What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 CU Buffs Football Eligibility Chart

Did he flash in camp? Obviously was an outstanding HS player.
Yes. He was running 2nd team at points in fall camp when players were out and was singled out by coaches a few times.

AT IMG ACADEMY
  • Played his senior year of football for head coach Billy Miller at powerhouse IMG Academy in Clearwater Florida.
  • Was named as the defensive captain and recorded 45 tackles, four interceptions, five pass breakups, and two and a half sacks.
  • Named player of the week six times.
  • Was also a junior olympic boxer. :cool:

Potentially a much, much beefier OL. Also adds some fun depth potential with guys like David Conner. The person who crafted this tweet saw in a video that Tyler Brown is open to playing C, just wants to get on the field.

Fun to think about what the o line depth chart could look like next year. Might even add another player or two.

Think Washington competes for that RT spot, but we'll at least have a semi competent back up tackle if he doesn't start.

Brown, Walk, Zilinskas competing at center.

Wilty and Harden back up guards.

Jatta and Conner at tackle.

That's a lot bigger depth chart, and a lot more to work with.

Fun to think about what the o line depth chart could look like next year. Might even add another player or two.

Think Washington competes for that RT spot, but we'll at least have a semi competent back up tackle if he doesn't start.

Brown, Walk, Zilinskas competing at center.

Wilty and Harden back up guards.

Jatta and Conner at tackle.

That's a lot bigger depth chart, and a lot more to work with.
I think we'll add at least 2 more post bowl season.

I have to say, I'm still not sure what the plan is at TE. Metayer seems like a solid starter with the requisite size and athleticism, but outside of him we have Louis Passarello coming off season ending surgery as the only other scholarship TE. They liked Elijah Yelverton (walk on) last year, but he never really got any PT, so I can't imagine he is in their plans.

I don't buy that a Pat Shurmur offense is only going to have two TEs on the roster.

Reactions: GRM
I have to say, I'm still not sure what the plan is at TE. Metayer seems like a solid starter with the requisite size and athleticism, but outside of him we have Louis Passarello coming off season ending surgery as the only other scholarship TE. They liked Elijah Yelverton (walk on) last year, but he never really got any PT, so I can't imagine he is in their plans.

I don't buy that a Pat Shurmur offense is only going to have two TEs on the roster.
I don't even know how you practice or prepare for other teams with only 2 TE's.

Not that long ago, they had something like nine TEs on the roster. Not that any could play lick, but still.

Michael Trigg a former 4 star from Ole Miss just entered the portal. 6-4 245 athlete. He’s top of my wishlist. Below is a former Colorado prep player who’s in the portal.

View attachment 68615
Did you see him play in HS? Because I can't see where he did much of anything at Cal besides switching from D to O and being a solid scout team guy.

Did you see him play in HS? Because I can't see where he did much of anything at Cal besides switching from D to O and being a solid scout team guy.
No i didn’t. I wondered if he was worth it but posted bc of Colorado connection. Maybe he’s a walk on?

C is probably the only position where we aren't sure we upgraded. That said, one of the guards can move to center.
A former Buff team captain of recent past who is still close to the team told me the other day that Zalinskas should be considered "in the mix" nobody who they bring in.

Timmons has four years to play three, guess that makes him a sophomore.

Tyler Johnson is a SR with one to play one.

Phil Houston hasn’t signed with CU yet. @Da Lama said earlier in the thread that he might not sign.

Kahlil Benson has redshirted, has two to play two.

Yakiri Walker has redshirted, has two to play two.

Anquin Barnes has redshirted, has two to play two.

Preston Hodge is listed as a CB by CU.

DJ Lundy nees to be added as an SR ILB.

Timmons has four years to play three, guess that makes him a sophomore.

Tyler Johnson is a SR with one to play one.

Phil Houston hasn’t signed with CU yet. @Da Lama said earlier in the thread that he might not sign.

Kahlil Benson has redshirted, has two to play two.

Yakiri Walker has redshirted, has two to play two.

Anquin Barnes has redshirted, has two to play two.

Preston Hodge is listed as a CB by CU.

DJ Lundy nees to be added as an SR ILB.
OP Updated with the above changes
CU lists Wade as an OLB and four other recruits (Brantley, Davis-Swain, Wiggins and Okunlola) as DE. Not sure is CU is listing DE as Edge or DL.
I think CU lists guys as OLB or DE on the roster, but it's one position coach. Williams last year and Dancy this year. Easier to just keep Edge IMO

Also added Wilkerson back to RB since he has two years of eligibility left, even though he walked on Senior Day

Looks like they are at 81 scholarships as things stand right now

Michael Trigg a former 4 star from Ole Miss just entered the portal. 6-4 245 athlete. He’s top of my wishlist. Below is a former Colorado prep player who’s in the portal.

View attachment 68615

A former Buff team captain of recent past who is still close to the team told me the other day that Zalinskas should be considered "in the mix" nobody who they bring in.

Walter Taylor redshirted his first year at Vandy.

Trigg comes in a PWO, if he comes here.

Zalinskas should be in the mix on Oline. He played good/decent as True Frosh showing flexibility along the line. He could play many positions--C, G, 2ndTE in 2 TE set, and perhaps an emergency fill in at OT. I think they hold onto him and see how he grows. He showed smarts and athletic ability out there, just needs more lbs. and overall experience. Brown to C has me very intrigued, but the transfers really need to show-out at G, or he will beat one out. IMO, they will play the best players/combo available. Conner coming off the injury could be in the mix too. Agree with Lama that 1-2 more will be signed, just not sure if it is this portal period or the next.

Taylor will play even with SS on the field. They will use him in wildcat or maybe as RB/Slot in certain situations. Watching his film, he could be a match-up nightmare--running, passing and receiving. I'm extremely excited to see the new dynamic he brings. Even with an improved line, he can make 3rd and short, 2nd and 6 very interesting. I could even see them experimenting with SS going out wide, as SS is a good enough athlete the defense has to cover him with more than a LB.

I hope/think Staub stays for 2024. Staud is a baller and proved his talent to be QB#2 v. UU. I think the team believes in him, so that says a lot. IMO, he is the best insurance policy should SS get injured early in the season. If we get the #1 guy (Blackwood) in 2025, either Staub or Wade move. IMO, if Taylor is a swiss army knife, he will get his opportunity at QB, but I could see Staub stay and split with Taylor; even as Blackwood gets ready to play as a RS-Frosh--he plays in 4 games though.

Updated with some of the newer attrition and additions. Leaving Taurean Carter as a Senior as Adam said he has 1 year left. At 82 scholarships committed for Fall, with 79 committed for Spring, I believe (unless some of the transfers aren't coming until Summer).

Back