What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 CU Buffs Football Eligibility Chart

Agreed. Feels like incremental improvement versus an overhaul.
It's definitely an overhaul. We literally replaced two horrible guards with three potential draft picks.

RT is legit finally.

C is probably the only position where we aren't sure we upgraded. That said, one of the guards can move to center.

LT is obviously upgraded in terms of backups. Houston is much better than Jatta based on last year but is he an upgrade over Tank, possibly but not really.

Seaton would be massive. A transfer that's a legit starter would be massive.

Sound like 60% of the line is done. Until it’s 80% we are still failing.

It's definitely an overhaul. We literally replaced two horrible guards with three potential draft picks.

RT is legit finally.

C is probably the only position where we aren't sure we upgraded. That said, one of the guards can move to center.

LT is obviously upgraded in terms of backups. Houston is much better than Jatta based on last year but is he an upgrade over Tank, possibly but not really.

Seaton would be massive. A transfer that's a legit starter would be massive.
Who is the projected RT? Johnson?

Alright so removing Bradford, Lewis and McCrimmon, but adding Phillip Houston (who I think is a guy with 2 to play 1??), I think we are at 79 total right now with Seaton putting us at 80. Sounds like there are two more VERY high quality transfers who are likely coming but haven't announced, so we're at 81/82ish at the moment.

I will say that as it currently stands, if they lose Seaton to go with the loss of Matthew Bedford that amazing OL starting five and depth takes a pretty big hit, IMO. I like Mayers, Brown, Johnson, Benson and think Savion can be a solid starter, but I have no real faith in anyone else in the OL room right now.

I think they have to add another 2-3 OL
I saw a rumor of one legit transfer… where is the second one coming from?

OL was questionable coming into 23 and was clearly the weakest link on the team. They were historically bad, and that’s saying something because this program has had some really awful OLs.

Going into 24, it’s still questionable and, along with LB and the DL, the weakest link on the team. That has an ominously familiar ring to it.

I’ll feel better when the OL isn’t questionable. Average would be refreshing.

McClellan from Florida and LB from FSU are who have been rumored
And this is the crux: If Seaton's cost to be here equates to these two proven players going elsewhere, then you have to hold the line (ooh, that's a good song).

Hopefully the staff can capitalize on CU's (and the individual players / peripheral personalities) social media presence which can generate potential revenue for future players. ie...here's a bag and an enterprising opportunity to gain a social media presence, sponsorship, branding, etc...

And this is the crux: If Seaton's cost to be here equates to these two proven players going elsewhere, then you have to hold the line (ooh, that's a good song).

Hopefully the staff can capitalize on CU's (and the individual players / peripheral personalities) social media presence which can generate potential revenue for future players. ie...here's a bag and an enterprising opportunity to gain a social media presence, sponsorship, branding, etc...
I don’t think it’s one or the other. I think the staff thought they had a great chance to flip McRoy and maybe one other, add Seaton, and pop a few transfer surprises.

Obviously didn’t flip anyone and the others are TBD, but I think that’s how they thought they were going to close out the class going into Spring.

I don’t think it’s one or the other. I think the staff thought they had a great chance to flip McRoy and maybe one other, add Seaton, and pop a few transfer surprises.

Obviously didn’t flip anyone and the others are TBD, but I think that’s how they thought they were going to close out the class going into Spring.
FWIW I was told they were working both McRoy and Green hard down the stretch and thought they had a pretty good shot at getting at least one. In the end it was the pull of home for Green and UO increased the bag quite a bit for McRoy.

I take back my previous post. Congrats to Jordan Seaton for making it official. Welcome to Buff Nation. I hope that you love CU, Boulder and everything your career/college life has to offer. Many expect you to plug in and play LT on day 1, however I'll have patience for you to grow and settle in. All the while, hoping that you stay 3-4 successful years here, and journey onto the NFL. We have waited on a 5* Olineman for decades, so we are rejoicing.

Last edited:
Have you listened to this from Seaton yesterday. I'm still in shock. After hearing that, even if he comes to CU, I don't see him as a plug-and-play. He sounds like a kid.

I heard Prime may be waiting for a few transfers to enter the portal after their NY Bowl game. That may fill the class for now. Also, there should be more attrition for the Spring portal window.

He is young. He is exceptionally gifted. He’s also in a whirlwind with people offering him major money.

