What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Colorado football schedule released

The NDSU ex HC parlayed it into AHC at USC.

I love Nodak but Fargo is a ****ing ****hole.

Good for him for getting out.
Dude. Fargo is paradise compared to Grand Forks. Dont try to argue it. I’ve been to both.

I'm guessing this is another ESPN spring game. There's no way this one gets televised on the P12N because it's about dead and it would be awkward having Big 12 logos instead of Pac-12 logos on the football field while being shown on the P12N.

The NDSU ex HC parlayed it into AHC at USC.

I love Nodak but Fargo is a ****ing ****hole.

Good for him for getting out.
Without researching it...isn't he AHC / LB Coach. I do believe he received a pay raise and its a better job to develop your recruiting ties to become a bigger head coach someday. But outside of salary...which it sounds like NDSU will pay more to retain the right person. I think he was on the Hot Seat and he won't be a Head Coach for some time again and then it will be at a place equivalent to a NDSU in program prestige or worse.

Without researching it...isn't he AHC / LB Coach. I do believe he received a pay raise and its a better job to develop your recruiting ties to become a bigger head coach someday. But outside of salary...which it sounds like NDSU will pay more to retain the right person. I think he was on the Hot Seat and he won't be a Head Coach for some time again and then it will be at a place equivalent to a NDSU in program prestige or worse.

Option A: get fired as HC of NDSU

Option B: leave and take a great P2 2nd in command position.

Looks pretty good.

Is it crazy to think away game in Nub land? Is it impossible to get tickets in anything near our section (not a season guy)? Or is it just crazy to go from Sweden to see us kill some nub ass? Does Lincoln even have an airport?

You can say you’ve been to both.

As someone who has lived in both, I can promise you Fargo is far worse.

Grand forks is an oasis in the red river valley.
I lived in Fargo for 6 months. Grand Forks is a freaking wasteland.

Option A: get fired as HC of NDSU

Option B: leave and take a great P2 2nd in command position.
I don't think he was going to get fired but he was on the Hot Seat...I'd take Option B also. He is getting a pay raise that probably has less stress involved. I'd argue a LB coach isn't second in command and that its by title only.

Either way I don't think CU should sleep on NDSU who always comes out fundamentally sound, rarely turns the ball over or gives games away, and will definitely try to beat us by kicking us in the teeth/smashmouth style with play action leaking out to their TE's and RB's.

I don't think he was going to get fired but he was on the Hot Seat...I'd take Option B also. He is getting a pay raise that probably has less stress involved. I'd argue a LB coach isn't second in command and that its by title only.

Either way I don't think CU should sleep on NDSU who always comes out fundamentally sound, rarely turns the ball over or gives games away, and will definitely try to beat us by kicking us in the teeth/smashmouth style with play action leaking out to their TE's and RB's.

He was getting fired if he didn’t leave.

It’s not really a discussion, it’s a fact.

Program has been in decline for years now, and after 10/14/23 he was a dead man walking in Fargo.

Program has been in decline for years now, and after 10/14/23 he was a dead man walking in Fargo.
Dead Man Walking in Fargo would be a good Allbuffs handle. Or the name of a 1950s western movie.

And I agree with you - he was a dead man walking after losing those MVC conference games.

EDIT: IMO the best urban area in NoDak is Bismarck/Mandan......

Last edited:

Dude…he was going to get fired so he left. Simple as that.

I haven't heard from any NDSU fans I know that he was for sure getting fired. So, I didn't know his seat was that Hot. Either way he landed somewhere for more pay apparently. Bravo to his agent for that.

Dude…he was going to get fired so he left. Simple as that.
We can debate all we want about the state of NDSU football, but here's the thing with that program: They had a six game winning streak against the FBS that was snapped against Arizona IIRC in 2022. They aren't going to roll over. This isn't going to be like Idaho State in 2016 where the game was in hand after the first quarter.

Sports Psychology 101: The longer you let somebody you know you're better than stay in a game against, the more they believe. Dream scenario here would be CU up 21-0 after a quarter.

Fwiw, I read in a few places that Entz was in danger of his seat getting very hot very quickly if he dropped multiple conference games again in '24. He got out at the right time and will probably parlay USC into a very good P4 DC job.

We can debate all we want about the state of NDSU football, but here's the thing with that program: They had a six game winning streak against the FBS that was snapped against Arizona IIRC in 2022. They aren't going to roll over. This isn't going to be like Idaho State in 2016 where the game was in hand after the first quarter.

Sports Psychology 101: The longer you let somebody you know you're better than stay in a game against, the more they believe. Dream scenario here would be CU up 21-0 after a quarter.

Not expecting a cakewalk against the Bison and it wouldn't shock me if NDSU ends up being the toughest OOC game CU plays this year. We dominated the Nubs last year and CU's players will be more focused against CSU.

Being up 21-0 is a likely outcome. I don't think NDSU is equipped to score quickly and they are more of a grind you down team. Their defenses are usually very good and that is a big part of why they won nine FCS championships. The Buffs D can just go after the Bison QB for the rest of the game as long as they keep that QB in front of them.

Entz would have landed somewhere. I'm a UNC alum, and I'd have wanted them to dump Ed Lamb or whatever his name for him.

Entz does have NDSU on his resume but I don't think he's a program builder. He'd have not liked UNC's OOC schedule this year either and that's the hardest one I have seen UNC take on. I'm not going to waste my time following them this year.

Fwiw, I read in a few places that Entz was in danger of his seat getting very hot very quickly if he dropped multiple conference games again in '24. He got out at the right time and will probably parlay USC into a very good P4 DC job.

NDSU the last few years under Entz did remind me of Nebraska under Solich. They were winning games but you know a decline is on the way. What got Solich fired in 2023 was getting whooped at home by Kansas State. NDSU lost to South Dakota at home the weakest Dakota school and especially after blowing them out at least the last few years. And going 0-3 against your Dakota rivals as well. All with a 63 scholarship player team that had more than 30 seniors and super seniors. There's no convincing anyone that follows NDSU football that a decline hasn't occurred and a change has to be seriously considered. Any smart coach would have left like Entz did in that situation.

Ideally, a 29-0 lead at halftime.

Too soon?

Back