get out in front.

I do think Kansas State should be an easier game this year with their stud QB heading on out.

For weather purposes I think it'd have been ideal if the KU and UCF games were flipped.
Plus, we were planning on road tripping for the KU game but now its the week before Thanksgiving and can't swing it. Was looking forward to Arrowhead and some KC bbq.

Don't sleep on NDSU. I think they are bringing back a fair amount of their roster and have a QB who is accurate and a QB who is a sledgehammer as a runner. Their OL/DL puts out an NFL type guy about every other year. They did go through a Head Coaching change and OC change I believe. Rumor is the Head Coach was getting run out of Fargo for back-to-back multi loss seasons. That being said it will probably be a matchup of styles. Run Game/Ground Control vs Athletes of CU.

Ideally CU gets ahead early as I don't see NDSU being able to win a game where they are in known passing situations. If you wint the Coin Toss. Take the Ball and try to get out in front.

I do think Kansas State should be an easier game this year with their stud QB heading on out.

That is NDSU football where the QB is used in the running game and looking at their stats, two of their QBs combined for about 1,300 yards rushing last season. And yes the former HC was run out of town for not winning enough and especially losing all their games against their Dakota rivals during the regular season. They did get revenge against South Dakota but the Coyotes still beat the Bison in Fargo and USD is perceived to be the weakest Dakota school.

The running QB thing will be a good test for upcoming games at UCF with that Arky QB transfer who is a big dude and KSU who is coached by a former NDSU head coach.

And that KSU QB transferred to Ohio State because he was being overtaken by a frosh QB who will be KSU's full time starter this season. While you said don't sleep on NDSU, I'd say you are sleeping on KSU when you shouldn't be.

The two byes are a little weird, but they give you natural points to break down the season into single periods. I think that approach is quite common in the NFL.

That Okie State game is also on a Friday.

Two byes is because of the calendar.

About the only thing I don't like (small complaint) is the UCF trip being where it is. Would much rather go there in November.

I can see a 5-0 start.

Last edited:
My uninformed opinion is that Utah's path to the conference championship doesn't look that difficult (other than us).

https://big12sports.com/images/2024/1/30/b12_footballschedule_grid_1_04_KN_AT_V4_50.png?width=1416&height=797&mode=crop&scale=both&format=jpg&quality=80

Looking at the other B12 boards to see their schedule reactions and it looks like 6-8 teams are all convinced they are going 10-2 or 11-1 and winning the league this year.

My uninformed opinion is that Utah's path to the conference championship doesn't look that difficult (other than us).

It ain't so bad after the game in Stillwater against a school that has been in the Big 12 CCG two times in the last three years. I hope OSU punches their faces as a way of welcoming them to the Big 12.

Back