Have you listened to this from Seaton yesterday. I'm still in shock. After hearing that, even if he comes to CU, I don't see him as a plug-and-play. He sounds like a kid.

I heard Prime may be waiting for a few transfers to enter the portal after their NY Bowl game. That may fill the class for now. I am presuming Big Sav stays and competes for a starting position, yesterday someone mentioned he was good until he got hurt/banged up. I think for those lineman jumping up a division, the season against P65 teams wore them down. Also, there should be more attrition for the Spring portal window.

He is a kid...some of you all should like spend some time around high schoolers or college students, they are all kids.

I heard Prime may be waiting for a few transfers to enter the portal after their NY Bowl game. That may fill the class for now. I am presuming Big Sav stays and competes for a starting position, yesterday someone mentioned he was good until he got hurt/banged up. I think for those lineman jumping up a division, the season against P65 teams wore them down. Also, there should be more attrition for the Spring portal window.

I don't know when his birthday is, but a HS senior in the fall semester is usually 17 years old. Of course he's a kid facing things outside his experience and, in this case, even outside the experience of the adult family members advising him.

To be fair, how many of us 35 year olds would be able to respond to the press, go on the Eisen, Skip, etc shows, host an IG live, do other social media, have our performance dissected, and not have some missteps that make us look bad? Especially when the reason for doing all that is to generate attention, attract followers and build our personal brand?

We're too hard on these kids.

I don't know when his birthday is, but a HS senior in the fall semester is usually 17 years old. Of course he's a kid facing things outside his experience and, in this case, even outside the experience of the adult family members advising him.

To be fair, how many of us 35 year olds would be able to respond to the press, go on the Eisen, Skip, etc shows, host an IG live, do other social media, have our performance dissected, and not have some missteps that make us look bad? Especially when the reason for doing all that is to generate attention, attract followers and build our personal brand?

Accepting bags full of cash comes with adult-level expectations and consequences.

That amount of money is professional level. They are going to be judged in that court.

Part of the deal when it was decided that a free education, housing and stipend weren't enough (publicly). Part of the deal when you choose to go the route of national media tour instead of the way Eric Brantely (for example) handled his recruitment. They are 17 year old children being thrust into an adult world that most people don't ever experience or at least not until they are 22-23 years old, so it's not necessarily "fair", but it's part of the deal.

I get that the money and fame carry expectations which demand unusual maturity at their age. But I'm trying to be realistic as the father of a 15 year old and what I believe he'd be prepared to handle in 2-3 years. I am impressed with Seaton and these other kids in this spotlight while trying to figure out a life plan with so much at stake for them and their families.

FWIW, I've had a lot more complaints about the maturity and behavior of the adults involved in this. Media and coaches, family, advisors, etc. But particularly fans. Did you guys see where [edit] OU got outrecruited for a kid and Sooner fans spammed the dad's business with a bunch of 1* reviews?

Last edited:
I get that the money and fame carry expectations which demand unusual maturity at their age. But I'm trying to be realistic as the father of a 15 year old and what I believe he'd be prepared to handle in 2-3 years. I am impressed with Seaton and these other kids in this spotlight while trying to figure out a life plan with so much at stake for them and their families.

FWIW, I've had a lot more complaints about the maturity and behavior of the adults involved in this. Media and coaches, family, advisors, etc. But particularly fans. Did you guys see where tOSU got outrecruited for a kid and Buckeye fans spammed the dad's business with a bunch of 1* reviews?
It was OU and Cayden Green's father's insurance business. Green transferred to Mizzou and OU fans spammed his Google reviews. Despicable humans

You are probably right, and I was too hard on JS. The process and pressure is overwhelming, and he was overwhelmed. I'll welcome him as a Buff.

One thing I see with the portal (Oline specifically) is some of the older guys are more like young men. They have been on campus for a few years, and many have substantial game experience. That is a new reality. Also, for any 4*-5* True Frosh it is tough to bear the expectations to play and play well, plugging-in to start on day one. I think Comarti will be a good/great player especially as he fills out, but bearing the expectations that he would plug-in and start day 1 opposite TH v. TCU were unrealistic.

Potentially a much, much beefier OL. Also adds some fun depth potential with guys like David Conner. The person who crafted this tweet saw in a video that Tyler Brown is open to playing C, just wants to get on the field.

Family Guy Lipstick GIF

Back